No announcement yet.

Mayweather v GGG (2014) CW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    thank yes GGG defended against 1 top contender before losing titlehood true.
    what??????????? 😆

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
      I don't know if this counts as history, and thus belongs in this section, but it does posit a premise over five years ago....so I'll run with it.

I remember in the mid 2010s, there was talk of a potential Mayweather v GGG fight. So for the sake of discussion, lets say it took place, allow me to set the hypothetical parameters; and do me the favor of not bringing up that GGG never went out of his weight class at this time, or that FMJ wouldnt take on a power puncher of G's size. Just follow the possibility and let me know how you think the fight breaks down.

After picking apart a somewhat green Canelo Alvarez, Mayweather starts feeling himself. GGG isn't known much outside the boxing community at this time, but HBO keeps hyping up a 'monster at middleweight' and Floyd wants to test his mettle. After much back and forth they sign on to fight in May of 2014 at the catchweight of 157 lbs.

Now this is younger and prime G. Who later on in his career would take on and in all honesty beat a better version of Canelo (I know, you can't say that here because the sycophants get up in arms. But if we are being honest he did beat him in their first fight). He has a punch, can take a punch, and still had enough juice in his legs to cut the ring off on some good fighters.

Conversely, Mayweather is getting up there in age by this point. He'd be fighting at a weight he'd never fought at before, and is no longer as spry as he once was.

Clearly, on a P4P prime for prime measurement, Mayweather is far ahead of GGG. But if this fight happened at this time, how do you think it would shake out?
      - -Gonna keep it simples for you.

GGG offered 154 for the titles, no catchweight...NYET!

Wart offered 162 catchweight with being a bigger stinker than TUE...Triple NYET!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
        I don't know if this counts as history, and thus belongs in this section, but it does posit a premise over five years ago....so I'll run with it.

I remember in the mid 2010s, there was talk of a potential Mayweather v GGG fight. So for the sake of discussion, lets say it took place, allow me to set the hypothetical parameters; and do me the favor of not bringing up that GGG never went out of his weight class at this time, or that FMJ wouldnt take on a power puncher of G's size. Just follow the possibility and let me know how you think the fight breaks down.

After picking apart a somewhat green Canelo Alvarez, Mayweather starts feeling himself. GGG isn't known much outside the boxing community at this time, but HBO keeps hyping up a 'monster at middleweight' and Floyd wants to test his mettle. After much back and forth they sign on to fight in May of 2014 at the catchweight of 157 lbs.

Now this is younger and prime G. Who later on in his career would take on and in all honesty beat a better version of Canelo (I know, you can't say that here because the sycophants get up in arms. But if we are being honest he did beat him in their first fight). He has a punch, can take a punch, and still had enough juice in his legs to cut the ring off on some good fighters.

Conversely, Mayweather is getting up there in age by this point. He'd be fighting at a weight he'd never fought at before, and is no longer as spry as he once was.

Clearly, on a P4P prime for prime measurement, Mayweather is far ahead of GGG. But if this fight happened at this time, how do you think it would shake out?
        I would be impressed if Mayweather made it to the final bell. Golovkin's accuracy and power are just too much for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          I would be impressed if Mayweather made it to the final bell. Golovkin's accuracy and power are just too much for him.
          it wouldnt even last a couple of rounds tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            it wouldnt even last a couple of rounds tbh
            You think?

I am not dis*****g that, per se. But I do believe Mayweather knew what it takes to beat Golovkin and would apply it right away. But executing over the distance would become impossible once Golovkin established the jab. Then the body shots would follow.

You really could be right. I just think Golovkin needs to get comfortable, and Mayweather has it in him to at least make the early rounds uncomfortable.

Thinking about how McGregor found Floyd early, though, you've definitely got a case.

Comment

what??????????? 😆
              truth hurts i see.

Comment

You think?

I am not dis*****g that, per se. But I do believe Mayweather knew what it takes to beat Golovkin and would apply it right away. But executing over the distance would become impossible once Golovkin established the jab. Then the body shots would follow.

You really could be right. I just think Golovkin needs to get comfortable, and Mayweather has it in him to at least make the early rounds uncomfortable.

Thinking about how McGregor found Floyd early, though, you've definitely got a case.
                like he did with margarito?

oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  truth hurts i see.
                  still not sure what you are talking about tbh

Comment

like he did with margarito?

oh wait...
                    Margarita fights nothing like Golovkin. If anything they're primary colors.

This fight will be a Jr Middleweight version of Arguello-Olivares.

Comment

Margarita fights nothing like Golovkin. If anything they're primary colors.

This fight will be a Jr Middleweight version of Arguello-Olivares.
                      did you just admit margarito would kill floyd??

Comment

Working...
                      X