No announcement yet.

Mayweather v GGG (2014) CW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
    I don't know if this counts as history, and thus belongs in this section, but it does posit a premise over five years ago....so I'll run with it.

I remember in the mid 2010s, there was talk of a potential Mayweather v GGG fight. So for the sake of discussion, lets say it took place, allow me to set the hypothetical parameters; and do me the favor of not bringing up that GGG never went out of his weight class at this time, or that FMJ wouldnt take on a power puncher of G's size. Just follow the possibility and let me know how you think the fight breaks down.

After picking apart a somewhat green Canelo Alvarez, Mayweather starts feeling himself. GGG isn't known much outside the boxing community at this time, but HBO keeps hyping up a 'monster at middleweight' and Floyd wants to test his mettle. After much back and forth they sign on to fight in May of 2014 at the catchweight of 157 lbs.

Now this is younger and prime G. Who later on in his career would take on and in all honesty beat a better version of Canelo (I know, you can't say that here because the sycophants get up in arms. But if we are being honest he did beat him in their first fight). He has a punch, can take a punch, and still had enough juice in his legs to cut the ring off on some good fighters.

Conversely, Mayweather is getting up there in age by this point. He'd be fighting at a weight he'd never fought at before, and is no longer as spry as he once was.

Clearly, on a P4P prime for prime measurement, Mayweather is far ahead of GGG. But if this fight happened at this time, how do you think it would shake out?
    GGG wont change his style, he'll plod foreward and box and never hit Mayweather, and lose this way. He won't suddenly turn into a pressure fighter and fight inside, and if hes behind on the cards hes still gonna get paid the same, so he won't try any harder.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      GGG wont change his style, he'll plod foreward and box and never hit Mayweather, and lose this way. He won't suddenly turn into a pressure fighter and fight inside, and if hes behind on the cards hes still gonna get paid the same, so he won't try any harder.
      - -McG hamburgered JoyBoy face 111 x.

Fact:TUE 51-0 refused to entertain GGG standing offer at 154 for all the belts.

Much less try 160.

This is a boxing forum, son, not a Peter Pan forum...geez...

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
        I don't know if this counts as history, and thus belongs in this section, but it does posit a premise over five years ago....so I'll run with it.

I remember in the mid 2010s, there was talk of a potential Mayweather v GGG fight. So for the sake of discussion, lets say it took place, allow me to set the hypothetical parameters; and do me the favor of not bringing up that GGG never went out of his weight class at this time, or that FMJ wouldnt take on a power puncher of G's size. Just follow the possibility and let me know how you think the fight breaks down.

After picking apart a somewhat green Canelo Alvarez, Mayweather starts feeling himself. GGG isn't known much outside the boxing community at this time, but HBO keeps hyping up a 'monster at middleweight' and Floyd wants to test his mettle. After much back and forth they sign on to fight in May of 2014 at the catchweight of 157 lbs.

Now this is younger and prime G. Who later on in his career would take on and in all honesty beat a better version of Canelo (I know, you can't say that here because the sycophants get up in arms. But if we are being honest he did beat him in their first fight). He has a punch, can take a punch, and still had enough juice in his legs to cut the ring off on some good fighters.

Conversely, Mayweather is getting up there in age by this point. He'd be fighting at a weight he'd never fought at before, and is no longer as spry as he once was.

Clearly, on a P4P prime for prime measurement, Mayweather is far ahead of GGG. But if this fight happened at this time, how do you think it would shake out?
        LOL'd at that part.

Comment

I know its beside the point to point this out, but there is just no way in hell that Floyd would go anywhere near GGG. It is just so against his whole mentality as a boxer. And I'm not a 'hater' I know he is all time one of the most talented and skilled ever. But a true warrior he was not.

As for how the fight goes.. I dunno. Floyd would be way too mobile for GGG early on, but once GGG lands I really cannot see Floyd holding up under that kind of power, of course his chin and defence were excellent, but thats a huge natural size advantage to a guy with serious world class power in both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            it wouldnt even last a couple of rounds tbh
            He had an iron jaw and never was properly put on the mat in 18 years.

He isnt getting stopped

Comment

- -Maidana faked a rt to the body before smashing his jaw as he backed to the ropes in the opening minute of the first rd.

He immediately clinched, and after Bayliss give time to recover, he breaks as Floydy does a stiff backwards zombie walk to bounce off and collapse helplessly before Maidana could get to him.

Bayliss rushes over looking like his dog just died in front of his eyes. No count was ever delivered and Floydy got up to stink out the rest of the rd.

Maidana pulled the same move at the end of a mid rd with Flydy backed into his corner. The impact spun him around 180 degrees facing his daddy. Had Maidana had 10-20 sec, he'd have racked up the KO of the decade but for the bell rang.

Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                he had an iron jaw and never was properly put on the mat in 18 years.

He isnt getting stopped
                😆😅😅😅😅😅😆😆😅🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😅😅😆😆😅😅🤣🤣🤣😂

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  He had an iron jaw and never was properly put on the mat in 18 years.

He isnt getting stopped
                  nah, he just barely got hit. And when he got hit he saw it coming. Every time he got "caught" his legs went to jelly. Floyds a small framed welter, his natural weight, even at 40 years old is probably 135-140. Everything he did was from fighting smart. GGG wouldnt catch Floyd with anything outside of a jab, so he might get his nose marked up cause hes giving up a lot of weight. Avoiding GGGs bombs would be easy for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -McG hamburgered JoyBoy face 111 x.

Fact:TUE 51-0 refused to entertain GGG standing offer at 154 for all the belts.

Much less try 160.

This is a boxing forum, son, not a Peter Pan forum...geez...
                    - -Bears repeating this a dumbo thread for those reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X