Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Bowe did not fight top ranked guys unless you consider Tubbs in the 90's a good win? Vitali beat prime opponents who were RANKED.Trying to tell me Bowes resume is better is as foolish as it gets.Vitali was never the champ huh? Is Golota better than Lewis or did I miss something
    Name vitali's best win and then name bowe's best win

Comment

Bowe won the undisputed heavyweight title against an undefeated atg in Holyfield. Vitali won only a piece of an abc title over... I forgot! No comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        tough one to call. bowe had the better name in holyfield on his resume but vitali had a handful of defenses at an advanced age unlike bowe. I differ on what most think and thats that vitali would have stopped bowe had they met prime for prime. bowe was more skilled but his defense was leaky and his laziness would become evident as vitali would have worn him down in the end. holyfield just didnt have enough size to do it the first time. if bowe wasnt so lazy he could have gone down with the all time greats but he squandered his talent. vitali was always in shape and he would have outlasted bowe but resume wise its close
        Well said...

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
          Bowe won the undisputed heavyweight title against an undefeated atg in Holyfield. Vitali won only a piece of an abc title over... I forgot! No comparison.
          bowe had no longevity at all tho. all he really had was holyfield and vitali was 37 coming off a long layoff and defended several times. vitali's resume is admittedly weak but so is bowe's. I could see an argument either way

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Name vitali's best win and then name bowe's best win
            So two wins and one loss with Holyfield vs multiple title defenses for Vitali ,give Bowe the edge?

Of course you do have the Golota WINS on DQ ,where Bowe was mugged!

How anyone is going to put any HW Who avoids top big ones over one of the most dominant fighters ever is mind boggling ,but that doesn't shock me here,im kind of used to it by now !
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-03-2015, 05:12 AM.

Comment

In my own personal list, found here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=659057

I have Vitali at 15 and Bowe at 19.

Tbh, there isn't much between the two. Both were bog and skilled but Bowe had that iconic win whereas Vitali has an iconic loss. But Vitali manages to save that by having a sustained time at the top, which is why I ranked him higher, whereas Bowe never reached those heights against apart from a repeat victory over Holy.

Comment

The names on Bowe's resume are so bad, you can barely tell what era the guy fought in, Holyfield being the one lone exception.

Early 90s was STACKED: Douglas, Mercer, Holmes, Morrison, Lennox, Bruno, Ruddock, moorer, Tucker, foreman, Tyson,

^^^even an average 90s fighter is gonna end up facing at least one of those guys by Mistake or sheer happenstance, Bowe didn't fight a damn single one! It's insane how he earned all those Holyfield fights without ever digging into the meat of the division.

Yes, His best win is far greater than Vitalis best win. but Vitali's resume #2-#10 absolutely crushes Bowe. So overall it's a toss up IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  The names on Bowe's resume are so bad, you can barely tell what era the guy fought in, Holyfield being the one lone exception.

Early 90s was STACKED: Douglas, Mercer, Holmes, Morrison, Lennox, Bruno, Ruddock, moorer, Tucker, foreman, Tyson,

^^^even an average 90s fighter is gonna end up facing at least one of those guys by Mistake or sheer happenstance, Bowe didn't fight a damn single one! It's insane how he earned all those Holyfield fights without ever digging into the meat of the division.

Yes, His best win is far greater than Vitalis best win. but Vitali's resume #2-#10 absolutely crushes Bowe. So overall it's a toss up IMO
                  Bowe of 92 would knock out every one of those fighters you list.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post

As would Lennox then?You did say Lewis was better than Bowe,on the other thread,now you are saying the opposite in away because you have some of those guys beating Lewis? If you are including those wins that Bowe CAN win though its unproven,then Lewis would win as well,no? I don't really buy into a fighter if hes only good for ONE year and peaked,its hollow and Bowe is not proven against bigger HW's Tubbs again took him the distance"NOT IN HIS PRIME" and gave him a hard time.
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-03-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post

Golota gave him problems...Golota. I swear Bowe was a severe chicken who ducked the entire 1990s with the exception of 215 lb holyfield. I wanna see him with, Mercer, Morrison, hell.. why not fight Tyson? Bowe ducked an entire ****ing decade of fighters, so its no surprise to me at all that he ducked Lennox as well...and yes he did duck him...

In evanders own words...Bowe Ducked Lennox

Comment

Working...
                      X