Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine hate, like infuriating. I hate sky sports boxing for him alone, one of the worst commentators in boxing currently if not the worst. I could understand if he was bias, but I think he genuinely believes what he is saying because he is physically stupid, as in lacks the ability to form coherent thoughts based on what his eyes are seeing. If you guys could see the rage when I have to listen to him. My father doesn't like watching fights with me anymore because I get so angry and what Jim Watt is saying.

I used to like Steve Bunce when he was with Setanta also, absolutely cannot stand the man now he is on boxnation. He has to relate every single fight to a British fighter for no reason. He will watch Ward/Froch/Abraham etc etc. and then relate them to Calzaghe (i'm a big Calzaghe fan) who has been retired for years for no good reason.

Comment

Watt gave Porter 5 out of the first 7 rounds which was ridiculous.

I re watched the fight earlier and Brook did not have a slow start at all.

It's painful to listen to but I'm not sure Adam Smith has the balls to sack him.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
        Watt gave Porter 5 out of the first 7 rounds which was ridiculous.

I re watched the fight earlier and Brook did not have a slow start at all.

It's painful to listen to but I'm not sure Adam Smith has the balls to sack him.
        The worst thing is people who don't really watch boxing in the UK listen to him and his opinions and he actually influences peoples opinions of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          P4P the worst commentator in sport. Only Henry Blofield is worse. (Cricket commentator)
          Agree with you on Watt.

However Blowers is absolutely fantastic, totally entertaining even during the most tedious of times which there can be many during a cricket match.

2nd Best Cricket Commentator Ever, Only behind the Legendary Richie Benaud.

Comment

Watt is awful IMO.

He has given my boy Froch so much stick over the years.

His favorite was " He wont get away with that low left hand at World Level"

Sometime I wonder Watt fight he is actually watching.

Need some young blood on Sky, I actually like Duke McKenzie where is he these days?

Comment

[QUOTE=adietheforestfa;14866087]Watt is awful IMO.

Need some young blood on Sky, I actually like Duke McKenzie where is he these days?[/

Duke McKenzie is actually quite good

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                The worst thing is people who don't really watch boxing in the UK listen to him and his opinions and he actually influences peoples opinions of fights.
                You have hit the nail on the head! His position as a commentator holds a certain ability to be able influence people who are maybe just coming into the sport, With an out look that is incorrect.

Good post Arno

Comment

I used to like watt he talks some right shit nowadays. Was shocked as hell when I read his scorecard 4 rounds in
                  Last edited by Juof; 08-18-2014, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
                    Watt is awful IMO.

Need some young blood on Sky, I actually like Duke McKenzie where is he these days?
                    Oh man, has he never even seen a low lead hand? That's not uncommon outside the uk!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      Genuine hate, like infuriating. I hate sky sports boxing for him alone, one of the worst commentators in boxing currently if not the worst. I could understand if he was bias, but I think he genuinely believes what he is saying because he is physically stupid, as in lacks the ability to form coherent thoughts based on what his eyes are seeing. If you guys could see the rage when I have to listen to him. My father doesn't like watching fights with me anymore because I get so angry and what Jim Watt is saying.

I used to like Steve Bunce when he was with Setanta also, absolutely cannot stand the man now he is on boxnation. He has to relate every single fight to a British fighter for no reason. He will watch Ward/Froch/Abraham etc etc. and then relate them to Calzaghe (i'm a big Calzaghe fan) who has been retired for years for no good reason.
                      I'm exactly the same. Hate when bunce and lillis are commentating. Barry jones is great but lillis still can't pronounce foreign names (I've heard him say maidana in like three different ways!) while bunce never shuts up during the ring walks. I don't mind Calzaghe but whenever they see a welterweight they have to somehow bring up frankie gavin, with middleweights it's bloody billy joe. The only guy I'm okay with them mentioning is carl frampton but the way they prop up Paul butler is annoying at times even though he could be very good.

It's just because they are paid by frank warren tbh. Can't really hate on them for doing their jobs but when they see a super middleweight buglioni will get a mention and at cruiser weight you'd best believe cleverly will get a shoutout. And I don't like how we seem to have adopted Eddie chambers.

Comment

Working...
                      X