No announcement yet.

The Brown Bomber vs The Brockton Blockbuster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    No he wasn't and Ali was not "prime" in the first Cooper fight. He was 21 years old and barely over 200 pounds.
    Conn was 168-174 on fight night against Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      Conn was 168-174 on fight night against Louis.
      I realize that but I go by what my eyes tell me. Not weight or opinions. Ali's speed was not the speed of a heavyweight.

Look at these two videos and forget about the weight. Can you honestly say from looking at this that Conn was much faster than Ali? I sure can't.

Last edited by joseph5620; 07-30-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Joe Louis via late tko (cuts) or decs.

Comment

I realize that but I go by what my eyes tell me. Not weight or opinions. Ali's speed was not the speed of a heavyweight.

Look at these two videos and forget about the weight. Can you honestly say from looking at this that Conn was much faster than Ali? I sure can't.

I agree that Conn was faster but not by much. Ali definitely had the speed of someone 30-40 lbs lbs lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            "If i had one weakness throughout my career hidden ,its i dont like to be crowded .Marciano always crowded his opponents which is why i say i would never have beat him " J. Louis
            Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            When Joe said what he did about Marciano I'm sure he was just being classy and humble and self deprecating.
            It comes with aging. You learn, you don't have to protect your ego at all time. You feel better with your inner reality if you choose to approach life humbly.

(But of course, Louis thought he would’ve whipped Rocky in his prime. And he certainly had.)

Comment

No he wasn't and Ali was not "prime" in the first Cooper fight. He was 21 years old and barely over 200 pounds.
              I though Weight doesn't matter? its the SIZE of the fight in the dog not the SIZE.Isnt that the Corso bible around here posters like you have followed like a CULT?...A world where guys like 200 pounders like Zorra Folley beat up Vitali Klitchko and such...lmao..

P.s the other guy was 180 pounds...you claim practically I bring up weight all the time and now here you are using it to suit another post that fits the argument..AGAIN.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-30-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                It comes with aging. You learn, you don't have to protect your ego at all time. You feel better with your inner reality if you choose to approach life humbly.

(But of course, Louis thought he would’ve whipped Rocky in his prime. And he certainly had.)
                Nope,i just know a lot ,and know top be smarter than try and revision or rewrite history like most on here....Watching Louis's fights its pretty easy to see swarmers gave him the most trouble.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr.DagoWop;16898978]
                  Originally posted by phallus View Post

I don't think that Marciano goes from wrecking Louis to eating everything he has and being stopped. I do think however that Louis's jab would be a lot more effective and give Marciano problems. But Joe Louis wasn't a mover like Walcott. Louis stalks his opponents much like Marciano did. The fight would definitely be toe to toe.

Marciano of course takes a few to land his own and could potentially break down the brown bomber. Louis got dropped early in the fight against guys like Schmeling, Walcott, Galento. He also was susceptible to the right hand which is Marciano's specialty. Marciano's assault would be relentless from bell to bell and Louis's best hope of winning is by tko. I think Louis would drop Marciano as well early in the fight perhaps the two trade knock downs.

Louis could knock out guys who were supposed to be tough as nails like Galento who he literally lifted off his feet. Walcott said of the two that Marciano hit harder punch for punch.
                  Louis was already losing steam before, he wasn't stopping opponents the same way and he physically looked slower. in his prime you can see how viscous his punches are. By the time he got to rocky I think a lot of up and comers would have beat him. A lot of people think Rocky fought a past prime Louis, this is wrong. Rocky fought a washed up Louis, a Louis that really wasn't capable of beating anyone good anymore. You are talking a guy in his 40's who has been in many wars and doesn't get any testosterone replacement therapy like nowadays. He's lost his speed and even his power, all he has is experience. The only man to ever have any success at this age in the heavyweight division was Foreman, and even he was incapable of beating the best young fighter at the time in Evander. Foreman also had the benefit of taking what, 12 years off?

Obviously I think that anyone who Brawls with Rocky will likely come out on the losing end most of the time, but Louis has a lot of accurate firepower he can throw back. Louis goes so far back that most people weren't around on this forum to ever see him fight, let alone in his prime. But take a look at his knockout reels - this man was knocking people completely out cold on a frequent basis. In the HD era nobody would have the balls to hang with him.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    I though Weight doesn't matter? its the SIZE of the fight in the dog not the SIZE.Isnt that the Corso bible around here posters like you have followed like a CULT?...A world where guys like 200 pounders like Zorra Folley beat up Vitali Klitchko and such...lmao..

P.s the other guy was 180 pounds...you claim practically I bring up weight all the time and now here you are using it to suit another post that fits the argument..AGAIN.
                    I have rarely interacted with you so either you're insane or you are mistaking me for someone else.

Comment

I have rarely interacted with you so either you're insane or you are mistaking me for someone else.
                      Yes my apologies SCOTT....oooppps JOSEPH....I tend to forget how hard it is to keep up with TWO different accounts of the same people...must be my OLD age?

you rarely interact with me???/Funny You are the one that confronts me ,until "either proven wrong or im able to ESTABLISH you are Scott! then you go into hiding and then repeat...I beat you to it this time.....b/c lets be honest everything you say is half wrong and old school guys on here ."DELUSIONAL GUYS " like sonnyboy have caught you but you were protected....either way ...you're a DOPE!!!!!!

"Its weird how you guys never get banned but the ones you are instigating fights with and pissing off get banned. You acting like a female playing that victim card like how those women push a man to the edge so he finally snaps cause you know you got that power you know we are not supposed to hit women are get mad at black people so you play it up knowing you got immunity and waited baited and pushed him'....A quote from another poster @ YOU!

Hey Scott/ Joseph how many SANCTIONED fights along with Corso have you actually been in?...or do you want SCOTTY to answer???????????????????????
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-31-2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X