No announcement yet.

Best Punching Technique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Punching Technique

Name boxers current and from the past who have the best and/or proper punching technique

Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
    Name boxers current and from the past who have the best and/or proper punching technique
    1. Joe Louis
    2. Robinson
    3. Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      1. Joe Louis
      2. Robinson
      3. Hearns
      what's your opinion on SRL's tech? A friend of mines said his body has a very natural way with punching

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        what's your opinion on SRL's tech? A friend of mines said his body has a very natural way with punching
        His is definitely up there but I put those guys first because I feel that Louis and Hearns were so devastating of punchers because of technique (leverage) and SRR could knock a guy out with any punch whereas most guys need to land their right hand or left hook. I believe that was due to technique and that punchers can be made as well as born.

Comment

His is definitely up there but I put those guys first because I feel that Louis and Hearns were so devastating of punchers because of technique (leverage) and SRR could knock a guy out with any punch whereas most guys need to land their right hand or left hook. I believe that was due to technique and that punchers can be made as well as born.
          Hearns is a very good example of a puncher than can be taught he was not knocking people out in the amateurs as Louis and Robinson did.

Comment

I'm wondering what you think about De La Hoya and Wlad Klitschko.

And a guy like Thurman can punch but really wings his shots. If you have that type of power punching like that, do you think you can turn yourself into a guy more like a Hearns or Joe Louis?

Comment

Ricardo Lopez

Comment

No love for Alexis Arguello? The guy was near picture perfect with his technique.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  No love for Alexis Arguello? The guy was near picture perfect with his technique.
                  Just about to post Alexis name.
                  You beat me to it....

Ricardo Lopez...

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
                    I'm wondering what you think about De La Hoya and Wlad Klitschko.

And a guy like Thurman can punch but really wings his shots. If you have that type of power punching like that, do you think you can turn yourself into a guy more like a Hearns or Joe Louis?
                    De la hoya had good technique but not great.. He combination of speed and power made him a great puncher more than anything..

Wladimir does some stuff like the jab, and straight right almost to perfection, but he is very poor in other areas like body punching, inside, etc

Thurman I don't think will ever be jou louis caliber technique, he will be more like a diego corrales

Comment

Working...
                    X