Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the **** is this ****?

Comment

• The annoying questions thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        What the **** is this ****?
        If you want to know anything about hiprotation and fleet-footedness, this is the thread to visit!

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          If you want to know anything about hiprotation and fleet-footedness, this is the thread to visit!
          I did read the the title, but "does RJJ have to die before he's considered GOAT?" threw me a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            I did read the the title, but "does RJJ have to die before he's considered GOAT?" threw me a bit.
            We get a little bit of everything here lol.

Comment

• Mike Tyson had a better Jab than Larry Holmes!

Larry had a fast jab, but it wasnt powerful like Listons or Foremans.

Tyson had a jab as fast as Larry's and heavy like Listons!

Granted some of those could be called a cross/long range uppercut, esp when he is square on, but the one at the end was a normal jab and he got a knockdown with it, look how fast AND heavy it was! Look at the size of the man he knocked down!

TYSON GREATEST HW JAB OF ALL TIME! - Alex Kid

TYSONS JAB MAKES LARRY'S JAB LOOK LIKE ALI'S JAB! - AlexKid

AlexKids original insights makes the older users in this history section look like a bunch of ******ed parrots!
              Last edited by AlexKid; 10-20-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Tyson had a very good jab. When used properly his combos were deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                  Tyson had a very good jab. When used properly his combos were deadly.
                  he had the best HW jab ever in terms of technique, its just his genetics ie short arms and height meant he didnt rely on it as much as a more conventional boxer like Larry

Larry didnt x2 it up as well either

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    he had the best HW jab ever in terms of technique, its just his genetics ie short arms and height meant he didnt rely on it as much as a more conventional boxer like Larry

Larry didnt x2 it up as well either
                    Tyson had a great jab but it wasn't diverse. I.e he used it for two things, to pepper his way into getting into range to fire the over hand right or upper usually or just a full blown hard jab thrown with snap and bad intentions like the rest of his punches. The thing what makes Larry's jab different is he used it for so many different occasions, hard jab, stiff jab, range finder, open up guards, came from different angles etc. Tyson did have a great jab though, especially like u said for a little guy. Having said that top 10 best jabs of all time in my opinion came from a 5'5 light heavy/cruiser/fat heavyweight in qawi. What a fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by The_untouchable View Post
                      Tyson had a great jab but it wasn't diverse. I.e he used it for two things, to pepper his way into getting into range to fire the over hand right or upper usually or just a full blown hard jab thrown with snap and bad intentions like the rest of his punches. The thing what makes Larry's jab different is he used it for so many different occasions, hard jab, stiff jab, range finder, open up guards, came from different angles etc. Tyson did have a great jab though, especially like u said for a little guy. Having said that top 10 best jabs of all time in my opinion came from a 5'5 light heavy/cruiser/fat heavyweight in qawi. What a fighter
                      As far as the power and speed is concerned so the actual technique itself rather than its application, Tyson had the best jab ever of any HW. Larry's Jab was weak by comparison and Tysons was just as fast.

Comment

Working...
                      X