No announcement yet.

Fights That Went Completely The Other Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    It's just a shame McMahon never challenged the Klit bros.
    Vitali and Wladimir vs Undertaker and Kane at Wrestlemania would have been money.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Vitali and Wladimir vs Undertaker and Kane at Wrestlemania would have been money.
      hahaha that would have been crazy!

Comment

Holyfield v Tyson 1

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          You forget when Buster Douglas knocked out Randy Savage
          Oh yeah I remember that. I think that was at Summerslam. I heard that was when Tyson was originally going to work for WWF, but they brought in Douglas after he beat Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            This is accurate, you definitely know your stuff. But I don't think Dr. Death was injured, he was legitimately knocked out by Bart Gunn. Dr. Death was the favorite to win and he was going work a main event program with Stone Cold afterwards. But he got knocked out so his tough guy image was gone, so they let him go.

And WWF could have made a big star out of Bart Gunn if they didn't put him in there against Butterbean.

Brawl for all was just a big waste. No pay off, just a bunch of injuries. One of Vince Russo's "brilliant" ideas.
            Yeah. Bruce Pritchard, who played Brother Love on camera and worked behind the scenes with Vince McMahon for about 20 years, did a whole show about this on one of his podcasts.

Comment

And in that case, Bart Gunn vs. Steve Williams. Williams was the favorite in that tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Oh yeah I remember that. I think that was at Summerslam. I heard that was when Tyson was originally going to work for WWF, but they brought in Douglas after he beat Tyson.
                No, Saturday Night Main Event. Tyson was booked, they had no idea who Buster Douglas even was and had to change around everything at the last minute after Tyson lost.

Comment

Pacquiao-De La Hoya - At that point Manny had only beaten Morales and Berrera and I foolishly thought De La Hoya would be too big for him. I guess I was also unaware that De La Hoya was, by that point, so far gone. But at the time I was shocked by Pacquiao's dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                    Pacquiao-De La Hoya - At that point Manny had only beaten Morales and Berrera and I foolishly thought De La Hoya would be too big for him. I guess I was also unaware that De La Hoya was, by that point, so far gone. But at the time I was shocked by Pacquiao's dominance.
                    Nothing foolish about your pick, I think everyone thought it was a mismatch when the fight was made. Even the WBC were protesting to the Vegas commission to get the fight stopped because they thought Pacquiao would get killed.

Comment

Gerald McClellan-Nigel Benn

Comment

Working...
                      X