80.77%
    Lennox Lewis
    19.23%

The poll is expired.

On this site Lewis will win the poll ... LOL

Comment

This is a ****ing stupid thread!

OBviouly LEnnox is better overall!

But obviously Holyfield is better lb for lb!

LEnnox could never fight in the cruiser division however and Holyfield's HW record is only 26-10.

They are different specimens, coming from different angles, where they happen to converge in a regime of HW boxing that produced a rather competitive match up.

Comment

Holyfield, of course, a better heavyweight, better p4p, 2 time undisputed champ across 2 divisions, what more do you want?

Comment

p4p Evanders skills translate to any weight division, Lennox does not.
          Evander is a more complete boxer and has far more experience than Lennox.
          Lennox is the typical one dimentional big man who has limited defensive talent
          and has basic offensive skills. Just a big strong guy who needs to move forward or he's in trouble.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            p4p Evanders skills translate to any weight division, Lennox does not.
            Evander is a more complete boxer and has far more experience than Lennox.
            Lennox is the typical one dimentional big man who has limited defensive talent
            and has basic offensive skills. Just a big strong guy who needs to move forward or he's in trouble.

Ray
            In one of those rare moments I agree with the first part of your post which was based on fact, but then you transitioned into nutbaggery.

You were so close to completing a rational post but some in built self destruct mechanism prevented you from sensibility.

Lennox is obviously a better overall "HW" boxer.

Comment

Its not close....I think Lewis is an excellent heavyweight who showed a way to keep the young lions off and to never flinch when asked to fight a new favorite by the fans. My hat goes off to lewis. At times I consider him, in, or out of a top heavyweight list....depending on which way the wind blows.

Holyfield fought the best in two divisions. If we consider his competition equal to lewis with the exception of Tyson (get to why in a moment) this is what happens: Holy and Lewis both fought solid comp at heavy, Holy fought solid comp as a cruiser/lighheavy...whatever!

Now this is where just off resume Holy jumps ahead. Lewis was about a 2 to 1 against Razor Ruddock, HOLYFIELD was a major underdog against Tyson. People will talk down Tyson's condition for that fight, but Mike still had his moxy and psychologically was still forcing most opponents to flinch before the fight. Holy dominated him with technique. This was in the stratosphere of the Ali Liston odds actually to many.

Lewis was damn good Holly was better.

Comment

Holyfield all day.

Comment

I gotta go with Holyfield but I don't think it's as trivial a decision as others think it is.

Comment

Evander by a landslide...

He was the undisputed GOAT cruiser, and an old faded evander well past his prime, gave lennox hell...

Lennox was a giant with good skills,, but prime Evander 86-92 was a notch above

Comment

Working...
                    X