Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Hagler. I don't score rounds for Leonard where he does nothing for 2:30 and then steals a round with pitty-pat flurries for the last 30 seconds.
    have you actually watched the 1st 4 rounds , round 6 , 10 and 11...leonard won the whole round and clearly won the rounds and it was not just 30 seconds a round thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
      Terrell was a brave, classy man. I don't at all relish in Ali's victory. But it was an impressive one.

Still... Terrell was very static. Big and strong, but exactly the person Ali SHOULD look great against.
      I don't know about classy. Ali had legally changed his name. And everyone should have then called him by his name.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        have you actually watched the 1st 4 rounds , round 6 , 10 and 11...leonard won the whole round and clearly won the rounds and it was not just 30 seconds a round thats for sure
        I had it also for SRL by at least 2 rds. Hagler's punches didn't have the speed and power that they previously had. Sort of like Kovalev now, except Kov also has lost his punch resistance.

Leonard's flurries while they did not hurt Hagler, stopped him in his tracks, followed by the usual dance away. Clear win from me.
        Hagler's look when fight ended shows at some level he knew he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
          I don't know about classy. Ali had legally changed his name. And everyone should have then called him by his name.
          Ali was feigning offense. It was vanity. My family was Muslim. It's the religion that initiated slavery of sub saharan blacks. I dunno if Terrel knew that exactly. But he knew Ali was being an ass clown. Ali didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot.

BTW, did Allah or Muhammad ever come by and wipe ali's ass when dementia hit, and he was wearing diapers?
          Last edited by Zmerai Khan; 11-28-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            I thought Hagler won
            I’m all in... sugar gay.. Leonardo. ... hearns too.. haggler is the man.

No ****.... he is my top ten... greatest... SRR,Ali admitted SRR was the best... ever...

Comment

I admit that it's been some time since I last watched it, but when I did I was comfortable with the result. Hagler wasn't prepared and didn't have the right mindset for the fight, which is something that you can see evidence of to this day with how bitter he is about the fight. Yes, Leonard added a lot of flash and showboating to wow the crowd and the judges, and stole rounds with flurries, but then Hagler wasn't really impressive or effective-looking during the fight even when he was the one on top. Maybe I need to rewatch it, because most people in the thread here think it was closer than I did, but I doubt I'll be changing my mind about who the winner was.

Comment

I've watched that fight about 20 times, and I've always had it for Leonard.

Comment

Too bad they never did a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Too bad they never did a rematch.
                    Leonard ducked Hagler afterwards and never allowed it to happen, like he originally did for the first fight, until he was sure he had a good chance to win.

Comment

--- Like Dempsey getting robbed in the 2nd Tunney fight, Haglar came away with more fans than he started with, so Marv lost a popcorn skirmish with a fake bubblepop star, but won the war with the fans.

Post ray career after this was an orchestrated cash grab of his adoring fans, nothing more, hence his dick of the rematch...shameless!

Comment

Working...
                      X