No announcement yet.

Ruiz ducks Hrgovic again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruiz ducks Hrgovic again

This is the second time he said no thanks to fight Hrgovic. This time it's an IBF total fight. He might be trying to tell us something! He turned down a 60/40 spilt. Hrgovic will have to pick another fighter as Ruiz doesn't want to get his wide rear end knocked out.

One of these guys will do. Wilder you are up next.
    1 FILIP HRGOVIC CROATIA
    2 NOT RATED
    3 ANDY RUIZ JR UNITED STATES
    4 DEONTAY WILDER UNITED STATES
    5 ANTHONY JOSHUA ENGLAND
    6 MARTIN BAKOLE CONGO, THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE
    7 FRANK SANCHEZ CUBA
    8 AGIT KABAYEL GERMANY
    9 TONY YOKA FRANCE
    10 DILLIAN WHYTE JAMAICA
    11 DEMSEY MC KEAN AUSTRALIA
    12 OTTO WALLIN SWEDEN
    13 MURAT GASSIEV RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    14 CHARLES MARTIN UNITED STATES
    15 LUIS ORTIZ CUBA

I expect AJ and Wilder to turn it down, Bakole should accept though and that would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      I expect AJ and Wilder to turn it down, Bakole should accept though and that would be a good fight.
      AJ and Wilder need to realize that Fury and Usyk have the belts, and Hrgovic will be fighting for the other! If Fury balks with the Usyk fight ( I hope not ) that means Fury will fight someone else ( Joyce ? ) and, Wilder may be forced to fight Hrgovic. That is unless Wilder passes on Hrgovic and wants to protect that fragile chin and fight another 38-40+ year old man instead of a title fight. We've seen it before, a few times.

The game will end soon. A fighter can fight for the vacant IBF belt or risk being locked be out of the belts.

Hrgovic will knock Wilder if/when the fight is made.

Comment

Who the hell would want to fight a nobody and have to give him the lion's share of the purse? No offense but Hrgovic's rank is manufactured. I hope Bakole accepts, I think he's too tough for Hrgovic and the fight would help establish Bakole. Ruiz doesn't need the fight, especially as the B-side.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Who the hell would want to fight a nobody and have to give him the lion's share of the purse? No offense but Hrgovic's rank is manufactured. I hope Bakole accepts, I think he's too tough for Hrgovic and the fight would help establish Bakole. Ruiz doesn't need the fight, especially as the B-side.
          You really think so? Baloke has a limit amateur experience ( does he have any ) is fat, and not too big of a puncher. Mike Hunter knocked him out. He would be a not so famous easy pick. I wanted the coward Ruiz, but he said no, and up next the glass jawed Wilder. If its Baloke so be it, at least he will take a title fight as his options are limited. Anyone who knows the game will tell you Hrgovic kicks but in the gym. Enough talk. Someone will take the opportuntiy to be knocked out.

Comment

A logical matchup would be Hrgovic vs Joyce, but apparently Joyce is happy to continue believing he is impervious to power and that an even older giant, one coming off a loss, no less, is the way to go. Meanwhile, I'll sit and watch for the wheels to soon come off. Hrgovic would have been the better way for Joyce to press his point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

You really think so? Baloke has a limit amateur experience ( does he have any ) is fat, and not too big of a puncher. Mike Hunter knocked him out. He would be a not so famous easy pick. I wanted the coward Ruiz, but he said no, and up next the glass jawed Wilder. If its Baloke so be it, at least he will take a title fight as his options are limited. Anyone who knows the game will tell you Hrgovic kicks but in the gym. Enough talk. Someone will take the opportuntiy to be knocked out.
              I'm a fan of Hunter but I doubt he wins that fight had Bakole had the use of both arms.

Did you see Bakole win over Yoka? Those were some of the worst scorecards ever because I don't see how Yoka won even one round. Yoka did not have the stomach to really even compete with Bakole. Yoka had a fairly impressive amateur career but the pros require a willingness to push through some adversity. Yoka wilted and I suspect Hrgovic will as well.

To beat a healthy Bakole, a fighter is going to have an abundance of toughness. I wasn't at all impressed with Hrgovic's win over Zhang and if made me think he might be a little soft. I suspect Zhang might have walked Hrgovic down had he not had serious issues with stamina.

Anyway, that's my take on it till I see differently.

Comment

I'm a fan of Hunter but I doubt he wins that fight had Bakole had the use of both arms.

Did you see Bakole win over Yoka? Those were some of the worst scorecards ever because I don't see how Yoka won even one round. Yoka did not have the stomach to really even compete with Bakole. Yoka had a fairly impressive amateur career but the pros require a willingness to push through some adversity. Yoka wilted and I suspect Hrgovic will as well.

To beat a healthy Bakole, a fighter is going to have an abundance of toughness. I wasn't at all impressed with Hrgovic's win over Zhang and if made me think he might be a little soft. I suspect Zhang might have walked Hrgovic down had he not had serious issues with stamina.

Anyway, that's my take on it till I see differently.
                You entitled to you take. Hrgovic wasn't himself for Zhage who scored a highly questionable knock down on a wet ring. At most Zhang who hits much harder and boxes much better than Baloke won four rounds. Hrgovic will easily out box and out hit Baloke. Yoka sucks as a pro. He has no chin and no stones. Hunter who back out of a signed fight with Hrgovic ( notice a theme of fighters running for Hrgoivc ) is a small fry , with no power yet he beat Baloke. When was Balkoe hurt and what where the cards? Did the injury require surgery?

Baloke is not skilled, nor is he fast, not does he hit hard and he has not fought a puncher in Hrogvic's class. He is a grade B meatball ( 282 and 275 for his last two fights ) who only appears tough because he has not fought anyone. Hrgovic will dine in him. That's my take on it. I am disappointed by Ruiz running away again and hope for a better opponent.

Comment

Ruiz unwilling to accept B side status to a fighter whose resume is dwarfed by his own, makes sense to me. Also, if Ruiz can land the Wilder fight that is the fight to make.

Hrgovic vs Bakole
                  Wilder vs Ruiz

these fights make the most sense, if you ask me

Comment

Ruiz unwilling to accept B side status to a fighter whose resume is dwarfed by his own, makes sense to me. Also, if Ruiz can land the Wilder fight that is the fight to make.

Hrgovic vs Bakole
                    Wilder vs Ruiz

these fights make the most sense, if you ask me
                    That assumes Wider and Ruiz will fight and not duck one another. Yeah they will both risk it for a non title fight. Not.

Baloke is third on the picking list.

Comment

Working...
                    X