Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you guys as Boxing fans consider greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MW's average daily expenses--when you add in insurance for various real estate holdings and real property, gardeners, landscapers and servants, top level security, sports betting losses, parties and sychophants, toys for his kids and women--amount to somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000-$20,000. That is per day!

Yes, he will fight again. The kid is a money faucet that is left running.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Before they reconciliated, MW senior spoke the bitter truth about his son's financial propensities--rather than becoming a billionaire, his son would be walking the streets of Grand Rapids broke a few years after he retired.

Junior goes through money like water. Every time his accountants turn around they are forking over another $150,000 for him to bet on sports events. He is a steady loser. Sports cars, mansions, parties where you foot the entire bill, these all swallow money like a great white. Silly recording studio ventures et al, are sure to be big losers. His advisors get their cuts whether his fortunes wax or wane.
      Then he's got the wrong people advising him and he's being an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        MW's average daily expenses--when you add in insurance for various real estate holdings and real property, gardeners, landscapers and servants, top level security, sports betting losses, parties and sychophants, toys for his kids and women--amount to somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000-$20,000. That is per day!

Yes, he will fight again. The kid is a money faucet that is left running.
        Someone with that much money should be set for life, kind of sad, guy should save more and invest wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
          Hello my first post (Been lurking for a a year before i registered)

Was wondering what would fight fans consider more impressive. Staying undefeated or defeating every opponent ever faced?
          Being undefeated obviously. The undefeated guy is obviously undefeated, but has also beaten everyone he faced. The assumption with the guy who's beaten everyone he's faced is that he could have some L's that he avenged.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Its better to have lost and avenge a loss than to have been undefeatted with lesser competition.
            Thats not the question doe.
            Was wondering what would fight fans consider more impressive. Staying undefeated or defeating every opponent ever faced?
            This would be like saying Floyd's resume would be more impressive if he'd have lost to Mosley for example or Rocky had loss to Jersey Joe Walcott & then they avenged those L's vs what they did. I have a hard time believing a L to either of those guys that later got avenged would be seen as more impressive for either of those guys. Or would Lennox Lewis be seen as better if he'd have never lost his first fights with McCall & Rahman (or gotten that bs draw to Holyfield). I can't believe Lewis wouldn't be more highly considered if he'd retired undefeated.

This **** is a trick question.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Someone with that much money should be set for life, kind of sad, guy should save more and invest wisely.
              Floyd has been saving all along. Out of every paycheck he has religiously deducted $100 for his retirement years. There is $4, 900 in that account already. Floyd wants to make it an even $5, 000, so he can live in his accustomed lifestyle during the sunset years.

Heh, heh. Guess his foolish daddy forgot about that little nest egg. Floyd knows that amount could only keep papa high for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
                Hello my first post (Been lurking for a a year before i registered)

It's a good question but it depends on the circumstances.

It depends on the calibre of opponents etc.

Nobody thinks Joe Calzaghe has an incredible resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Being undefeated obviously. The undefeated guy is obviously undefeated, but has also beaten everyone he faced. The assumption with the guy who's beaten everyone he's faced is that he could have some L's that he avenged.
                  It obviously depends on the circumstances.

The guy who's avenged his losses may have fought much better competition.

For example:

If Ray Leonard had only lost to Duran and Hearns in his career but he'd avenged them and had still beaten Benitez and Hagler etc, he'd have a greater resume than Floyd Mayweather who's undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    It obviously depends on the circumstances.

The guy who's avenged his losses may have fought much better competition.

For example:

If Ray Leonard had only lost to Duran and Hearns in his career but he'd avenged them and had still beaten Benitez and Hagler etc, he'd have a greater resume than Floyd Mayweather who's undefeated.
                    If you look at the question there is nothing about quality of opposition in it. So basically the example you are using doesn't make sense with the question.

The example you'd wanna use is what version of Ray would be seen as more accomplished. A Ray who never lost a fight or a Ray who fought the same guys, but lost a few fights although avenged them all? The opposition would be the same the only thing that would be different are L's. And that being the case I'd say the guy with no losses is clearly the more highly considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      If you look at the question there is nothing about quality of opposition in it. So basically the example you are using doesn't make sense with the question.

The example you'd wanna use is what version of Ray would be seen as more accomplished. A Ray who never lost a fight or a Ray who fought the same guys, but lost a few fights although avenged them all? The opposition would be the same the only thing that would be different are L's. And that being the case I'd say the guy with no losses is clearly the more highly considered.
                      I'd like the TS to elaborate more and be more specific.

If you interpret the question like you have with the example you've given above, then yeah, you're right. It would obviously be better to be undefeated. But that goes without saying doesn't it. That's obvious. Which is why I've interpreted the question in a different way like a few others have.

The question reads to me like he's comparing 2 different fighters and 2 different scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                      X