No announcement yet.

Experts say Louis would've beaten Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Holmes was a different fighter. Great jab and better defense. Ali fought with hands at his sides and moved straight backwards. He was open to left hooks. Tyson was a faster and stronger version of Frazier.
    He wasn't as good as Ali. The way you describe Ali isn't even a negative, it was his unorthodox methods that only he could turn effective. Holmes had trouble with worse fighters than the ones Ali beat, and Holmes never beat fighters that were as good as Ali's opponents. Sure Tyson was faster than Frazier(not stronger btw, Tyson was extremely physically weak in the grappling department) but his head movement and combinations lasted for about 5-7 rounds, then it became too taxing for his massive mucles and then his activity, will power and even punching power decreased. Frazier was a monster for 15 full rounds.

It's getting a bit off-topic, I'll just say that all the guys I mentioned would beat Louis in H2H matchups.

Comment

Holmes was a great fighter but he was no Ali. Ali was much quicker of both hands and feet, much better combination puncher, much better left hook, better faster more fluid with his lateral movement. Holmes started off as an Ali wannabe like many boxers during that time.

Comment

Tyson would KO Holmes. Holmes always dropped that jab and did not have the skill to avoid the Tyson right.

Ali always kos Tyson. Ali had the speed skill and athleticism to avoid Tysons blows and cut him to pieces in the process. By round three Tyson knows he is beaten and it's a blow out from there.

Comment

I find Ali to be overrated. He got gifts versus Doug Jones, Norton, Young, Shavers and Chuvalo II. Fixed wins over Liston. He was often the much larger man in the ring and depended too much on reflexes. Technically he did a lot of things wrong, mistakes that Tyson would have capitalized on. Given the trouble he had with Frazier, a stronger and faster Tyson would have gotten to him.

Comment

I have no doubt a prime Tyson’s stops louis within a few rounds.

Joe doesn’t have the size or defense or chin to survive mike’s early barrage.

It just a horrible style matchup for Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I have no doubt a prime Tyson’s stops louis within a few rounds.

Joe doesn’t have the size or defense or chin to survive mike’s early barrage.

It just a horrible style matchup for Louis
              Well Louis was as big as an early 90's Holyfield. Holyfield and Tyson were supposed to fight in 1991 and Holyfield would have been the same size as Louis. So size I don't think, would've been an issue.

Chin, I don't know. Louis could recover and fight while hurt, even though he could be floored, but not hurt readily. Like when he was floored by Galento or Buddy Baer, it's not like he was seeing stars, he got up and fought harder. And demolished them in brutal fashion. To stop Louis, you had to bring the house down on him.

Tyson was wobbled by Bruno in the first round, so you can say that if Bruno wobbled him, Louis would've stopped Tyson in 1 round.

Comment

--- Translation:

Ignore how many times Louis was wobbled and knocked down is it?

Comment

Ali is overrated? Are you 15?

Ali IS rated by just about everyone are top TWO greatest hwt ever. Mostly he is rated as the best.

There is no evidence whatsoever that either bout with Liston was fixed...none. To claim this you lose credibility immediately.

Ali beat Chuvalo to a pulp TWICE. Just because a few people claim Chuvalo beat Ali is not justification to call a bout a gift decision.

There was no controversy regarding Alis win over Shavers. Pretty clear 9-6 win for Ali. Shavers planned to conserve himself until the last 3-4 rounds THEN go all out for the KO. Unfortunately you can't fight that type strategy, not get the KO and expect to win on points.

Comment

Louis' jab and close quarter fighting ability is all wrong for Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                      Louis' jab and close quarter fighting ability is all wrong for Tyson.
                      I agree and I'll add that Louis' uppercut would do to Mike what Douglas' did and then some.

Comment

Working...
                      X