No announcement yet.

Joe Louis Runs the Gauntlet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Neither of the comical Klits belongs on any kind of ATG list. Put simply for the simpletons I see engaging here, the Klit boys were not good enough. Vlad could win a poll, though, for the least fighting instinct of any champ.
    - -Yeah, we get that you could stink a polecat outta his lair.

Comment

If Kofi Kingston can win his gauntlet match like he just did on Smackdown and like The New Day just did, then Joe Louis most assuredly could win his as well. Unless one of them pulls some kind of shenanigans and fouls him with a hidden weapon of deliberately cuts him.

Comment

he likely beats them all tbh. Holmes and Foreman obv have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Neither of the comical Klits belongs on any kind of ATG list. Put simply for the simpletons I see engaging here, the Klit boys were not good enough. Vlad could win a poll, though, for the least fighting instinct of any champ.
          Well thanks for letting us know who rides the short-bus to school.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            he likely beats them all tbh. Holmes and Foreman obv have a chance
            LOL, so Holmes can do it, but fury can't!?

foreman is more intense out of the stall, but Vitali is the more refined product. I just don't see Louis winning that shoot-out; even if he hurts Vitali early.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
              I never get why people consider Holmes to be a big guy, he really wasn't apart from the reach, to an extent. Size-wise he was basically a lighter Max Baer.

Since the gauntlet order is completely subjective-

RJJ- KO1 Louis. Louis has the handspeed to catch RJJ.
              Byrd- TKO3 Louis. Byrd's willpower keeps him up longer than he should have stayed up.
              Usyk- MD Louis. Louis is just a little busier.
              Tunney- KO15 Louis after being down on the cards. Tunney's technical skill allows him to outbox Joe but he gets him in the end.
              Dempsey- KO15 Dempsey. Dempsey's 1 inch reach advantage means he hits Louis before he gets hit when they both punch at the same time in the last round. They were equal on the cards until then. It'll look like 5:50 onwards in this fight- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J65SvtoHTM
              Foreman- Draw, both end up in hospital.
              Holmes- Louis SD. The brown bomber wins by scoring a lot of knockdowns.
              Klitschko- Louis razor sharp UD, Vitali is hurt but not stopped due to his iron chin.
              Fury- TKO10 Louis, Fury still wants to keep on fighting but the referee and his corner will have none of it.
              What did Tommy Farr have that Dempsey didn't? And Galento?

How does tunney make it to the final round, but Tyson fury gets blown out? Would you pick Duran to blow-out Louis? Looking at the film, I think duran could shytt on Louis' mother, and Louis still wouldn't have the fire to last the distance w/ Duran.... then I remember that Louis is twice Duran's size. Just like Fury is twice Tunney's size, and better at keeping on the defense.

Comment

Wasn't there a story about George Foreman supposedly beating 3 guys in the same day, speaking of gauntlets?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Wasn't there a story about George Foreman supposedly beating 3 guys in the same day, speaking of gauntlets?
                  Kinky.

Jenna Jameson, eat yourheart out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    - -It was 5, most by KO in a Canadian exhibition promoting his rematch with Ali.

Cosell and abc covered it and Ali was there in a typical hysteric fit as both he and Cosell soiled themselves on public tv.

Underrated theater!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                      What did Tommy Farr have that Dempsey didn't? And Galento?
                      I don't know what you are trying to say with that.

Also, Tunney will last to the final bell by keeping distance. And I said Fury will finish on his feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X