No announcement yet.

Harder puncher, Liston or Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    You could make an educated guess quite easy by footage and opponents...foreman clearly hit harder and shavers power is overatted ..its overatted because he failed to k.o top level guys when he hit them and those guys are very undersized compared to the better bigger guys Foreman k.od. foreman didnt k.o everyone either but his punches certainly had more force behind them 70's or 90's. I would have a few punchers over both.
    Liston had huge stone fists though?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Liston had huge stone fists though?
      Fist size helps but its not the end of all factors..90's foremans forearms were huge i beleive 17 inches...most of the power is generated by forearms because that is what reinforces a punch and gives more wrist strength that in turn makes the hand harder to break, so you can throw harder punches .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-01-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Angus Mackaskill would likely throw a harder punch than either of them, and he did not box. The strength of a 7'9", 475 lbs. athletic body of lean muscle would do the job. A simple calculation estimates his fist size at 19". The man could pick a horse up and set it over a fence. A dozen men pretending to help him haul a boat up an incline were actually pulling against him as a practical joke. Angus pulled the boat in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          The Klitz bros were definitely NOT heavy handed punchers! Strong yes, and could generate decent leverage but over all didn't put combos together well and
          were not heavy handed.

Ray
          you sound like someone who has never watched vitali ever

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          " I’ve fought George Foreman, I’ve fought Lennox Lewis and Vitali’s the best. He hits harder than Foreman, he’s got incredibly fast hands.” Shannon Briggs

Anyone making claims the 6'7 250 pounder was not at least slight heavy handed is truly not in sync with reality , Vitali hurt guys with even more arm punching than Foreman did which made him harder to hit without putting much body into it letting him throw from a longer distance. Foreman i think has the power edge but who knows how hard Vitali could have hit with more committed punching technique ?

foreman obviously has the bigger KO punch, have to consider briggs was prime fighting ancient foreman, shot himself fighting near top form vitali, and 10 years between those fights... but vitali certainly was heavy handed and others like purity have said it as well. they said its not any one punch that his huge, its just that all of them are consistently hard and it breaks you down

Comment

"you sound like someone who has never watched vitali ever"......

I saw him get beat when he stepped up!
            I didn't watch him fight Areola or Herbie or any other guy that was brought in to be the opponent.
            All you young guys can think that Klitz bros were great I really don't care. To me they were one dimensional and boring. When they got hit their reactions were really bad especially Wlad and thats that. I know they trained hard and they give a good effort
            but their not great talents with superb skills, sorry their not.

Ray

Comment

No, but they dominated a crappy heavyweight era.

Comment

Relatively speaking, the Klit bros ruled the weakest era in heavyweight history. Relatively speaking, will be defined here as the greatest gap between the best talent and the next best talent. They were the best talents, yes, and there was no one else close. When they were champions the challengers were mediocre, yet still they got knocked out and humiliated more than once apiece. Does this speak well of them?

They would beat all of Marciano's challengers through sheer size, which is not the point. Marciano's challengers were more challenge for him than theirs were for them (except when the bros got humiliated) but he never went out or quit.

As far as them being super hard punchers, don't believe it. Against a punch measuring machine (or against you and I) they would excell in punching power all right, but in the ring they were unable to defend themselves while putting the maximum into a punch, so they flat never did it, using their long frames to paw away from the outside instead.

Giants are not so unbeatable when there are other giants around. Even Lewis dealt with more giants than they did. They both lost to their first giants in Lewis and Fury.

The question is: are they hard punching men for their size? The answer is: fairly hard, but likely nowhere near a Joshua or a Wilder, who have, however, not faced good comp yet.

Comment

Sonny Listen may have been a harder straight puncher, but Foreman a harder hooker! haha as i believe certain members have alluded to Sonny Listen had slightly better technique when it comes to straight punching ability i.e throwing the jab...

Comment

Liston was scarier.

Foreman hit harder, granted not a drastic amount harder but still harder.

Comment

I had relayed actual talks with foreman and he says in the 90's he was better and more of a complete fighter.... Power is the last thing to go and well do the math ...look at the guys BOTH k.od and lost to ...anyone claiming shavers hit harder is just a nostalgic nut. ..end of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X