No announcement yet.

Why Do People Think Naseem was "Special?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Think Naseem was "Special?"

Why did Hamed lose this fight, and why did Barrera just beat the **** out of him and dominate? Hamed was watching tapes of Junior Jones beating Barrera and clearly was not preparing for the same fighter that Barrera would be the night of their fight. Big mistake, plus he didn't listen to Manny Stewerd. Naseem is INCREDIBLY overrated as a result of this loss and his immediate retirement. What am I missing, why is this guy held in such high regards in England, just because he's from England or British? Seems like bull**** to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXJ8xeckNM

And yeah, I've seen all Hameds big knockouts before he fought Barrera...wasn't anything unbelievable or worth being in the HoF for. He had some guts and power, but wasn't a real "champion" who wanted to be the greatest. He was just a Muslim trolling the rest of the world with his platform.

Comment

Dude was nice.. skilled fighter great showman

Comment

He was a very special fighter!

Of all the fighters in history, and that I have been privaleged to watch... No fighter that I can think of, looked better taking an @33 whipping than Naseem and Broner.

It is like when God crafted their faces, he made a spot for a fist to fit...and he made facial expressions that excited one at the prospect of making that fist fit. And then to watch it unfold... Even the ending, with an obviously broken Naseem and a mentally unhinged Broner with his big head and out of proportion trunk, being cradled like a mental patient....

Comment

If it wasn’t for politics he would have unified all 4 belts, which as we know is very difficult.

I don’t think he should get in the Hall, but he was an extremely good fighter. Not perfect obviously, Barrera proved that if it needed proving, but extremely good.

Comment

Named was a good fighter but like most boxing people, I just can't get around the fact that the first time he faced a skilled fighter in his prime he lost and lost badly.

Comment

--- To be Fair, Naseem had gotten bigger than boxing with the expected fall from grace.

As far as the HOF, once they let in Big Dummy Bowe, they opened the floodgates.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                Why did Hamed lose this fight, and why did Barrera just beat the **** out of him and dominate? Hamed was watching tapes of Junior Jones beating Barrera and clearly was not preparing for the same fighter that Barrera would be the night of their fight. Big mistake, plus he didn't listen to Manny Stewerd. Naseem is INCREDIBLY overrated as a result of this loss and his immediate retirement. What am I missing, why is this guy held in such high regards in England, just because he's from England or British? Seems like bull**** to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXJ8xeckNM
                +

One loss to an ATG doesn't make you grossly overrated.. Like you said this fight was full of mistakes by Hamed. Why was he held in high regard???.. One reason is power. The man had huge power..
                Last edited by TonyGe; 02-12-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

And probably also because he had a long unbeaten streak before he lost. I never liked that guy though, like Tony Montana said. And Marco Antonio Barrera pretty much took him out of boxing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    And probably also because he had a long unbeaten streak before he lost. I never liked that guy though, like Tony Montana said. And Marco Antonio Barrera pretty much took him out of boxing for us.
                    Very weird how he just got up and left after one defeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X