Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect him

He used to be really good

But it's time someone else commentated

Porter vs brook he failed to mention how porter had no leverage on his shots

Comment

IFL tv - Already has 72 thumbs up soon to be 73

littlepeajr14
      11 hours ago

Eddie please get rid of Jim Watt, I know it's not your decision entirely but you can have an influence, 90% of boxers/fans want him off, boxing is the one sport when commentating is so important and you have to call the fight correctly, it's boxing not wrestling Jim, hit and not get it, Paulie Malignaggi has been amazing for showtime and it's time for sky to go down the same route... Jamie Moore, Calzaghe, Barker, would all do a great job amongst other ex fighters, respect to Jim watt for his career but his ****ing me off to the point of sometimes I sit there watching **** streams of showtime instead of turning on my sky box purely because of Jim Watt. Eddie sort it out champ ! ***65279;
      ·

Give it a thumbs up. It'll no doubt do nothing but it has to be worth a try. I am sure if enough people express their interest Eddie will take note.

Comment

Honestly: Jim Watt is a terrible commentator. Just imagine him and Jim Lampley commentating a fight plus Max Kellerman making stupid comparisons.... Also the scoring of Jim Watt is terrible, everytime I see it. Hopefully Sky gets rid of Watt.

Comment

I lost count how many times he said "crude" on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            I lost count how many times he said "crude" on saturday.

Comment

fancies the job is one of my favs

Comment

Dan, don't think Eddie has much say in it tbh.

It's Adam Smith who needs to make the right decision.

That post is bang on, part of the reason I went to Froch/Groves was because I didn't have to listen to Jim Watt. Just horrendous to listen to.

Comment

I am tired of how he tries to second guess the judges. Just score the fight yourself man.

I would prefer it if he just didn't score the fight. Maybe they could get a guest commentator an old fighter say who puts together a scorecard.

Failing that just give the job to Richie Woodhall.

Porter was not boxing last Saturday it was all ineffective aggression and sloppy looking punches with nothing on them. It is not like Kell makes it hard to see what is going on he is a real stylist.

I like Jim for certain stuff though. If we get a random Ghanian over to compete for a commonwealth title we need Jim to tell us within 1 round of the fight whether he 'has a solid look about him' and whether he 'fancies the job'.

Comment

I find him less annoying than John Rawling to be honest. I miss the old Darke and McClory. And to be fair to Watt, there's been so much hype and false dawn where British fighters are concerned over the years so you can understand his pesamism sometimes.
                    Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 08-21-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• I remember for froch groves Paulie was decent. Maybe they should consider replacing him with Paulie for Fights in America. Obviously not if there's a haymon fighter though

Comment

Working...
                      X