Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marcianos punches hurt the arms so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Yes I've heard of him.......Coach Nutbag! and his student Tool Boy!!!

No more BS from you sonny, your going to get hammered when you lie and degrade others. Now don't go away mad just go away!

Ray
    The irony here will not be lost on any realistic viewer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Yes I've heard of him.......Coach Nutbag! and his student Tool Boy!!!

No more BS from you sonny, your going to get hammered when you lie and degrade others. Now don't go away mad just go away!

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        My coach was the man who coined that very special term for you all Bill...

Nut Bag!
        I see....Ok how to put this gently...that guy who you called coach and who would insist you change your draws in special ed class when you had an accident? hes a "different" kind of coach. We are talking about a boxing coach who usually works in a gym. I could send you some pictures! Even a few with shirts off!! Would that help you?

Make sure you do not go to a coach who tells you your really good when no one has to hold the bag for you. Just a helpful reminder.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I see....Ok how to put this gently...that guy who you called coach and who would insist you change your draws in special ed class when you had an accident? hes a "different" kind of coach. We are talking about a boxing coach who usually works in a gym. I could send you some pictures! Even a few with shirts off!! Would that help you?

Make sure you do not go to a coach who tells you your really good when no one has to hold the bag for you. Just a helpful reminder.
          Next patient...

Comment

Ignoring the last quip.. I accept your sarcastic but chillingly accurate surrender.

And you can have your little Frazier mate and watch him bum his way to the top as many times as you like...

If you want to know how Frazier would fare in any later era.. See Marvis vs Tyson..

The ONLY difference between father and son was that one of them had the fortune of coming up in lb for lb one of the bummest eras of the sport.. And one of them had the misfortune of coming into the dawn of a new age... The age of Tyson!!
            Marvis was a well conditioned athelete who had none of his fathers punching ability and did not beat the competition his dad did as well. If you do not like to accurately access the abilities of fighters from different eras than do not troll in this section. bye

Comment

• i think that the correct response would be to ask "have you ever even been to brockton?"

Comment

• Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                Marvis was a well conditioned athelete who had none of his fathers punching ability and did not beat the competition his dad did as well. If you do not like to accurately access the abilities of fighters from different eras than do not troll in this section. bye
                After you knock off all the bums and cruisers from both records we find Joe Frazier was just as featherfisted as his lad, fully objectively... To be sure, neither man could have broken the surface tension of a pool of water!

MArvis Frazier faced several times better competition than his father and boxers anywhere from 1-several punch classes above what Frazier fought too. Again, this is the reason why he was garbage..

This notion you have that old man Joe foguht better competition is a total fallacy against all the statistical and observable evidence. And it serves as the poisonous soil which allows you to follow up with your next statement about Joe's punching ability...

Obviously if MArvis was allowed to pad up his record with the same weakness of opponents as Joe was allowed, he would have a similar KO ratio..

Unfortunately for MArvis, it was now the 1980's and times were changing.. It was completely unacceptable to be a chinny featherfisted punch bag bum dwarf with no defence anymore like the Frazier's in professional HW boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

Was it because of his training on such a heavy bag? Building extreme isometric strength?

Or was it because he used vertical fists and the jack Dempsey power line on nearly all his punches?

Or both?

Or for other reasons? What are they?
                  A bit of all of the above. You sound relatively up to speed so I'm kind of struggling with why you'd even ask.

Goldman never hid the fact that he had Marciano the the heavy-bag more than anything else. He never hid he had Marciano punch from behind his ass, and he never hid the purity of Marciano's power-line. He never hid the theory behind making Marciano smaller and more powerful than his opposition. That's not really what makes Rock hard to beat, or what's difficult to find when investigating his training. What's a little more rare to get info on is Goldman's training Rock how to sell a big punch. Marciano's phantom punches is what end up destroying his opposition more than anything else. Tire a guy out, wear him down, give him something predicable but grueling, then end him with something he didn't think you were capable of. So I think it's fair to take Marciano's book and what of his training is easily found online at face value for how to build power because I don't think that was ever meant to be a mysterious aspect of him or Goldman.

It's been reported he hit at 925ft-lbs, plenty of bone breaking energy. If you compare that to the muzzle energy of guns, Marciano sits about a hundred or two ft-lbs above a 10mm and below a 5.56 rifle. Marciano quite literally had more power in his fists than a cop does his sidearm.

Marciano is a real destroyer when you plug in quantitative stats and try to run what if's solely off numbers. Even something as simple and easy to understand as the d20 system Marciano is basically a game breaker.

Comment

• elroid......Back to insulting past greats to get attention?
                    Your BS has grown old, no one gives a damn about your posts anymore.
                    We get you need attention, sorry your sadness is pathetic but you are a nasty little turd who could use an azz whippin'!

Carry on jackazz you don't even know when your getting your butt whipped.

nite kids, fishing at 5am tomorrow..............
                    Ray
                    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-21-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

yada yada boosey bop bull****
                      I've read several of your posts in this thread. I find you an interesting character. Is all yer rhetoric opinionative?

Comment

Working...
                      X