No announcement yet.

The Brown Bomber vs The Brockton Blockbuster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Marciano's chin was just as shaky. Down against old man Walcott AND against old, blown up light heavyweight Archie Moore.

I don't see him surviving the blows of a prime Joe Louis.
    Definitely not! Walcott was even better in his older age than he was in his younger years. At 33 years old he put Joe Louis down twice in the first fight and once in the second and was ahead on the scorecards!

Marciano was caught in the opening round but bounced back. A knock down against Moore isn't something to be ashamed of. Moore does hold the record for the most knockouts of all time remember? Also Rocky was 32 years old during that fight but I guess he was impervious to aging so that doesn't count...

Prime Louis was also knocked down and out against a former Light heavyweight named Max Schmeling if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      I agree but my original point was to the poster that claimed Joe Louis faced Conn who was "much faster" than Ali. I don't agree that being 40 pounds lighter makes him faster without question. Especially when my eyes are telling me something else.
      Yes. Ali had much better and faster footwork than Conn too so that would make up for any hand speed disputes. Conn looked like he was falling around the ring the entire fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        A knock down against Moore isn't something to be ashamed of. Moore does hold the record for the most knockouts of all time remember? Also Rocky was 32 years old during that fight but I guess he was impervious to aging so that doesn't count...
        Moore was a 41 year old light heavyweight yet still managed to knock down the heavyweight champion of the world. If we're going to be talking about shaky chins then that has to be brought into the discussion.

Comment

Marciano's chin was just as shaky. Down against old man Walcott AND against old, blown up light heavyweight Archie Moore.

I don't see him surviving the blows of a prime Joe Louis.
          power is the last thing to go....age has little to do with ones power in general and that's an excuse b/c Walcott wouldn't be to old in todays game. He was also skilled ...he wasn't a fat 5'9 drunkard or a 190/200 pound shot fighter like Braddock among the others who have felled Louis. Marciano would get to Louis before Louis got to him in the posts I have already covered which would indicate that.Walcott also engaged faster than Louis did and had a very stiff jab so the style is more difficult for Marciano because Walcott also didn't mind brawling on the inside where Louis had trouble....Louis jab is overatted ,he used his jab more as a measuring tool to set up punches,which again wouldn't work that well against the Rock.

Walcott also beat Louis the first time but was another guy robbed of a victory against him.
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-31-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Definitely not! Walcott was even better in his older age than he was in his younger years. At 33 years old he put Joe Louis down twice in the first fight and once in the second and was ahead on the scorecards!

Marciano was caught in the opening round but bounced back. A knock down against Moore isn't something to be ashamed of. Moore does hold the record for the most knockouts of all time remember? Also Rocky was 32 years old during that fight but I guess he was impervious to aging so that doesn't count...

Prime Louis was also knocked down and out against a former Light heavyweight named Max Schmeling if I remember right.
            max grew out of the lhw division very early in his career and won and lost the hw title give or take 4 year's before he fought joe they were almost mirror images as far as size. as far as the rock being knocked down by Archie I agree no shame in that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              power is the last thing to go....age has little to do with ones power in general and that's an excuse b/c Walcott wouldn't be to old in todays game. He was also skilled ...he wasn't a fat 5'9 drunkard or a 190/200 pound shot fighter like Braddock among the others who have felled Louis. Marciano would get to Louis before Louis got to him in the posts I have already covered which would indicate that.Walcott also engaged faster than Louis did and had a very stiff jab so the style is more difficult for Marciano because Walcott also didn't mind brawling on the inside where Louis had trouble....Louis jab is overatted ,he used his jab more as a measuring tool to set up punches,which again wouldn't work that well against the Rock.

Walcott also beat Louis the first time but was another guy robbed of a victory against him.
              walcott aged better than Joe and deserved to win the first fight but was stopped even though he was winning the second fight. i still think joe would win two out of three against rocky. both tony g and braddock scored flash knockdowns but were battered badly

Comment

Moore was a 41 year old light heavyweight yet still managed to knock down the heavyweight champion of the world. If we're going to be talking about shaky chins then that has to be brought into the discussion.
                Again Marciano was older as well. With his style longevity is not a strong suit. I wouldn't say either had a shaky chin. Louis was just a slow starter. That could mean the difference between a win and a ko loss. If it were an argument for one having a shaky chin then it would not be in Louis's favor. A guy who was knocked down only 2 times in his entire career, one by the fighter with the most ko's in history and the other by a tricky, unorthodox, ring tactician, who knocked out Ezzard Charles cold will never have a worse chin than someone who was knocked out by Max Schmeling, knocked down against Galento, Walcott (who knocked Louis down more times than he did Marciano), Braddock, and several others.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Yes my apologies SCOTT....oooppps JOSEPH....I tend to forget how hard it is to keep up with TWO different accounts of the same people...must be my OLD age?

you rarely interact with me???/Funny You are the one that confronts me ,until "either proven wrong or im able to ESTABLISH you are Scott! then you go into hiding and then repeat...I beat you to it this time.....b/c lets be honest everything you say is half wrong and old school guys on here ."DELUSIONAL GUYS " like sonnyboy have caught you but you were protected....either way ...you're a DOPE!!!!!!

"Its weird how you guys never get banned but the ones you are instigating fights with and pissing off get banned. You acting like a female playing that victim card like how those women push a man to the edge so he finally snaps cause you know you got that power you know we are not supposed to hit women are get mad at black people so you play it up knowing you got immunity and waited baited and pushed him'....A quote from another poster @ YOU!

Hey Scott/ Joseph how many SANCTIONED fights along with Corso have you actually been in?...or do you want SCOTTY to answer???????????????????????
                  so many accounts of these old guys KOing massive 240+ 6'5-6'6 hw's. In fact these big lugs went down the easiest. They went down just as easy as Brewster took out Wladmir. The heavyweight era is at it's worst...even these up and coming Wilders and Joshuas are total bums.

Comment

Yeah, but even in a bum era, someone has to be the best. Probably Wilder, if he keeps knocking out everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      so many accounts of these old guys KOing massive 240+ 6'5-6'6 hw's. In fact these big lugs went down the easiest. They went down just as easy as Brewster took out Wladmir. The heavyweight era is at it's worst...even these up and coming Wilders and Joshuas are total bums.
                      Yep which why they have this section for kids like you ,no offence but you are a prime example of why tall tales are still on going in boxing ,your not corso level crazy but certainly warped....i guess thatas a good thing as it keeps you entertaining with the other posters who think a a 19 50's Volkswagon out performs a a modern Cadillac!!
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-06-2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X