No announcement yet.

The ring magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    According to BoxRec six non-boxers have been on the cover – Senator James J. Walker, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, Howard Cosell, Robert De Niro and Don King.

You have all covers (1922-2015) here:
    http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...e_Covers:_1922
    Surprised that Cathy "Cat" Davis is the only female boxer to grace the cover, considering she only had 11 pro fights and considering the popularity of Mia St. John, Christy Martin and Laila Ali and the great skill of Lucia Rijker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Surprised that Cathy "Cat" Davis is the only female boxer to grace the cover, considering she only had 11 pro fights and considering the popularity of Mia St. John, Christy Martin and Laila Ali and the great skill of Lucia Rijker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Surprised that Cathy "Cat" Davis is the only female boxer to grace the cover
        Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        I think I mentioned it before, but the cover of Cathy Davis in 1978 is propably the most controversial one in the magazine’s history. A lot of Ring readers weren’t ready for female boxing and abandoned the mag. (To be honest, Davis hadn’t accomplished that much in her career.)

Today, I find a lot of women match-ups more intriguing than what the guys have to offer. The outcome is often more unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Wants to feature the women more? It's about damn time, especially with women's boxing being added to the summer Olympics in 2012. I hope that means they'll feature Claressa Shields after she turns pro following the 2016 Olympics, which is the current rumor on her. Maybe even get to see some Marlen Esparza fights.

Comment

Unpredictable and more exciting. They really seem to bring it, from what I've watched of women's boxing. That's what I love about women's MMA these days too, there's seems to be a lot more desire and determination.

Comment

Working...
            X