Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs 90's George Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury is too tall and too slick for Big George. George would be outpunched 10-1 and lose by a clear decision.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Real easy for me...

Sonny-9 years to first title-best three fights in the leadup by YOU!

1960 Machen- 34-2-1(Best fighter prior to Sonny was 58 Folley-draw, and 60 Folley-loss UD.)

1960 Folley 50-3-2(Best fighter prior to Sonny was 58 Machen-draw, and 60 Machen-win UD.

1959-60 Williams-45-2, 45-3 (Best fighter prior to Sonny was Bob Satterfield who KOed Cleve)

Easy work so far, but a bit inbred, like the 50s post Rocky were weakened severely as usually happens when a true great retires.

Wlad 1996 Gold Superheavy Olympic Medalist-4 years to first title-best fights in the leadup by ME!

1999 Axel Schulz 26-3-1 (Best fighter prior to Wlad was The Champ, George Foreman-controversial MD loss. Wlad the only fighter to ever KO Schultz.

2000 Paei Wolfgram 18-1-0 and 96 Silver Superheavy Olympic Medalist (Best fighter prior to Wlad was former title contender Jorge Luis Gonzalez-a MD win. Wlad the first fighter to KO Wolfgram.

2000 Monte Barrett 23-1 (Best fighter prior to Wlad was Lance Whitaker-a SD loss. Wlad the first fighter to ever KO Barrett.

Wlad easily KOs Sonny's best, but not a given Sonny could KO Wlad's comp given the size and credentials of the modern superheavies over the teensy 50s heavies.

And what was Sonny doing 4 years in his career? Well, in 1956 he avenges his sole loss to little Monte Marshall before, ahem, disappearing for his 4th year in 1957.

Folks, I don't make this stuff up...only in boxing!

I don't always disagree with you queen. But I think Sonny's list is a lot better than Wlads. Come on Barret is a straight up bum. Alex shultz is decent and underrated. But Def not better than Folley.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        I don't always disagree with you queen. But I think Sonny's list is a lot better than Wlads. Come on Barret is a straight up bum. Alex shultz is decent and underrated. But Def not better than Folley.
        - -We all have a right to our opinion, but I like to think mine are more based on science than opinion, ie: Barrett and Schultz not considered big men, but they were much bigger and more powerful than Folley and Machen and pretty fair boxers in their own right.

Comment

Is this a joke? Fury is the finest pure boxer the heavyweight division has ever seen? The competition is probably at its weakest of all time in the history of the sport. Yeah Foreman lost to Morrison but that Morrison would have knocked Fury out. Don't pretend that Wilder is better than a prime Morrison.

I don't think you realize how low level these heavyweights are. Wlad was never good, but he stuck around long enough fighting garbage competition that it somehow now holds merit when someone beats the 40 year old version on him.

The Holyfield that Fought foreman would have knocked Wlad and Fury out in the same night.
          Not a fighter in history who can beat Fury honestly. No one has his combination of size, skill, IQ, and heavy hands. Sweet Pea in Goliaths body. He would take Foremans face off with his jab from southpaw and counter him and send him into the ropes with check hooks and uppercuts. Foreman would be a bloody mess.
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

I change my answer. Fury by KO. And 90s Foreman doesn't last long. Neither does a prime Foreman. But this would be over fast.

At least after Ali he still had a career. I doubt he is that lucky shet getting raped by Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
              Fury is too tall and too slick for Big George. George would be outpunched 10-1 and lose by a clear decision.
              This is how I felt before. But seeing Fury brutalize Wlder, i'm sure he'd take that route against the likes imposing Fireman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                Let's see your scorecard.

Seriously, you run your mouth all the time. Let's see you step up and substatiate that filth your spew.

I remember that fight. George exceeded expectations and many of Holyfield's other opponents. But he definitely didn't emasculate Holyfied... he was too busy getting his ass kicked.

- -Big George even got U candies singing soprano in the boys choir, priceless!

The premise is cartoonish as most here polluting the history forum.

Comment

I think a big part of the fight's outcome hinges on just how much "respect" Fury decides to pay Foreman. Tommy Morrison was able to win against Foreman sticking to a strategy that Fury should have little trouble emulating. It would be a likely boring go, but a likely win if he were to go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
                    I think a big part of the fight's outcome hinges on just how much "respect" Fury decides to pay Foreman. Tommy Morrison was able to win against Foreman sticking to a strategy that Fury should have little trouble emulating. It would be a likely boring go, but a likely win if he were to go that way.
                    Fury is big and has some slickness, but it's important to take into account the competition he's up against. Wlads era all through now has been very low level. I understand the hype of Fury beating Wilder, but Wilder is a media created bum, he has no boxing ability at all.

Now Fury took a UD off Wlad, who was old and not really that great to begin with. It puts a picture frame around where to rate Furys ability. He's certainly better than the heavyweights today, but even that reference to Tommy Morrison isn't proving much. Morrison was better than anyone fighting today.

Believe me if Brewster could cold clock Wlad, Morrison would do so just as easily.

Comment

Fury is big

Believe me if Brewster could cold clock Wlad, Morrison would do so just as easily.
                      - -And U is dum.

Brewster barely touched Wlad, by Roy was screaming at the ref to stop the fight in the 3rd to save him from the beating Wlad was administering.

All betting had been suspended the week before in advance of the fix.

What grade was U in then?

Comment

Working...
                      X