Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s probably the fight that I’ve watched in full the most times, and I cannot give it to Hagler and for me, he has no one to blame but himself. Staying orthodox even though he was ineffective was a big mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      It’s probably the fight that I’ve watched in full the most times, and I cannot give it to Hagler and for me, he has no one to blame but himself. Staying orthodox even though he was ineffective was a big mistake.
      Gotta love the gif you posted of Ali vs Terrell [it looks like].
      I noticed a remarkable thing. Ali moves his head back or to the side the minimal distance to avoid the punches, including jabs. No wasted extra distance on his head movements as if he's got radar and a fast computer. Amazing man and boxer.

Comment

BOOM, this right here sums it up best for me. Plus Leonard waited until Hagler slowed down just enough for him to finally take this fight and even then, it was still close.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
          Gotta love the gif you posted of Ali vs Terrell [it looks like].
          I noticed a remarkable thing. Ali moves his head back or to the side the minimal distance to avoid the punches, including jabs. No wasted extra distance on his head movements as if he's got radar and a fast computer. Amazing man and boxer.
          Thx man. It’s from the Cleveland Williams fight btw.

Comment

Thank you.
            Arguably the greatest HW performance of all time, if not greatest boxing performance of all time.
            They make a big thing of SRR landing a punch while backpedaling.
            Ali landed a 1-2 while backpedaling and KDed Williams from that.
            Nonpareil.

BTW, please look closely, it looks more like Terrell than Williams to me. Note the physique, face differences, tc.
            Last edited by johnbook; 11-28-2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Thx man. It’s from the Cleveland Williams fight btw.
              I checked and it is definitely Terrell not Williams.
              You can see that gif in the highlights of the Terrell fight here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipxjS7Xi9hM

Williams wore black trunks in his fight with Ali.

It's all good.

Comment

It's all good.
                Well spotted. In my mind I always had it as the Williams fight, but you are absolutely correct and yeah. Trunks and hair makes it easy to see the difference.

Comment

Leonard won convincingly.

People let personal biases cloud their opinion too much on this one.

Comment

It's all good.

Terrell was a brave, classy man. I don't at all relish in Ali's victory. But it was an impressive one.

Still... Terrell was very static. Big and strong, but exactly the person Ali SHOULD look great against.

Comment

Boxing is boxing and leonard outboxed him....the 1st 4 rounds for leonard easily then hagler took the 5th leonard then came back and won the 6th and even traded with hagler evenly, hagler then took 7,8 and razor this 9th round , leonard then came back and won rounds 10 and dominated hagler in the 11th and 12 was pretty even.
                      People seem to forget leonard was a full 2 weight divisons below hagler and yet they expect him to slug it out with with a rock hard middleweight and not use his superior boxing skill...i scored it 7-4 to leonard and at best hagler had 5 rounds.
                      No way in hell did hagler win this fight on a 10 point must system and if judge round at a time leonard won his rounds a lot clearer than hagler and he also won more in total....even the the 5th round he was winning the 1st 2 minutes of that round before he got careless and decided to trade with hagler.
                      Leonard broke haglers soul in the 11th round and from then on there was only one winner.
                      Ive seen this fight over a 100 times reckon and each time i see leonard winning it.
                      Hagler knew he lost and yiou can here his trainers begging with hagler at the start of the 12th.
                      There is a lot riding on this .....bring out the monster ...do it for bertha man do it for goody...don't stop untill he is down.
                      He was a beaten man

Comment

Working...
                      X