Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was hard to stop the Road Warrior, but it was an overall excellent performance from Bute. Ward or Froch are next in line.
    Last edited by Jay Volcano; 11-06-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Risty View Post
      article fails to acknowledge the KO victory against Andrade and Miranda?

Comment

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
        @Cutthroat

You can only beat what's in front of you. After all, Glen Johnson is taking the challenge Kessler and Pavlik weren’t willing to take.

A match between Bute and the winner of the Super-Six tournament, would make you rate Bute as number 1 on his division ?

He low balled Kessler, Kessler didn't just flat out duck him. He also low balled Glen Johnson but later agreed to up the ante, Johnson said he offered him just 250k to fight him at first, that's an insult. The only people you can really say ducked him would be Pavlik, and Quillin. IMO you can't really blame Quillin for not taking the fight, and I think he'd duck every single top SMW out there because the MW division is wide open for his taking, he'll have a very easy path as a MW champ compared to the SMW division which is pretty stacked.

A win over the Super 6 winner would make him the #1 SMW, but in order to truly solidify his position (for me personally) he'd have to beat them in convincing fashion to where there's no question he beat them (not some BS decision) and he'd have to take out just one more elite SMW in order to convince ME he's the BEST SMW out there, because styles do make fights and Ward, Froch, Dirrell, Kessler etc. all have VERY different styles.

Or if Bute were to dominate someone like Dirrell, Kessler, Pascal, Dawson (just one of them) and then beat the winner of the Super 6 he'd immediately be ranked as the #1 SMW in my book.

Comment

Hey fellas its a Joe Frazier appreciation thread in NSB and I would greatly appreciate it if you guys stopped by.

Comment

he did very well vs johnson, i think he did let off the gas a few times where he coulda knocked him out, maybe he was trying to showcase more of himself and show how dominate he can be??...which may help bring more hype to his next fight.

Comment

Working...
            X