No announcement yet.

Q's on weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
    The IBF (i believe) had that rule-hydration clause. Then Danny Jacobs skipped out on it for the MW title bout against GGG and came in as a cruiserweight. He basically said he’d give up on their belt for the weight advantage and the win.

WSince then they have decided to only use the hydration clause in fights they solely sanction.

To me, everyone should use them. An 8%, or 10 lb hydration clause for all fights shouldnt be that hard, allows for fighters to be healthy and rehydrate, and keeps fighters close in weight (which also promotes health).
    - -Too many weighins causes too many weight bounces that any Doc not a quack would ever subscribe to.

Unlimited hydration or eliminate weight classes to return to the open weight class as God intended in the beginning.

Sissies need not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Too many weighins causes too many weight bounces that any Doc not a quack would ever subscribe to.

Unlimited hydration or eliminate weight classes to return to the open weight class as God intended in the beginning.

Sissies need not apply.
      What do you deem as too many weigh-ins? I'm interested at what point the amount of weigh ins becomes too many and cause a weight to bounce?

Wouldn't fighters just safely rehydrating after the weigh in on Fridays knowing that a rehydration clause is coming? Or do you feel they would put on 15 lbs, then drop back down, only to go back up again? that seems a bit farfetched>

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
        What do you deem as too many weigh-ins? I'm interested at what point the amount of weigh ins becomes too many and cause a weight to bounce?

Wouldn't fighters just safely rehydrating after the weigh in on Fridays knowing that a rehydration clause is coming? Or do you feel they would put on 15 lbs, then drop back down, only to go back up again? that seems a bit farfetched>
        - -WBC got em 5x wt cuts now. IBF with a rehydration limit they ignore when convenient.

Fat Suliaman the last guy on the face of the earth who should be setting wt policy.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

One weighin the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
          Don't most 'day before weight-ins' now have a of ten pound maximum gain 'fight day' clause/rule attached to them?
          i could be mistaken but i think that started because of that time gatti nearly killed gamache.

i think gamache coach accused gatti of not even making weight before the fight even took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            i could be mistaken but i think that started because of that time gatti nearly killed gamache.

i think gamache coach accused gatti of not even making weight before the fight even took place.
            - - No Accusation needed when they were eyewitness to the commish tampering with the scales when Gatti weighed in.

This the same Commish who allowed Resto tampered gloves vs Collins.

Comment

- - No Accusation needed when they were eyewitness to the commish tampering with the scales when Gatti weighed in.

This the same Commish who allowed Resto tampered gloves vs Collins.
              witnesses??

any links i could look at about this?

Comment

witnesses??

- -Ye aulde jabberwonky keeps plenty of links at his disposal.

Comment

- -Ye aulde jabberwonky keeps plenty of links at his disposal.
                  i knew you were full of sh%t 😆

Comment

witnesses??

- -U desiring links no surprise.

U on the wrong website.

Comment

Working...
                    X