Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucian Bute

how good is he? what are your thoughts?
    I enjoy him, and being from Canada im glad to see some more Canadians with bigger names, its good for us and its good for boxing (yes i know hes not all Canadian).

He is a very good boxer puncher who is a muderous body puncher.His opposition is questionable though if he KOs Johnson it will be very impressive.

Comment

Exceptional body puncher. He will prove a lot of doubters wrong, when he'll fight against everyone's favourite boys: Ward or Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by I-M-E View Post
        how good is he? what are your thoughts?
        I enjoy him, and being from Canada im glad to see some more Canadians with bigger names, its good for us and its good for boxing (yes i know hes not all Canadian).
        Firstly he needs to get his head out of his ass and stop low balling fighters, he's acting as if he's proven himself as an elite fighter which he has not. He may be an elite fighter or he may not, we cannot tell because he hasn't fought a good fighter yet.

We've seen a bunch of euro fighters look VERY impressive but once they finally step up in competition they are exposed. Take Abraham for example, he looked unbeatable prior to the SMW tournament he was DOMINATING fighters, he was also the favorite coming in along with Kessler, but of course once they stepped up in competition against elite fighters they looked average.

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        He is a very good boxer puncher who is a muderous body puncher.His opposition is questionable though if he KOs Johnson it will be very impressive.

I don't think it'll be impressive if he does beat Johnson. In the Froch fight Johnson looked VERY old, Froch looked really weight drained but was still able wobble him a bit. If that was Froch at his best he'd KO him in the mid rounds. Froch even said it himself how much Glen declined. Glen also tired out pretty quickly unlike his past fights.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed Glen will go down in the Bute fight.

Comment

i agree, he does need to step it up, but i think we all can agree that he has potential to be something, the johnson fight will help us see but after that i think he needs to step it up more and more each fight, id love to see him sometime after the supersix tourney fight froch or ward as well

Comment

I have to agree with this article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...boxing-history

Comment

Originally posted by I-M-E View Post
              i agree, he does need to step it up, but i think we all can agree that he has potential to be something, the johnson fight will help us see but after that i think he needs to step it up more and more each fight, id love to see him sometime after the supersix tourney fight froch or ward as well
              Yes he definitely has potential but he needs to step up his competition fast. He's 31 years old right now and turning 32 in around 4 months which will probably be before his next fight. Going by his record he only fights twice a year so he may be around 33 by the time he actually does fight an elite fighter, and usually the older a fighter gets the more they decline. Most fighters are out of their prime by the age of 34-35 years old, it is extremely rare that they will get better as they age, the only two I can think of right now would be Martinez and Hopkins.

The reason for this is that as we age our testosterone decreases, testosterone helps you build muscle, gives you energy and allows your body to recover faster from workouts which is very important, etc. a man's testosterone starts decreasing when they're in their 30's. Testosterone also helps you shed fat faster and keep it off.

Comment

in my opinion is good but not special. I think that he never can be a top 5 P4P
                but he have same good skills

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Firstly he needs to get his head out of his ass and stop low balling fighters, he's acting as if he's proven himself as an elite fighter which he has not. He may be an elite fighter or he may not, we cannot tell because he hasn't fought a good fighter yet.

We've seen a bunch of euro fighters look VERY impressive but once they finally step up in competition they are exposed. Take Abraham for example, he looked unbeatable prior to the SMW tournament he was DOMINATING fighters, he was also the favorite coming in along with Kessler, but of course once they stepped up in competition against elite fighters they looked average.

I don't think it'll be impressive if he does beat Johnson. In the Froch fight Johnson looked VERY old, Froch looked really weight drained but was still able wobble him a bit. If that was Froch at his best he'd KO him in the mid rounds. Froch even said it himself how much Glen declined. Glen also tired out pretty quickly unlike his past fights.

Froch looks abit drained at most his weigh ins.He still did not KO him so to me anyway it would be impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Wow Froch fans are fuking delusional. Froch walks around in the low 170's, he doesn't cut weight. In the ring vs AA he was 169, keep making **** up though ******.

The only decent fighter Froch has KO'd is a punch drunk Taylor, before that Mcgee 6years ago lol Froch KO Johnson, right.

Comment

Working...
                    X