No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers estimated punching power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Really? Haye had a near 100% KO ratio at cruiserweight.
    Who'd he fight doe?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Just watched the clip. It was 1850. Whatever he hits, he destroys. Still not enough to take out Balboa haha. Speaking of which, Bill Burr made a great point at the O&A virus comedy show in Philadelphia years ago how sad it is that the city had a statue of Rocky Balboa, a fictional boxer, and they don't even have one of Joe Frazier, a real life Philly ATG. There should be some kind of movement or fund raiser for one of Frazier.
      That's sad. Once again Hollywood trumps reality. Stallone is supposed to be a huge fight fan. He should start a campaign for Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
        Who'd he fight doe?
        Even if you fight 100 stiffs. If you can punch, you can punch. Haye had Valuev hurt and in more trouble than anyone ever did and Valuev fought some heavyweight hitters. He demolished John Ruiz like nobody had done since David Tua.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          That's sad. Once again Hollywood trumps reality. Stallone is supposed to be a huge fight fan. He should start a campaign for Joe.
          Well I'm told that he now has a statue, but still kind of sad a fictional boxer got one before the real life Philly all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Even if you fight 100 stiffs. If you can punch, you can punch. Haye had Valuev hurt and in more trouble than anyone ever did and Valuev fought some heavyweight hitters. He demolished John Ruiz like nobody had done since David Tua.
            Those were at heavyweight. I'm talking about his CW run.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
              You're getting it backwards, Gilligan. If they're 210 on fight night then they aren't Cruiserweights, they're Heavyweights.
              You're definitely going to get cruiserweights who rehydrate up to, and over 210lbs. David Haye used to rehydrate to 210 when at cruiser and there's definitely guys bigger than him draining down.

Comment

Dude, I gotta ask, what Sam Rockwell movie are those pics from? Guy's a great actor.

Comment

Love me some Rockwell also. The film is Gentlemen Broncos, from what I remember he only appears in the imagination/dreams/written works of a writer, his scenes are the best in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I would favor opponents testimony over lab tests. Many of Shavers opponents professed that he hit them the hardest. Here are a few:

·Larry Holmes: "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis."

·Tex Cobb: "Earnie could punch you in the neck with his right hand and break your ankle."

·Muhammad Ali: "Earnie hit me so hard, he shook my kinfolk back in Africa"

·Ron Lyle: "Hey man, that's the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. And George Foreman could punch, but none of them could hit like Earnie Shavers did. When he hit you, the lights went out. I can laugh about it now, but at the time,it wasn't funny."

·Ron Lyle: "Hardest he's ever been hit: Earnie Shavers. The ground came up and met me. That's all I remember."

·James "Quick" Tillis: "Shavers hit so hard he turned horse p*ss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe." "No doubtThe baddest mf'er I fought was Earnie Shavers. That mf'er can make July into June and made me jump over the mf'n moon. He hit me so hard, I thought I was on the corner smoking cigarette and eating a spam sandwich. That's how hard that mf'er hit."
                    Keep being a follower repeating dumb outdated quotes like they matter idiot

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Keep being a follower repeating dumb outdated quotes like they matter idiot
                      Hmmm, why the hostility? You are taking this way too seriously, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X