No announcement yet.

There Goes Two: Marciano vs Moore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff as usual.

This is perhaps the best gif. How could Moore throw that 1-2 and how did Marciano take it?

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
      Did you not read anything I wrote?

Rocky fought who there was to fight at the time. Moore was on a 20 fight win streak at the time and was the clear number one contender.

Floyd Patterson had lost to Joey Maxim in 1954. Rocky had beaten both Charles and Walcott.

Name me a heavyweight who had done more to earn a title shot at that point than Archie Moore. Hell name me a heavyweight who was a better fighter in 1955 than Archie Moore.

Rocky was a man of his own time. You can't blame Rocky for dominating in a weak period of heavyweight history the same way I can't really blame Wlad for doing the same.
      Rocky fought who there was at the time, when they were at their weakest.

Why didn't he fight Patterson?

Ezzard Charles was a blown up middleweight that was on a losing streak to scrubs by the time he got to Rocky. Its very reasonable to say he was well past his prime and most notably retired a few years later.

Walcott was shot and at the end of his career. Marciano was his last two fights.

Why didn't he fight Louis when Joe had something instead of waiting until he was completely shot?

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      A bum is a fighter who has a sub par performance. Unwillingness
      physically out of shape, throws a fight!
      Marciano is furthest thing from a "bum"! Learn the boxing terminology before you speak it, bum!

Calling Marciano a bum is the dumbest crap I've read on here. If you think the guy can't fight just say that but to use the term bum when you don't know the meaning just makes this place
      a nursery for the "fanboy boy" mentality.
      I know what a bum is, you obviously don't. A bum is a ****ty fighter and Marciano was a ****ty fighter. Never fought anybody but bums and any real names were at the end of the road.

Rocky wasn't even pro for 10 years lmao --- bum! Retired when he was 32 when it got too hot in the kitchen like a b1tch. He's lucky cuz if Sonny would have gotten hold of him.
      Last edited by McNulty; 07-24-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        Rocky fought who there was at the time, when they were at their weakest.

Why didn't he fight Patterson?

Ezzard Charles was a blown up middleweight that was on a losing streak to scrubs by the time he got to Rocky. Its very reasonable to say he was well past his prime and most notably retired a few years later.

Walcott was shot and at the end of his career. Marciano was his last two fights.

Why didn't he fight Louis when Joe had something instead of waiting until he was completely shot?

I know what a bum is, you obviously don't. A bum is a ****ty fighter and Marciano was a ****ty fighter. Never fought anybody but bums and any real names were at the end of the road.

Rocky wasn't even pro for 10 years lmao --- bum! Retired when he was 32 when it got too hot in the kitchen like a b1tch. He's lucky cuz if Sonny would have gotten hold of him.
        Liston got his jaw broke and lost to Marty Marshal, a 175 /180 pounder at that time but hes going to fight Marciano ?

Liston wasnt even in his prime in 54 . The only fight that interested Marciano out of retirement was Patterson and he was unmotivated to train and aged terribly just look at him in the 60's .

If Louis wanted Marciano earlier thats on him and self admitted he would have lost to Marciano always bc of his pressure crowding style !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-24-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Liston got his jaw broke and lost to Marty Marshal, a 175 pounder at that time but hes going to fight Marciano ?

Liston wasnt even in his prime in 54 . The only fight that interested Marciano out of retirement was Patterson and he was unmotivated to train and aged terribly just look at him in the 60's .

If Louis wanted Marciano earlier thats on him and self admitted he would have lost to Marciano always bc of his pressure crowding style !
          Originally posted by Sonny Liston
          “He was hollerin’ and going on and I knocked him down,” Liston recalled. “He got up and I was laughing. He caught me with my mouth open and broke my jaw – least I thought it was broke. If you can’t close your mouth, you know something’s wrong."
          Sonny knocked Marshal out 7 months later. Maybe the SD a bad call?

Louis was shot dude, come on now. He looked like he was 100 years old in pre-fight stuff.

Comment

Sonny knocked Marshal out 7 months later. Maybe the SD a bad call?

Louis was shot dude, come on now. He looked like he was 100 years old in pre-fight stuff.
            Did Louis look shot when Galento dropped him...5'9 sloppy Galento ? Style wise the fight favors Marciano ,not bc hes more skilled (he wasnt ,he didnt even have a jab )but Louis own flaws vs Marciano strengths tell me what Louis knew and that was a favorable match up for Marciano to win more than lose .

It doesnt matter what Liston did after Marciano retired ,you said Marciano never fought Liston and thats why ,you cant make up your own time line , i even think Marciano was in attendance when he lost ?

You also cant be a bum if you are THE dominant fighter in YOUR era .....thats like putting say a Mike Tyson back in time to prove all other era fighters were inferior ! It doesnt work that way .

Comment

Did Louis look shot when Galento dropped him...5'9 sloppy Galento ? Style wise the fight favors Marciano ,not bc hes more skilled (he wasnt ,he didnt even have a jab )but Louis own flaws vs Marciano strengths tell me what Louis knew and that was a favorable match up for Marciano to win more than lose .

It doesnt matter what Liston did after Marciano retired ,you said Marciano never fought Liston and thats why ,you cant make up your own time line , i even think Marciano was in attendance when he lost ?

You also cant be a bum if you are THE dominant fighter in YOUR era .....thats like putting say a Mike Tyson back in time to prove all other era fighters were inferior ! It doesnt work that way .
              Flash knockdown, who gives a fcuk? Hard to say really cuz the film never showed the fighters feet, who knows what really happened.

What I said was ---

"Retired when he was 32 when it got too hot in the kitchen like a b1tch. He's lucky cuz if Sonny would have gotten hold of him."

The dominant fighter that never fought anybody, sure whatever you say!

Comment

Flash knockdown, who gives a fcuk? Hard to say really cuz the film never showed the fighters feet, who knows what really happened.

What I said was ---

"Retired when he was 32 when it got too hot in the kitchen like a b1tch. He's lucky cuz if Sonny would have gotten hold of him."

The dominant fighter that never fought anybody, sure whatever you say!
                Its not what i say its what was ,and its called boxing IQ really something you will never have alot of but dont worry your far from alone on this forum !

P.S 32 was old in the 50's and with Marciano style ,just more useless info you wont compute into your head ...lol

Comment

Its not what i say its what was ,and its called boxing IQ really something you will never have alot of but dont worry your far from alone on this forum !

P.S 32 was old in the 50's and with Marciano style ,just more useless info you wont compute into your head ...lol
                  You completely ignored everything I said and debated none of it, how original!

32 was old eh? Tell that to Archie Moore who apparently was a legitimate opponent, or wasn't he?

Your Boxing IQ"peeleft:

Comment

You completely ignored everything I said and debated none of it, how original!

32 was old eh? Tell that to Archie Moore who apparently was a legitimate opponent, or wasn't he?

Your Boxing IQ"peeleft:
                    You think Marciano should have fought 12 and 1 Liston and Patterson who wasnt even a HW at that time when Marciano was already retired sums up your intellect .

Another fool here who will make the dumbest top 10 posters on my list ! Your official name is McNUTTY
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-25-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yeah, plus Marciano and Louis weren't prime in the same era. Rocky only got to fight Louis after Louis came out of retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X