Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest Robberies in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward getting a win here isn't a robbery at all. The fight was very close and could have gone the other way!
    However the inner workings of the business was at work and begging for a close decision for Ward so the rematch is in line.
    Other than Stevenson theres no where for Ward and Koval to go..........simple as that!!!
    Koval wins big ........who cares about a rematch?
    These promoters have nothing in back of these guys and need their last few years desperately.

The fight was ok but no barn burner hell was anyone dead tired at the end from putting a max effort out? NO!
    Koval better do something with that body conditioning because the few body shots thrown really effected him. He actually lifted his leg a few times. Not a good reaction!

Not p4p kings...not ATG's......not top twenty light heavies in history!!!! Just good fighters that put on a "glorified spar
    session".

Do you think they'll rematch by the end of January? hahahaha..
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      No NSB overspill from last nights fight please gentlemen. Stick to the historical perspective.
      I understand that you can be Ward fun Nelson ,but i put it in historical contest its in rules xD

Comment

Whitaker-Ramirez I is probably the #1 'greatest' robbery. Whitaker won the first three rounds as clear as day and yet one judge only gave Whitaker 2 rounds in the entire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          People wont like this but I always felt Frazier defeated Ali in the second fight, if you look at all the missed shots Ali threw the announcers called and added body shots and effective aggressiveness that snapped alis head back through out the fight..

I also think Lewis draw with holyfield one was a disaster..ppl seem to think just b/c a few rounds make a fight that its close...doesn't work like that.

Spinks vs Holmes is the most infamous,because anyone with boxing high IQ could see Holmes won that one.

Godoy vs Louis 1...Godoy clearly won and dominated that fight,wasnt even close really.

Frankie Randall vs Chavez is probably a huge robbery that comes to mind outside Hw's. and gave the win to then unbeaten chavez in which was as clear a loss as any.

I could name a major fight and PROVE a certain 6'6 Ukranian won, but I wont bother.
          Frazier-Ali was close, they probably wanted trylogy, in LL -Holy Lennox got lazy so i see why you can protect Draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Ward getting a win here isn't a robbery at all. The fight was very close and could have gone the other way!
            However the inner workings of the business was at work and begging for a close decision for Ward so the rematch is in line.
            Other than Stevenson theres no where for Ward and Koval to go..........simple as that!!!
            Koval wins big ........who cares about a rematch?
            These promoters have nothing in back of these guys and need their last few years desperately.

The fight was ok but no barn burner hell was anyone dead tired at the end from putting a max effort out? NO!
            Koval better do something with that body conditioning because the few body shots thrown really effected him. He actually lifted his leg a few times. Not a good reaction!

Not p4p kings...not ATG's......not top twenty light heavies in history!!!! Just good fighters that put on a "glorified spar
            session".

Do you think they'll rematch by the end of January? hahahaha..
            Ray
            I think they will Ray ,but not so fast as Jan ,yea i agree on bodyshots, he should Also throw more himself ,he hurt Ward bad with Right to the body.

I think close fight can be Robbery Ray.

Wojtek

Comment

Erislandy Lara "losing" to Paul Williams always comes to my mind first & foremost (2nd is probably Manny vs Bradley & third is Lennox's "draw" to Holyfield) when a robbery is mentioned. Usually people don't understand "clearly" cuz clearly in most robberies people talk about in big fights there is a margin of error with a round or two that can get you to where the judges card showed. So it all comes down to your preference vs a judges preference more than any judge robbing a fighter if we are being reasonable about everything.

I also got a pet peeve with cats calling Oscar vs Tito a robbery. I've always contended that fight was decided in Oscar's running in the first few rounds more than the last few rounds....at least how it played out. To me the middle was clearly Oscar's, the end was clearly Tito's. The only thing disputable is the first 4 or so rounds which I believe is where you either like Tito's aggression or Oscar's running/"boxing" more. And come on lets look at the cards. Just revisiting this via boxrec the 3 judges had it 7-5 & 6-5-1 Tito & 6-6 even. Ledderman had it 6-6. AP had it 7-5 Oscar. It was a close f#cking fight. And to go deeper down the rabbit hole I think the bigger problem is cuz boxing has a flawed scoring system with winning a round big or clearly without a knockdown vs winning a round close both equaling 10-9 that FOR SURE Oscar won more rounds bigger then Tito won his rounds, but thats not accountable in the scoring despite everyone with eyes visually being able to grasp thats what happened. So people feeling Oscar got robbed is almost a optical illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                Whitaker-Ramirez I is probably the #1 'greatest' robbery. Whitaker won the first three rounds as clear as day and yet one judge only gave Whitaker 2 rounds in the entire fight.
                I thought you said that fight wasn't a robbery or am I mistaken?

Comment

Harold Johnson vs Willie Pastrano

Comment

i tell you what, last nights fight is up there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I thought you said that fight wasn't a robbery or am I mistaken?
                      I had a close scorecard, 115-113, but that was probably being overly generous to Ramirez, 5 rounds is probably the max you could give him and only one of them was a clear round to him. I probably said before that Whitaker-Chavez wasn't as big a robbery as it was made out to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X