No announcement yet.

Who was the greater fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willie pep 229 View Post
    it's a no brainer, . . . Greb! The aliens pictures will show up on the history channel a week later.
    .....😆.....

Comment

I feel like Tunney is a more complete fighter, and overall rank him higher on a p4p level. I think his power probably separates the two; both had educated jabs, good defense, were smart, had great whiskers.

Moreover, Tunney is top 5 all time at his best weight (light heavy) whereas I wouldnt rank Ross as high in either lightweight or welterweight.

Ross is an ATG and has some very good wins, but I like Tunney better.

Comment

i voted for tunney but it's very close. both of them had shorter careers than usual for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post
          i voted for tunney but it's very close. both of them had shorter careers than usual for the time.
          Ross looked shot against Armstrong and may have been at the end of his time. Who knows though, maybe Henry just had that certain style that matches perfectly to defeat Ross and Barney had a few more left in him. We'll never know for sure. What we do know is World War 2 interupted any chance of that.

Tunney looked to still be sharp when he retired. I would have liked to see him keep fightIng. There were guys out there like Schmeling, Striking and Baer that would have made for interesting and solid to very good defenses for him. I'd favor him over all of them, but you never know. Be interesting to see how and if he would break down a really big heavyweight as well like Simon or Carnera. Carnera does hold a win over Loughran who drew with Tunney at LH. Lol, I'll try not to get into triangle theories though.

Comment

Working...
          X