No announcement yet.

The ring magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ring magazine

I have over 500 of the ring magazine from 1948 - 2009.
    What is the best place to sell them.

Originally posted by Colsbargains70 View Post
    Some years ago, I had a huge collection of The Ring, which I gave away when moving to a smaller apartment.

Any regrets? Yes!

If you have over 500 magazines from 1948-2009, there ain't any "best place to sell them".
    You keep 'em and care for them tenderly!

Comment

Originally posted by Colsbargains70 View Post
      The first place I would look into would be eBay. But make sure you have estimated the shipping fees factored into it.

Comment

Some guys have all the luck :l
        I'd treat those like my baby, unless you're hard on cash in which I couldn't really blame you for. Whatever the case, you're going to have to live with the decision for the rest of your life.

Comment

Ebay sounds like a good suggestion. I subscribed to the the Ring and every other magazine out there from the 80's thru 2006. I saved every one of them but haven't ever thought of selling them.

Comment

You can always donate them to me

Comment

Speaking of The Ring, I saw an article that said they're putting Ronda Rousey on the cover. Kind of a strange choice, since she's not a boxer, no? Have The Ring ever put any other non boxers on the cover? I read they put a female boxer on the cover in the '80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Have The Ring ever put any other non boxers on the cover?
                According to BoxRec six non-boxers have been on the cover – Senator James J. Walker, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, Howard Cosell, Robert De Niro and Don King.

You have all covers (1922-2015) here:
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...e_Covers:_1922

Comment

Do not sell them unless you truly have to.

Hard times are upon us but surely not that hard ffs!!!

Hand them down to your grandkids and let them deal with the hard decision.

Comment

For sure Ebay if you are gonna sell them. Definitely calculate fees into your prices as someone else said (believe they can be up to 13% via ebay + paypal). Might find someone offline that'll pay less, but after online fees + shipping its more in your bank account.

At this point I think I'd be compelled to keep them doe. I feel like we are extremely close to the end of the magazine era & as that era comes to a close my assumption would be these mags would only go up in value. Idk how much prices could go up with something like that as a potential reality, but I think I think I'd look more into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X