Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trick question regarding boxing and genetics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side eddies in genetics like epigenetics allow each "race," to overreach itself in unique ways.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Side eddies in genetics like epigenetics allow each "race," to overreach itself in unique ways.
      What gene controls intelligence? What is intelligence? Is a Wolf more intelligent than a dog because it is in the wild and can survive? Or is a dog more intelligent than a wolf because it can hitch its ship to the apex predator in this world and through selective breeding produce an animal like a German Shephard, capable of doing more than most humans, beloved as a family member and protected.

Is a species more intelligent because it is more human like? Apes have sociopathology, they kill for antisocial reasons, they can even use tools and love meat...does this make Apes more intelligent than Dolphins for example? who have learned to stay away from human beings?

These are some of the questions I always consider when talking about IQ and race. For example: What is it about being Oriental that makes one smarter...if we assume IQ measurement is accurate? Is it school systems that emphasize certain skill sets? these school systems are not oriental in any fashion, they are schools designed to emphasize certain skills.

It was recently discovered by people who analyze employable skill sets that there was a crisis in India and China: People were very capable of retaining, regurgetating information, but there was a lack of creativity. The top students could do well on standerdized tests but could not think originally to save their lives. Even in Japan with its rigid employment structure from birth to death.. innovation comes slowly as anything that is different is percieved as a threat: Young children when drawing something are encouraged to draw exactly what is in front of them and castigated for adding any touches, or any deviation.

So again we must ask: what is intelligence? What about men likd Sonny Liston...men who could not read and write but could improvise in the ring under extreme conditions? Or kids in my neighborhood who could memorize numbers played so that police had nothing on them when they were shook down? These kids would memorize sometimes hundreds of these numbers!
      And as I am fond of saying, the stupidest Puerto Rican in my old hood was bilingual.

just a few things to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Is a species more intelligent because it is more human like? Apes have sociopathology, they kill for antisocial reasons, they can even use tools and love meat...does this make Apes more intelligent than Dolphins for example? who have learned to stay away from human beings?
        Not to go too off topic, but I believe Dolphins are the only specials that actually have their own language outside of humans.

Comment

In the right environment a white man will absorb up to 27 languages simultaneously, I've heard tell.

East injuns with an average IQ roughly equivalent to American Negroes, produced Ramanujan, one of the greatest natural mathematical talents of all time.

At the Vatican, tough, smart, determined abstainers reside. If they bred, they would produce many champions. They have too much discipline. Steal their sperm while they sleep and artificially inseminate some gals, and wait for the champions to arrive, tough as eunuchs.

No offense to any eunuchs.
          Last edited by The Old LefHook; 03-05-2018, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Ok before I give an answer and show how silly the idea that race itself predisposes one to boxing talent, I want to give people on the board a question. Answer this question please and give your reason why. Hint, there is a right answer.

You want to find the country that, if there were no social factors involved, would produce the most prospects to become the greatest boxing champions. What country would this be and why? Remember, starting from scratch, tomorrow, no predispositions, pretend nobody knows wht boxing is yet.

What country and why?
            Mongolia, because they naturally love to fight!

Comment

In the right environment a white man will absorb up to 27 languages simultaneously, I've heard tell.

East injuns with an average IQ roughly equivalent to American Negroes, produced Ramanujan, one of the greatest natural mathematical talents of all time.

At the Vatican, tough, smart, determined abstainers reside. If they bred, they would produce many champions. They have too much discipline. Steal their sperm while they sleep and artificially inseminate some gals, and wait for the champions to arrive, tough as eunuchs.

Thats it buddy to the dome for every Unuch named chuck... and Harry toooo

Comment

You know a fair bit about boxing history and quite clearly, a gnarled up old racist too

Do something different for a change

Comment

You are clearly an instigator, Magoo. I don't know how I am a racist when I have two or three black 'uns in my top 5 and my favorite actor is a negro. My favorite tap dancer is a negro as well. Waffles? We won't even go there! You racist buggerer.
                  Last edited by The Old LefHook; 03-06-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

You are clearly an instigator, Magoo. I don't know how I am a racist when I have two or three black 'uns in my top 5 and my favorite actor is a negro. My favorite tap dancer is a negro as well. Waffles? We won't even go there! You racist buggerer.
                    Yeah thought i'd heard of you

Comment

I will answer. I am not intimidated.

People have probably overlooked the fact that the Vatican is a country. And of course that is the answer. Trick question, of course. But the reason is perfectly clear once you think about it. The Vatican would produce more aficionados of the fist than any country on earth, except for the social factor that snooty popes continue to frown on boxing. It appears the popes are more concerned with the image of the church than the happiness of its priests. I say to the pope in his tall cone hat:

Let your priests box. You are making them miserable.
                      \
                      Next question!
                      without a doubt. they'd clean out the divisions because they're celibate. the Gita says that's the secret to real power.

Comment

Working...
                      X