No announcement yet.

Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Fury will most likely knock out Wladimir, in a rematch at Wembley Stadium.
    I actually agree with that. Wladimir is done and it's not going to get any better. He should retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Not an amateur sport. If you get paid, you're a professional. And it's been around for centuries, since the days of Pankration in ancient Greece. And boxing was a professional sport way before the '80s as well.
      MMA is relatively new , only been sanctioned since 2002 ... you have to go by what rules are implemented , UFC in 1993 had its own rules however it wasnt a sanctioned pro sport until the athletic commission got involved and forced the rule changes the biggest one enforcing more weight classes.

Wlads biggest fight ever will be a rematch with Fury not Wilder ,one im sure he will win, if not retire !

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Wlad always has a rematch clause! It will be interesting to see if he takes advantage of it, looks like he will right now.

We can see if he can change his style and go after Fury, I doubt it, mostly because fury learned the somewhat atavistic technique of fighting off the back leg...a technique which has somewhat skipped a few generations of heavyweights. Vlad does cover ground with his jab when it is firing, but he would have to hit a moving target, get past a counter with Fury's low held hand, and move foward without clinching after throwing, doubling, or even tripling up the jab.
        Timing the distance is all Wlad needs to do ,if anything be more aggressive .....what he basically has is a well schooled giant with huge reach .I dont buy into it for one second on one fight that Fury has figured him out ,if Wlad goes at him it will be a different outcome the last rnd showed that ,he simply has to fight from the opening bell....will he is another question ?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          MMA is relatively new , only been sanctioned since 2002 ... you have to go by what rules are implemented , UFC in 1993 had its own rules however it wasnt a sanctioned pro sport until the athletic commission got involved and forced the rule changes the biggest one enforcing more weight classes.

Wlads biggest fight ever will be a rematch with Fury not Wilder ,one im sure he will win, if not retire !
          I do think that will be Wladimir's last fight though.

His "Rocky" moment

Continuing will only lead to more losses eventually.

Comment

There are actually Gifs on line that show Ali's remarkable refelexes. There is a gif of Foreman punching at Ali while being evaded that is remarkable, there is another one with Cleveland Williams where ali demonstrates incredible reflex actions. Its documented. Then there is anecdotal evidence...men who sparred with Ali that talk about his super human reflex actions.

if you actually looked at the research, you could make some factual statements and you would find that Ali was talked about by many in the community, including the martial arts community BTW, people like Henry Chung in New York City and George Dillman, to name a few.
            It's this sort of thing that confuses the general public. They are TOLD "Ali had great reflexes" and ten SHOWN compilations of the best moments of his career where he actually evaded some punches. Even though most times he was out of range anyway or the opponent was slow and/or short.

Of course the TRUTH comes from watching Ali's complete fights...

We then see the unveiling of one of the biggest human punch bags in history, leaving little doubt as to why he developed early onset Parkinson's.

Similarly if you watched Wlad's "lowlight" reels of him getting KOed, you'd get the impression he was nothing, yet when you watch the total fights you see an almost flawless display of boxing even in the losing fights.

And mentioning Cleveland Williams as some kkind of evidence really. The man was shot in the stomach and had half his intestines and pelvic organs removed. He had a leg that was badly atrophied to a twig and visibly "limped" to the ring.

Undeniably one of the lowest points in HW history, If I were you, I'd be trying to cover that up, not mention it!

Comment

There are actually Gifs on line that show Ali's remarkable refelexes. There is a gif of Foreman punching at Ali while being evaded that is remarkable, there is another one with Cleveland Williams where ali demonstrates incredible reflex actions. Its documented. Then there is anecdotal evidence...men who sparred with Ali that talk about his super human reflex actions.

if you actually looked at the research, you could make some factual statements and you would find that Ali was talked about by many in the community, including the martial arts community BTW, people like Henry Chung in New York City and George Dillman, to name a few.
              Wasn't Dillman the guy was was big on pressure point fighting or something? I remember reading about him in Black Belt. People were saying that if his style was as effective as he claimed, he should have entered a UFC tournament at the time.

Comment

Yup. Probably so.
                He should definitely retire if that happens then. If you watch the Klitschko documentary from a few years ago, it's even mentioned that retirement was suggested after his 3rd loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I actually agree with that. Wladimir is done and it's not going to get any better. He should retire.
                  I wish more fighters would leave on top for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    T-bear, I propose that I only put as much emphasis on SIZE as it is important and no further.

Let me ask you something, what is it that enabled Ali to win most of his fights?

You'll answer with many things, some factual, some fictional but you'd probably neglect TWO of the MOST IMPORTANT reasons!!

That Muhammad Ali outweighed 70% of his opponents

And that he OUT-TALLED almost ALL of them!

Take away Ali's size, paint him white, and he is Jerry Quarry.
                    Your wrong, your wrong in almost every single post you make on this forum.

Did Muhammad Ali "OUT-TALL" as you call it:-

Chuck Wepner?
                    Joe Bugner twice?
                    Ernie Terrell?
                    Cleveland Williams?
                    Ken Norton thrice?
                    Larry Holmes?
                    Richard Dunn?
                    Ron Lyle?
                    George Foreman?
                    Bob Foster?
                    Alvin Blue' Lewis?
                    Mac Foster?
                    Buster Mathis?
                    Alejandro Lavoranti?
                    Billy Daniels?
                    Duke Sabedong?
                    Tony Esperti?
                    Herb Siler?
                    Tunney Hunsaker?

Muhammad Ali was taller than Jerry Quarry, yet Quarry excelled against taller fighters. He handed Ron Lyle & Mac Foster their first pro defeats. Quarry hammered Buster Mathis and beat Tony Alongi, who were both far taller and bigger than Quarry.. Size is a negative not a positive. Muhammad Ali beat his opponents with boxing ability not size.

Lennox Lewis was far taller and heavier, than the two journeymen who knocked him out.

The argument you have put forward for Wilt Chamberlain is laughable.

Are you denying Muhammad Ali shouted TIMBER

and Chamberlain turned yellow?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Yeah, but it's still a pro sport. And yes, that will be his biggest fight, but Wilder will be big as well. Oh yeah and Bleacher Report today mentioned Fury possibly being stripped if he doesn't fight Haye next: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ampaign=boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X