X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Yup.

That's how contracts work. (Has anyone disputed that?)

And you know who knew contracts and the lse better than any of us?
    The Appelate Judge!

The jury found for the plaintiff. But the judge's award to them was nominal. It's obvious that the Judge was upholding the law, but still saw through the scam.

I'm not suggesting you insinuated as much, but because it might be inferred, let me put the words in your mouth just because it's legal doesn't mean it's just. In close days, Wills couldn't enter half the places which Dempsey could enter in this country. Legal, not just.

Once upon a time men used armed henchmen to get what they wanted, in the modern era we have contracts.

And let's look at the bigger picture: Wills was dog shyte. Sure, it would have been nice if Dempsey had kicked his ass. I'd welcome any demonstration of Jack's power. But he fought better men in Willard, Firpo and Sharkey and how did those fights play out? And those were guys who could actually punch back, and pick themselves up off the canvas. Wills was just a sloppy cur.

And again, broken contract or not, how can this hurt Jack when:

Louis never properly avenged his loss to Schmeling.

Marciano refused to return to fight Ingo, even though he was still younger than Charles, Moore, Walcott and Louis were when they fought him.

Ali was inactive during Frazier's prime. (There was a bit of overlap - Frazier won handedly).

Foreman dodged Quarry (his own admission).

Holmes padded his record with neophytes. (Barely scraping by, no less).

Lewis stayed an amateur to avoid Tyson... and then abandoned Boxing just as the Klitchkos came of age.

See how innocent Dempsey appears when we look at facts, rather than dispute court findings?

This guy is having a breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      The point was to make you aware of your behavior, not an invitation to repeat it.
      And my point is I'm still waiting for you to come with some facts.

The truth is on my side. You got nothing and that's why none of your posts here amount to squat

Can't you do any better?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Willie Pep 229

This will put an end to your latest spin. Sorry buddy.

The incident with Wills being "paraded" ringside was shortly before August 11th.

You claimed that Dempsey, reacting to that, decided to never give Wills a shot.

Yet here Dempsey is on August 18th.....about a week later, saying he will demand the fight after Tunney....but of course, only for a winner take all bout, which Wills manager called out as being bullshlt since it was well know that such a fight would be illegal. Not only that, but the dude Dempsey claimed to have given money to for the winner takes all fight claims he was never given any money at all. But check it out:

And if you are doubting the date, here is the full article with date.

So I guess now you're going to say that he was enraged with Wills when it happened, he got over it a week later, and then 3 weeks later he was enraged by it again, right?

Just admit you are wrong. It would be a classy and upstanding thing to do.

So yea um....your timetable is a bit off, don't you think?

Hey Willie Pep 229

So Dempsey was mad about Wills being paraded around MSG on August 11th, not mad about it on August 18th...and then mad about it again on September 12th????

Explain

And please don't forget to bring your proof instead of pulling shlt out of your hat, ok?
        Last edited by travestyny; 03-24-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

No they are not. It clearly says that Rickard blames Reynolds entirely

Why do you do this? What you are doing is not cool. You are blatantly lying.

How does, "I attribute the whole thing to Reynolds" means they are blaming Reynolds for Will's actions?

I have never said I was a lawyer. See how easy it is for you to twist things? I don't know what's wrong with you so I'm just going to do it like this.

1. FIND ME PROOF THAT DEMPSEY BLAMED WILLS FOR WHAT HAPPENED.

2. EXPLAIN TO ME HOW DEMPSEY'S STATEMENT ABOUT NEVER GIVING WILLS A SHOT WAS ABOUT WILLS BEING PARADED AROUND MSG WHEN A WEEK AFTER THE INCIDENT HE SAID HE WILL DEMAND TO FIGHT HIM.

I'll wait. Let's see your facts.

Oh yea, let me add #3 to this since you said it.

3. Show me proof that Dempsey immediately changed his mind about fighting Wills, which I find hard to believe since the statement was about a week or so from the Tunney match, and both Wills and Dempsey lost their next fight. So why, according to you, did Dempsey change his mind about a fight that everyone now knew was dead. Where is his statement saying that it was about the MSG incident and that he changed his mind.

Show it to me.

By the way, you completely ducked post #81 that proves definitively that you are wrong.
          I am sorry about the lawyer thing, please don't accuse me of twisting things purposely.

What I noticed was that you said something about "why we study this case in law school." I thought you were talking about yourself being in law school.

The lawyer remark was not meant to be an insult, but instead my recognition of your expertise. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
            I am sorry about the lawyer thing, please don't accuse me of twisting things purposely.

What I noticed was that you said something about "why we study this case in law school." I thought you were talking about yourself being in law school.

The lawyer remark was not meant to be an insult, but instead my recognition of your expertise. Oops!
            It was a reference to me being in law school, but I am not a lawyer. Not everyone who attends law school goes on to be a lawyer.

I sincerely don't want this thing to get out of hand, and I've been trying to be civil and just present the facts, but if I can be honest...I don't like what you're doing.

You're twisting everything to fit your agenda, and when I prove that you are wrong, you ignore it and say the same thing over again. It's not cool, bro.

So now I'm just asking, if you have the proof, show it. Because I've dropped lots of proof here and I've got nothing in return.
            Last edited by travestyny; 03-24-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I have an idea!

Why don't we just recreate the trial?

Billeau2 can play the judge, Rusty can be Dempsey's lwayer, TravestyNY can play the oily, deceitful Floyd Fitzsimmons, and Queensbury can be the homeless guy outside who keeps banging on the court room window scaring the jury.

BTW has anyone ever seen the late 1980s pseudo-documentary The Trial of George Armstrong Custer?

The premise is that Custer survives the massacre and is court martial for incompetence and insubordination.

It was a different and fun way to flesh out all the facts of the battle.

Comment

It was a reference to me being in law school, but I am not a lawyer. Not everyone who attends law school goes on to be a lawyer.

I sincerely don't want this thing to get out of hand, and I've been trying to be civil and just present the facts, but if I can be honest...I don't like what you're doing.

You're twisting everything to fit your agenda, and when I prove that you are wrong, you ignore it and say the same thing over again. It's not cool, bro.

So now I'm just asking, if you have the proof, show it. Because I've dropped lots of proof here and I've got nothing in return.
                Ok then lets stop. I don't want this 100 year old thing to end up souring us towards each other.

But then you did have some law training, that is cool. Never meant to be an insult

Comment

I have an idea!

Billeau2 can play the judge, Rusty can be Dempsey's lwayer, TravestyNY can play the oily, deceitful Floyd Fitzsimmons, and Queensbury can be the homeless guy outside who keeps banging on the court room window scaring the jury.

BTW has anyone ever seen the late 1980s pseudo-documentary The Trial of George Armstrong Custer?

The premise is that Custer survives the massacre and is court martial for incompetence and insubordination.

I have an idea.

Show me the proof that Dempsey was mad at Wills a month after the MSG incident and that's why he declared he would never give him a title shot.

Make sure that it reconciles how he was still "willing" to fight Wills a week after the MSG incident, though you claimed that it was days after that he was enraged by it and made an off the cuff reaction.....that turned out to be a month later.

And show the proof, as YOU have stated, that he came to his senses and said that he was only mad about the MSG incident and he will now fight Wills. Because you did claim he changed his mind, so you must have all of this information somewhere.

Unless you are completely making it up.
                  Last edited by travestyny; 03-24-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Ok then lets stop. I don't want this 100 year old thing to end up souring us towards each other.

But then you did have some law training, that is cool. Never meant to be an insult
                    I wasn't insulted by that.

I'm frustrated that I've taken up much of my time by showing you all of this information that backs up exactly what I say and you are still trying to inject into it what you want to believe because you can't handle the facts.

Again, it's not fair to Harry Wills, and it's not fair to history. The truth is what matters here. I know you love Dempsey, but that's no way to go about it.

So you need to show me the proof. Do you have it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                      I have an idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X