Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankie Gavin vs Junior Witter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more fights left until we get the chief support in Ronnie Heffron.

Haven't seen Miles Shinkwin before, doesn't sound very good.

Dignum looks a decent prospect but he was outmuscled by a good journeyman in Lee Noble. Needs to pack on some muscle and move up to 168.

Hoy-Croes fight was just your typical journeyman being overmatched and getting punched around the ring. Hoy was very active but landed a lot on the gloves & arms and the commentators were going on next level hype.
    Last edited by D-MiZe; 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Greatest journeyman troll ever.

Shame he makes the fight shit...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Greatest journeyman troll ever.

Shame he makes the fight shit...
        Fight was crap but I was pissing myself with his antics haha. Rather watch that than Bailey-Alexander.

Waiting for boxnation to big this Shinkwin up despite having the power of an onion and fighting a guy who has as many losses as birthdays.

Comment

Don't think I've laughed so much in all my life. Emmanuel Augustus has **** on Jody!

Comment

It's on now.

Comment

Switched off. The fight is a dud.

Witter wasn't ever that good, Gavin will never be better than British level.

Terrible fighters. No excitement whatsoever.

Comment

I struggled to keep my attention on the fight, was always going to be boring with the styles involved. Felt like Gavin hasn't really lost that amateur style and waits to much for opportunities, once he started throwing he looked much better.

Stupid to judge Gavin on a fight like this as Witter makes anyone look bad, to suggest he's only British level is ridiculous. Would really like to see Gavin-M.Hatton next, he'll have the chance to showcase his skill in a good match-up.

Comment

how did you all score the fight?...i had it 118-111 Gavin

Comment

Dreadful fight. I hope that's the last I have to see of Witter, he has the most annoying style to watch, always has. Gavin's got a lot of improvement to make, but as D-Mize said, tonight's not the night to judge him on. Plus he's still relatively experienced in the pro game.

Comment

Let's be honest, if Frankie Gavin ever becomes a world champion (which I doubt) it will be the typical Frank Warren WBO route where he'll be fighting scrubs (see Nathan Cleverly).

Ok, Frankie Gavin will be a European level fighter, and there's no shame in that, but the welterweight divisions are stacked with young talent and I fail to see where Gavin could fit in?

His boxing skills are good, but he has no power, little strength, and isn't aggressive enough to be considered among the best at 140/147.

Khan
                      Ortiz
                      Alexander
                      Bailey
                      Jones
                      Brook
                      Bradley
                      Rios
                      Peterson
                      Olusegun
                      Garcia
                      Matthysse
                      Alvarado
                      Prescott
                      C.Jones
                      Mallignaggi
                      Guerrero
                      Porter
                      Marquez

- All of these fighters beat Gavin and most stop him.

Comment

Working...
                      X