No announcement yet.

Super Heavyweight era..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    At 6 ft 5+ with a 84 or so inch reach, I think we can safely consider him as a Super Heavyweight for this threads purpose. Same applies to Deontay.
    Obviously he was a super heavy. Pro and amatuer.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Obviously he was a super heavy. Pro and amatuer.
      He was definitely at his best 235+ pounds as you said. I can't remember him weighing in below that during his fights too often of the top of my head.

Comment

I don't see why a guy like Haye or Povetkin couldn't be heavyweight champ in this era. Klitschko was good at nullifying the small guys, i'm not so sure that guys like Wilder, Fury and Joshua or whoever else has the same discipline.

Being small is not necessarily a disadvantage. As Holyfield would say, you just have to learn how to fight big guys.
        Not everyone is Holyfield and Holyfield lost to the big relevant guys....his claim to fame is a win over heftier Tyson at 5'11. He defeated Foreman but Foreman wasn't the best big guy in that era. There really is no LITTLE guys anymore the average Hw is about 6'4 over 230...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Not everyone is Holyfield and Holyfield lost to the big relevant guys....his claim to fame is a win over heftier Tyson at 5'11. He defeated Foreman but Foreman wasn't the best big guy in that era. There really is no LITTLE guys anymore the average Hw is about 6'4 over 230...
          Holyfield beat plenty of big guys in his time incl. Buster douglas and Riddick bowe.

Comment

Holyfield beat plenty of big guys in his time incl. Buster douglas and Riddick bowe.
            Any top guy would have beat Buster that night........that was his own version of the equivalence of how Tyson came into fight him,except Douglas weighed almost 20 pounds overweuight of his fight weight. Bowe beat holyfield twice,slipped up once...holyfield also weighed his heaviest at that time 217 when he defeated Bowe...one win over Bowe isn't exactly proof of anything. a better example is the 6'4 240 Golota who shows why a SHw division is more practical.

Comment

Holyfield also won the second Lewis fight at the ripe age of 37.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist_Spec View Post
                lol...nope.

Comment

Not on my scorecard. Or the official ones either.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    lol...nope.
                    You could make a convincing case that he did.

Comment

You could make a convincing case that he did.
                      I don't have to I have two eyes,there is no way Holyfiield won that fight...close rnds don't mean close fights Lewis easily won the majority of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X