No announcement yet.

Being unbeaten, doesn't mean you are the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    How was Mayweather supposed to know it wouldn't be agreed to? A clean fighter should have had no problem with stricter testing.
    Because he didn't ask anyone else for this testing, plus boxing already has drug tests. Fight should have happened sooner, plain and simple. That's what it gets down to, no matter how long you wanna go back and forth about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Because he didn't ask anyone else for this testing, plus boxing already has drug tests. Fight should have happened sooner, plain and simple. That's what it gets down to, no matter how long you wanna go back and forth about this.
      Pacquiao had no problem demanding and taking stricter testing years later. It makes you wonder why.

So yes...the fight should have happened sooner but Pacquiao is largely to blame for why it didn't.

Comment

• I don't deny that. I'm just saying, no matter the reason, you only get credit for beating the best opponents in their prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342;17897194[B
          ]What reason would he have to demand such testing? [/B] All the moving up in weight classes? For whatever reason it happened, the fight needed to happen sooner. When you look at a guy's resume, you look at who they beat and when. You don't get the same credit for beating someone at least 5 years after you should have fought them.
          Because he thought he was cheating as I said before. I'm sure he received information that led him to believe it. I don't think he just randomly picked him out as a cheater.

Comment

I don't deny that. I'm just saying, no matter the reason, you only get credit for beating the best opponents in their prime.
            Prime or not both were considered the best two Welterweights in the world. It's not like Mayweather beat a shot fighter who had nothing to offer. That wasn't the case in this fight.

Comment

• Just what this forum needed: debate about the Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations, i'm not sure if that has ever been discussed on these forums before.

Comment

Which Floyd never asked any previous opponent to do. Both guys held this fight up though and for a good 5-6 years.
                what diff does it make pac was the 1st ?!?!?! how on earth is ''demanding'' stricter drug testing a bad thing ?!?!?!? and why didnt more people (supposed HONEST fight fans) blame pac for the delay ?!?!?!?!? one guy held this up, the other was just tired of net being moved (lets not forget how boob abum needed time to build the perfect stadium ).

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                At the end of the day it is not unreasonable to ask for stricter drug testing. All Floyd was requesting was that BOTH of them show they were clean and on a level playing field.

Pacquiao walked away just because of that so he is the one that prevented the fight from happening when both were closest to prime.
                no one, and i mean no one, could have predicted pac, or ANYONE, to run away from a cut off date. what CLEAN fighter NEEDS a cut off date ?!?!?!?

now strict drug testing is the norm and no one is bltching. in FACT, people are NOW giving a guy the evil eye for not taking it.

do the so called honest fight fan not see how hypocritical they are

Comment

• I do blame Pac. I said I blamed them both.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Prime or not both were considered the best two Welterweights in the world. It's not like Mayweather beat a shot fighter who had nothing to offer. That wasn't the case in this fight.
                    So then, do you consider Pacquiao a great win on Mayweather's resume, like Ali beating Liston or Foreman?

Comment

So then, do you consider Pacquiao a great win on Mayweather's resume, like Ali beating Liston or Foreman?
                      No but I also don't rate Mayweather as high as I do Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X