13 - Willie Pep
    14 - Barney Ross
    15 - Archie Moore
    16 - George Dixon
    17 - Ray Leonard
    18 - Terry McGovern
    19 - Floyd Mayweather
    20 - Packey McFarland

Who did Dixon beat on an all time pound for pound list, who? List names please. By the way I sent you a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Who did Dixon beat on an all time pound for pound list, who? List names please. By the way I sent you a PM.
      Thats a good list. Not my list, but good. Only 4 post 1960 entries. That's a good sign.

Read anything good on George Dixon in recent years to reccomend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Thats a good list. Not my list, but good. Only 4 post 1960 entries. That's a good sign.

Read anything good on George Dixon in recent years to reccomend?
        Dixon IMO doesn't belong on an all tine p4p list. He is terrible ( but past his prime older ) on video and failed to beat another hall of fame fighter. I'll send you a PM

Comment

• this might not mean anything, but Nat Fleischer rated Dixon #1 bantamweight of all time. Charley Rose rated him #2 all time. On the other hand, the only true great fighter he fought was Terry McGovern and loss two times. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            This is my top 20 list, which will remain fluid, that way adjustments can be made over time.

1- Ray Robinson

2- Willie Pep

3- Archie Moore

4- Ezzard Charles

5- Roberto Duran

6- Harry Greb

7- Manny Pacquiao

8- Barney Ross

9- Benny Leonard

10- Sam Langford

11- Mickey Walker

12- Henry Armstrong

13- Ike Williams

14- Jake LaMotta

15- Jack Dempsey

16- Beau Jack

17- Tony Canzoneri

18- Ray Leonard

19- Marco Antonio Barrera

20- Emile Griffith

Plenty of honorable mentions who can easily be rotated on or off the list. In no particular order:

Jose Napoles
            Pernell Whitaker
            Julio Cesar Chavez Sr
            Michael Spinks
            Sammy Angott
            Joe Louis
            Jimmy McLarnin
            Joe Gans
            Charley Burley
            Sandy Saddler
            Holman Williams
            Gene Tunney

Post up your lists!
            Why did this list even make it to Sticky? Everyone on here has a list. Is this one considered special?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slugfester View Post

Why did this list even make it to Sticky? Everyone on here has a list. Is this one considered special?
              The thread is stickied, not the list. All are welcome to post there top20 p4p lists. Im imagining there was an influx of threads on this very topic until finally one of the mods said we're gonna just sticky this thread and post your lists here. Plus, GhostofDempsey is a very good poster even if we dont always agree.
              mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

No Ali or Monzon?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The thread is stickied, not the list. All are welcome to post there top20 p4p lists. Im imagining there was an influx of threads on this very topic until finally one of the mods said we're gonna just sticky this thread and post your lists here. Plus, GhostofDempsey is a very good poster even if we dont always agree.
                  Thanks. I didn't know any of that. So where does one publish his list of the same thing? In this same thread? You mean you get stickied by posting a thread in Sticky? I guess I still don't get it. How do you get a thread stickied?

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know any of that. So where does one publish his list of the same thing? In this same thread? You mean you get stickied by posting a thread in Sticky? I guess I still don't get it. How do you get a thread stickied?
                    Getting a thread stickied depends on its popularity. It's up to the mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Getting a thread stickied depends on its popularity. It's up to the mods.
                      That is what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X