No announcement yet.

Biggest Robberies in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    He was very defensive elusive fighter thats why he had no KOs,generaly fighters back then had less KOs TKOs ,not every fight was officaial ,refs wasnt stoping till nearly death.

They fought good opsition month after month ,thats why they lose,what if Ward or Kovalev bump on Levinsky in theyr 20th fight of the year ,Ahhhh they wouldnt be able to fight so much LMAO.also they fought HWs ,so let Ward fight Kovalev 2 times,3 stevenson,then Wlamir and Fury and then Levinsky ,and we could see wats left out of Ward,Levisnky would be ok.

Part of why he lost was cuse he fought many good fighters many times,In single Fight with WWard/Kovalev his record doesnt matter.Fighters had skill,especialy inside.

If this would be football i would agree ,level of play improved dramaticly but not in boxing.
    I should have also pointed out the possibility of broken/fragile hands for the lack of punching power, something that was very common then due to the lighter and lower quality gloves and the greater financial necessity to fight regardless of physical condition.

Referees certainly let fights go on far longer then than today but I doubt that that is even a partial explanation for Levinsky's lack of stoppage victories. He just couldn't punch.

What you are saying about fighting every month or so and heavier opponents only goes to show how far from ideal those times were for producing high quality boxing ands how comparing is somewhat ridiculous, especially when you are saying that the likes of Ward and Kovalev would fail to defeat Battling Levinsky.

Watch Loughran-Walker and then watch Kovalev-Ward or some other high profile light-heavyweight fight of the past 40 years. If you don't see improvement then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Hagler-Antuofermo 1 was also a robbery IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        I should have also pointed out the possibility of broken/fragile hands for the lack of punching power, something that was very common then due to the lighter and lower quality gloves and the greater financial necessity to fight regardless of physical condition.

Referees certainly let fights go on far longer then than today but I doubt that that is even a partial explanation for Levinsky's lack of stoppage victories. He just couldn't punch.

What you are saying about fighting every month or so and heavier opponents only goes to show how far from ideal those times were for producing high quality boxing ands how comparing is somewhat ridiculous, especially when you are saying that the likes of Ward and Kovalev would fail to defeat Battling Levinsky.

Watch Loughran-Walker and then watch Kovalev-Ward or some other high profile light-heavyweight fight of the past 40 years. If you don't see improvement then I don't know what to tell you.
        Idk if improvment ,but big changes ,ofc in situation where Levinsky would fight 2 or 3 times a year ,he would be prepered better also we dont know how Ward or Kova would behave in 6oz gloves.

Agree on punching ,its many reasons why they had less KOs .ofc its Fantasy we will never know how would Ward /Kov fight in this situation and viceversa .

We went far in discussion with no sens ,compering the best LHWs from diffrent era have little sens

Comment

Mayweather vs Castillo, mainly because that was the defining moment in how all Mayweather fights would be judged. It not only was a bad decision that night, it made beating Floyd impossible with that as a basis of defense.

Comment

Well a lot of them have been named.
            Lewis vs Holyfield I
            Tito vs Oscar
            Oscar vs Mosley II
            Oscar vs Sturm
            Whitaker vs Ramirez I
            Whitaker vs Chavez
            Williams vs Lara
            Walcott vs Louis
            Foreman vs Briggs
            But the worst robbery i have seen, was the 1988 light middleweight final between Roy Jones Jr. vs Park Si Hun, as a huge amateur boxing follower i can tell you that Roy put one of the best olympic finals performances EVER, the korean didn't win 10 straight seconds in any round and still got the decision despite being hit by more than twice the punches he landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
              Can we see your list of the 20 LHWs, who would beat both Ward and Kovalev?
              We're still waiting, Ray!

Comment

whitaker - ramierez 1 in paris,,,,,had it 118-110 Whitaker , angelo Dundee 9-3

Comment

Working...
                X