Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't say I grew up with Torres, I said I met himk 1975. Can't you read?

Steve was not in Colorado during the Nationals (first tourney for Mike)

He was friends with Cus and ran a few shows in upstate NY.

If you think that Torres was the main spar for Ali your insane. He was 3 years out of boxing!!

Done with you, your a fanboy and their all idiots.
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      I didn't say I grew up with Torres, I said I met himk 1975. Can't you read?

Steve was not in Colorado during the Nationals (first tourney for Mike)

He was friends with Cus and ran a few shows in upstate NY.

If you think that Torres was the main spar for Ali your insane. He was 3 years out of boxing!!

Done with you, your a fanboy and their all idiots.
      Ray
      "Along the way he was an advisor and strategist for Muhammad Ali. D'Amato worked feverishly, during the period Ali was unable to obtain a license to fight, to put together the match with Joe Frazier. Cus also worked in an advisory capacity with Wilfred Benitez, Gerry Cooney, the Hilton Brothers, and Wilt Chamberlain. "

These are facts ray above and Torress was a sparring partner a few years after he retired pro, and you need certain sparring partners for certain fighters, again you claim to be a gym rat however your posts say different. Steve ran shows?lol...yea o.k ray.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Wilt was very strong and athletic...anyone who thinks a guy that size then under the wing of cus Damato is a write off is delusional considering guys like Folley at 6'0 200 pounds and years past their best were top guys then at around the year the match was being talked about. Not sure on beating Ali however cus would have easily made him a top 3 guy with enough time.
        Absolutely stupid. Chamberlain had no chance of becoming a top heavyweight. Based on his height? Look up Ed "too tall" Jones and see how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Absolutely stupid. Chamberlain had no chance of becoming a top heavyweight. Based on his height? Look up Ed "too tall" Jones and see how that turned out.
          Chamberlain had fight skills,athletic and strong...let me guess you think Folley however was an actual top guy in 67 much mnore of a threat than a 7'2 guy with actual power under Cus Damato right? Dunces in bunches today
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-19-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Chamberlain had fight skills,athletic and strong...let me guess you think Folley however was an actual top guy in 67 much mnore of a threat than a 7'2 guy with actual power under Cus Damato right?
            What evidence do you have that Chamberlain had boxing skills? His height? That's beyond ignorant. It takes years of training, repetition, cordination and actual boxing matches to demonstrate skill. Cus Damato was a trainer not a miracle worker.

The fact that you believe a basketball player can jump into boxing in his thirties with no experience and become a "top 3" heavyweight is laughably stupid. If it was that easy every strong 7 foot man in the world would do it. You'll have a hard time finding any intelligent person buying that BS if they know anything about the sport.

Folley would have wiped the floor with Chamberlain in a boxing match.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 11-19-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

What evidence do you have that Chamberlain had boxing skills? His height? That's beyond ignorant. It takes years of training, repetition, cordination and actual boxing matches to demonstrate skill. Cus Damato was a trainer not a miracle worker.

The fact that you believe a basketball player can jump into boxing in his thirties with no experience and become a "top 3" heavyweight is laughably stupid. If it was that easy every strong 7 foot man in the world would do it. You'll have a hard time finding any intelligent person buying that BS if they know anything about the sport.

Folley would have wiped the floor with Chamberlain in a boxing match.
              I have Cus who thought highly of something he saw and Wilt had a few amateur ones under his belt from what I understand. A basketball player of 7'1/7'2 270 plus pounds is far more dangerous than any sub 200 pounder from the 60's era,you just lack the common sense to achknowledge that. Basketball players have endurance/coordination and speed Wilt was one of the best conditioned athletes of all time.With or without fighting exp...would give Ali a better fight than anyone really in the 60's I can think of,if not certainly the time period of 65/67.

Yea sure the 200 pound 6'0 ,ten year out of his prime slow ,average power puncher wipes the floor with a trained athletic giant in Wilt.with also a 98 inch reach...yea sure.....
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-19-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                Who wins in a fight...Hmmmm...The greatest HW boxer that has ever lived or a pro basketball player?

Idk that's a tough one.

Who wins in a basketball game? A HOF boxer or a HOF basketball player?

Green K sent OP for such a thought provoking thread.
                Lool ikr wth kinda thread is this?

Comment

I have Cus who thought highly of something he saw and Wilt had a few amateur ones under his belt from what I understand. A basketball player of 7'1/7'2 270 plus pounds is far more dangerous than any sub 200 pounder from the 60's era,you just lack the common sense to achknowledge that. Basketball players have endurance/coordination and speed Wilt was one of the best conditioned athletes of all time.With or without fighting exp...would give Ali a better fight than anyone really in the 60's I can think of,if not certainly the time period of 65/67.

Yea sure the 200 pound 6'0 ,ten year out of his prime slow ,average power puncher wipes the floor with a trained athletic giant in Wilt.with also a 98 inch reach...yea sure.....
                  Sheer comedic ignorance. ......

Comment

Sheer comedic ignorance. ......
                    Not nearly as ignorant as say ....Tyson avoiding Bowe though...aye?

Comment

If Chamberlain had an amateur career and years of training, sure. He was a terrific athlete. But with just 1 year of boxing training, Zora Foley knocks him the **** out.

Comment

Working...
                      X