No announcement yet.

De La Hoya Becomes Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I see. So instead of talking numbers and facts you'd rather talk about your feelings and emotions. Are you a woman by chance?

The A-side in negotiations is determined by a track record of bringing in money. Not by who "The Old Left Hook" swoons and gets his panties wet for.

This fight can still happen now but I hope Golovkin doesn't blow it by asking for more than he is really worth. I hear he is making $5 million for his next bout against Jacobs, yet Canelo's starting offer of 8 figures is unacceptable.
    A true champion prefers to be treated like one in negotiations. It is incredible that in your mind GGG is doing the running here. I think it is obvious to the whole world (excluding yourself) who is avoiding whom. Hoya and company want the fight in two or three years when GGG is 37. You support them. They want GGG to get old, Their ploys are too obvious. Only half punch drunk ex pugs could believe they are deceiving anyone and that their actions are not completely transparent anyway.

Why argue over a fight I have already dertermined will happen too late to matter, if it ever does happen?

Comment

Oh, I don't deny that Golden Boy is avoiding this fight. Canelo is their only meal ticket at the moment and they don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

But to suggest that Golovkin is the A-side between them is asinine.

Comment

So De La Hoya and Alvarez are playing the waiting game? Man, I hate that crap. Didn't Mayweather pretty much do the same thing with Pacquiao, giving us that fight at least 5-6 years after people really wanted it? And didn't Leonard do the same thing when waiting for Hagler to be past his prime and fighting him for the title in 1987, instead of 1984? Hell, Ray Leonard didn't start really pushing for that fight until after Hagler's fight with Mugabi.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          So De La Hoya and Alvarez are playing the waiting game? Man, I hate that crap. Didn't Mayweather pretty much do the same thing with Pacquiao, giving us that fight at least 5-6 years after people really wanted it? And didn't Leonard do the same thing when waiting for Hagler to be past his prime and fighting him for the title in 1987, instead of 1984? Hell, Ray Leonard didn't start really pushing for that fight until after Hagler's fight with Mugabi.
          A massive boycott of Golden Boy fights would work. Boxing fans are far too stupid to organize, however. How could anything be organized when half the are people like Shoulder Roll, who say, yes, Hoya and Canelo are stalling, and then find a way to justify it anyway?

Dig it, baby, they are stalling and pushing for the fight at the same time according to Shoulder Roll. They are flat stalling, but they are in the right. That is his position.

Comment

Canelo and Golden Boy are ducking and delaying to a degree I've never seen. You can't compare it to Mayweather/Pacquaio, where you can reasonably point to both sides. In this case, you have a fighter (Canelo) who has changed his story multiple times. He's a middleweight, he's not a middleweight until his body is ready, he says "160, no problem", and "we're calling you on Monday", then he gives up the belt. And his countrymen and various Golovkin haters argue that his native Mexican popularity entitles him to be the "A side", which further entitles him to duck this fight with impunity. But everyone knows he's being a p____y.

Comment

Yea as a cat who's ultimately pro-GBP & Oscar, despite the easy to make goofs on him, from way back its kinda disappointing to see a guy who's career was moved towards legacy fights regardless of the risk involved now become a "businessman promoter" as the guy helming the next generation Oscar & after throwing together many of his other guys into big fights.

I do suspect he'll take more risks with Canelo at some point 12+ months down the line, but I feel like Oscar views GGG as too big of a risk for the upside in money, PPV buys & importance in the boxing world as GGG has been avoided so well his own legacy is weakened cuz his resume doesn't include the "W's" from fights that the other guy didn't wanna fight vs GGG (& rightfully so, but its still effed up GGG is pushing 35 & his best W is probably over David Lemeuix.

Comment

When crap like this happens, they should just take all the belts away from the guy doing the ducking. I guess The Ring still does this sometimes, like with Stevenson's avoidance of Kovalev.

Comment

When crap like this happens, they should just take all the belts away from the guy doing the ducking. I guess The Ring still does this sometimes, like with Stevenson's avoidance of Kovalev.
                  Doesn't Hoya now own Ring Magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    Don't be a halfwit. Canelo was a phony middleweight champion who ran off and vacated before he would face his mandatory GGG. He put up a non effort against MW when he was far from green.

Canelo, under the guidance of Hoya, is now the ultimate cherry picking whiner. They are obviouisly waiting for GGG to age. This is not fan friendly or boxing friendly.

Yes, an eight figure flat fee is unfair, and also an insult. It does not matter a whit that it is more than he ever made before. GGG is not the B side of this arrangement. Only a halfwit can believe that. I know that, personally, I could not care less about seeing Canelo fight unless he is fighting GGG. No one gives a shït about Canelo. The great KO artist is the one carrying all the intrigue--can anyone give him a good fight? That is what people want to know. Canelo is seen as the guy who might give him the best fight, nothing more. He is the B side.

He is also a chicken. If he thought he could beat GGG he would be in the ring with him faster than you can shït with diarrhea, son. It should be Canelo who is getting 40%. That is what is bogus about Hoya's (and your) reasoning from the start. Canelo might be Hoya's biggest star, but he is not a big star.

Furthermore, Hoya does not know how to make him a star.

Of course negotiations are stalled. The B side is demanding the A side's share of the purse. Yeah, negotiations are stalled.

Will GGG be trying to dethrone Canelo, sir, or will it be the other way around? The answer is obvious. GGG does not care for whatever paper title Canelo is waving, and neither does anyone else. The contest will be to see if Canelo can dethrone the recognized, universal middleweight champion. Any other middleweight champion is a pretender, especially the ones that already ran from one mandatory fight with GGG.

You think I care if you come back with some figures concerning the great Canelo's PPV past? LIke what? When he gave a non effort against Mayweather?

Canelo has not proven himself at middleweight. He wants to talk like a great middleweight without doing any of the work. Anyone who buys into his and Hoya's garbage is a halfwit. I did not know you were a halfwit, son. Tell me you are not. Tell me you were kidding. How did I miss that joke? Tell me it was irony.
                    If my boxing slang is up to date, A side means the fighter that brings the most financial clout. And in a g string/Canelo match up that belongs to Canelo. Just look at the financial numbers. Figures don't lie but liars can figure or an I just a half wit?

Comment

Golovkin already got Canelo's middleweight belt. But he's STILL chasing after the Mexican anyway.

The reason is obviously because Canelo offers better money making potential than anyone else right now. He's a clear A-side.

It would seem like a good idea for GGG to take a little less money in order to lure the redhead into the ring. But you have people like The Old Left Hook who think he should be insulted by the highest purse he has ever been offered and that he should demand A-side money.

Then he turns around and complains that the fight isn't getting made. That's his position.

Comment

Working...
                      X