No announcement yet.

How good was Donald Curry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    TBear, I had quadrillions of points. They disappeared. What happened to them? I need them back.
    The points were reset for everybody on the site. To quote John Lennon, "It's like starting over".

Comment

I can see they were reset. Why? No one tried to do it. It was someone's technical fück up. You apparently have a bum programmer.

Please state why anyone should now give a píss about your phony points system, unless the house plans to reinstate the stolen points. I would advise everyone not to ever touch the so-called points system of this house again. In fact, why come here at all. There are plenty of other sites. The only thing special I have ever noticed about this site is they like to award points and then steal them back. Just the kind of joint people are scrambling to hang out in, eh?

Comment

He was a legit contender for the best pound per pound fighting. Tremedous boxing ability, though was probably lucky to catch Milton McCrory at the time he did.

Comment

And now good enough to finally be a Hall of Famer.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            And now good enough to finally be a Hall of Famer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              I can see they were reset. Why? No one tried to do it. It was someone's technical fück up. You apparently have a bum programmer.

Please state why anyone should now give a píss about your phony points system, unless the house plans to reinstate the stolen points. I would advise everyone not to ever touch the so-called points system of this house again. In fact, why come here at all. There are plenty of other sites. The only thing special I have ever noticed about this site is they like to award points and then steal them back. Just the kind of joint people are scrambling to hang out in, eh?
              Inflation....Each point new is worth 12 old points. New point currency. It was becoming untenable to buy a charm for 100,000.0000,000 points. It was as bad as Germany during the recession that started the great war!

Didn't I give you all of mine before? I don't use em your welcome to them...they also never raise my rep power. I can't imagine how some people have such high reps, some real jackwads at that! I have been on my present level forever.

Comment

I thought Curry was a great technician and his downfall just puzzled me. I have heard it said that coccaine ? may have been a contributing factor to his downfall ? I can remember when there was talk of matching him up with Hagler at middleweight but always thought Curry's body type would not have been effective at 160 lbs.Marvin would have walked through him IMO. I think welterweight was the only weight for him. I know he snagged a Junior Middleweight title from a weak champion but by then the excellent Curry we saw at welterweight was long gone. I think Curry was excellent for a short time and am to this day baffled at his downfall.

Comment

he was incredible at his peak. very skilled, smart, fast and powerful.

i think it was probably a mental thing that led to his decline. it was like after he got stopped by mccallum he settled for making good money, but didnt have that deep urge to be the very best.

for whatever reason he wasnt the same, and it wasnt just a question of punch resistance. you could see it in his body language and even his eyes at certain times.

real shame, he was one of those guys who were just beautiful to watch, true craftsman.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Inflation....Each point new is worth 12 old points. New point currency. It was becoming untenable to buy a charm for 100,000.0000,000 points. It was as bad as Germany during the recession that started the great war!

Didn't I give you all of mine before? I don't use em your welcome to them...they also never raise my rep power. I can't imagine how some people have such high reps, some real jackwads at that! I have been on my present level forever.
                    Why, I would not have anything to do with a point on here again. I advise the same for anyone, unless you enjoy having the government at their whim step in and confiscate everything you own. I earned my massive points the hard way--with quicksilver-speak and knowledge. Now I have nothing. Friends do not come around anymore. News travels fast, everyone knows I'm bust now.

I could put some management on this place all right, some real management. I'll manage 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                      He was a legit contender for the best pound per pound fighting. Tremedous boxing ability, though was probably lucky to catch Milton McCrory at the time he did.
                      Lucky to catch McCrory when he did? Please explain..........

Comment

Working...
                      X