Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano is not a top ten all time heavyweight and I'll tell you why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the first serious body shot by Marciano, Butterbean is apt to spray a gallon of gumbo on him.

Comment

Marciano is underrated!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Usually when people talk all-time greats that's precisely what they mean, who would come out on top if fighters from different eras faced each other.
        That's not what an all time great is...when people compare fighters of different eras head to head it is the "BEST" fighter debate. Being a ATG is what you do in your own era not in others. I cant see how all you guys are getting confused with ATG and best fighter ever comparisons. Practically all the past era champs wouldn't be considered ATG's then because I can list 20 fringe contenders/top non dominant champs that would beat them.

And yea im pretty sure Marciano would NOT be looking forward to fighting any 6'0 300 pound swarmer with massive power and think its going to be easy.Though these are the types ofppl that have never actually fought HW's and don't realize the difference in 185 and 300 pounders. The ironic thing is Bean had a rock chin, and would be FASTER than Marciano ,sorry but no one with lacking a long reach and footwork has a automatic win there,im pretty sure he would rather small Marciano over some of those 6'4 250 pounders he fought....
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-06-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Is anyone here suggesting that Butterbean would have beaten Marciano?

You do realize that Bean was a side show 4 rounder whose opponents were carefully picked from absolute nobodies to out of shape "tough-mans" morons.
          Going the distance with an ancient Larry Holmes doesn't offer credence!
          Everyone has an "iron jaw" against men who aren't trained to punch!
          Bean has "massive power"....hahahaha wow there's a line of dog sh*!.
          The guy was so fat he couldn't throw a straight punch to save his life. It takes someone void of talent to recognize someone without talent to think he has talent!

An ATG is someone who could compete in ANY era, hence All Time!

Great punchers are the least understood of all fighters because the average fan really has no clue that there is a huge difference between a good punch and a hard punch! Good punches can be absorbed and dealt with, hard punchers shots stay with you for days!!!
          Then again if you've never been there how would you know.
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Is anyone here suggesting that Butterbean would have beaten Marciano?

You do realize that Bean was a side show 4 rounder whose opponents were carefully picked from absolute nobodies to out of shape "tough-mans" morons.
            Going the distance with an ancient Larry Holmes doesn't offer credence!
            Everyone has an "iron jaw" against men who aren't trained to punch!
            Bean has "massive power"....hahahaha wow there's a line of dog sh*!.
            The guy was so fat he couldn't throw a straight punch to save his life. It takes someone void of talent to recognize someone without talent to think he has talent!

An ATG is someone who could compete in ANY era, hence All Time!

Great punchers are the least understood of all fighters because the average fan really has no clue that there is a huge difference between a good punch and a hard punch! Good punches can be absorbed and dealt with, hard punchers shots stay with you for days!!!
            Then again if you've never been there how would you know.
            Ray
            Wrong....all time great is not ANYONE that can compete in other eras its their place in history of what they achieved...but what else is knew that I have to explain things on a logical level here.

As of Bean defeating marciano,..well sorry to tell you but 4 or 15 rounds is irrelelavnt in that fight as the most likely winner will be before round 5 if one doesnt manage to get k.o'd. Marciano should win but like your favorite Tony Gallento who WAS a factor in HIS era,so would butterbean be in Marcianos,so thems are the facts! you've never even fought before ray so you should really stop telling me what I know and don't,and by the way im talking 90's Bean not over bloated one who fought old Holmes,you simply cant comprehend styles like Marciano would fit Beans style,Marcianos been dropped by far less dangerous guys /punchers than Bean.weight is weight ,muscle or fat its irrelevant ,if that was the case I guess Foreman hit harder at 220 than 250 plus which would be ..B.S..again you claim to know boxing but comments like the one im replying too has me questioning it.

By your definition even top ranked guys in other eras that could be champs in others are all time Greats ,since as you THINK that ATG are guys who can compete in other eras? Sorry that's IMPRACTICLE because then we would literally have handfuls of all time greats just on the 90's alone and that era would wipe out all your favorites in reality, but then im talking to a guy who once said Gallento was better than klitchko b/c he fought guys on his porch! So given the term ATG you would put a Gallento as that ,its as nonsensicle trying to tell me Marciano wasn't an all time great because he couldn't compete post 60's and win
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-06-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

"you've never even fought before ray so you should really stop telling me what I know and don't,".........
              wanna find out sonny?
              What I do know is that your a Liar! It's been proven time and again and the only thing you can do about it is apologize to everyone on this forum.

....remember your "no name uncle" who trained Bowe

.....how about your nameless daddy who was a "world wide judo expert"?

or maybe the Wlad spar partner YOU knocked out (my favorite)

Hey azzhole if I post articles from a sports section of a well known newspaper about me fighting will you relinquish your membership?

It's easy proving you wrong sonny, your always wrong!

Ray

Comment

"you've never even fought before ray so you should really stop telling me what I know and don't,".........
                wanna find out sonny?
                What I do know is that your a Liar! It's been proven time and again and the only thing you can do about it is apologize to everyone on this forum.

....remember your "no name uncle" who trained Bowe

.....how about your nameless daddy who was a "world wide judo expert"?

or maybe the Wlad spar partner YOU knocked out (my favorite)

Hey azzhole if I post articles from a sports section of a well known newspaper about me fighting will you relinquish your membership?

:

It's easy proving you wrong sonny, your always wrong!

Ray
                nothing about nothing,you old fool....tell us how liston is in 1965 "PRIME: again...???? You are a dope and a jealous one.....i wont relinquish the strangle hold I have on you at boxing scene and you know it.,i correct you and prove you wrong time and time again ..deal with it.you're living proof just how stupid trainers can be and why I tell people watch who gives you advice about boxing opiniuons,,,stick with the jump rope suggestions RAY!!!Anyone wants to know about my uncle can pick up the book "WESTIES".....you have a big mouth old fool be glad I find you that of a class clown and that of a threat of a fly on shyte to me!

and Ray remember fat bum midget Gallento was better than Wlad Klitchko because he fought guys his PORCH!!!!!
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-06-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

So after all that BS the answer is no?
                  You talk smack but refuse to back it up, lil' b*t@h!!
                  The forums proven LIAR! :*******: juggynutz nice new cartoon pic sonny!

My last fishing trip of the season boys, hoping for a Tarpon who hung behind
                  and thinks he's a heavyweight.

Weekend on the water and a test of strategy and strength is always fun.

Ray

Comment

So after all that BS the answer is no?
                    You talk smack but refuse to back it up, lil' b*t@h!!
                    The forums proven LIAR! :*******: juggynutz nice new cartoon pic sonny!

My last fishing trip of the season boys, hoping for a Tarpon who hung behind
                    and thinks he's a heavyweight.

Weekend on the water and a test of strategy and strength is always fun.

Ray
                    Good luck fishing.

Lying is not even relevant on this point. Rather, incompetence is on display. For, yes, someone does seriously match Butterbean with the Rock of ages, and you will never guess who it is.

Any brainy fight fan should know that Butter--by God--bean stands very little chance, and any brainy fight fan does.

Rocky has a wise trainer, and he follows instructions to the T. He makes Butter--by God--bean come after him. The Butterman is probably carrying up to 25 lbs. of unvoided feces clogged in his overworked tracts, putting even more load on his concrete pillars. The Rock can play the cat and mouse game for a few rounds, forcing the big man to come after him. Every step with Butterbean is like a large scale construction operation. If he moves any faster, he tires not quickly, but immediately. Wind him two or three times like that, and the fight is over at Rock's discretion. He may need work on the heavy bag.

In the meantime Rock hits him selectively, without being touched in return by a solid punch, popping that picnic gumbo tub ungently a few times, barely getting warmed up, let alone tiring. Believe me, Rock with his conditioning and underrated boxing savvy is a ballerina next to the thunder-footed Butterbean.

After being marched dutifully once from mid ring by the grappling Godzilla, Rocky, and perhaps the ref, will have seen enough of that tactic. It hardly matters. Butter--by God--bean is tiring at the speed of light in the restroom of a Turkish truckstop.
                    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 05-07-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

don't we get this thread every few months?

Comment

Working...
                      X