Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rid**** Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    If you want to see the difference between Klitschkos, watch the Sam Peter fights (vitali 2008) & (Wladimir 2010) Vitali landed at nearly double the connect percentage as his little brother, basically hitting Peter at will, forcing him to RTD in 8. Wladimir goes10 rounds with him 2 years later.

Vitali was extremely dominant in all his victories, I don't think he has loss 6 honest rounds in his entire 40+ fight career...that has to be a record of some sort. His +- ratio is insanely ridiculous, on a mayweather level, except at heavyweight!

Wladimir has the hof resume but anyone who watched both fight will know Big Bro was far more dominant.
    I frankly never understood how Vlad was thought of as better. Vitali definitely has a chin, he didn't falter and...he was much stronger against Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      I frankly never understood how Vlad was thought of as better. Vitali definitely has a chin, he didn't falter and...he was much stronger against Peter.
      It comes and goes about which brother is better..

Coming out of the Olympics- wlad was considered better pro prospect because he was much more athletic..

But then the purritty fight happened and vitali won a belt off herbie and became known as better than wlad

Then vitali lost to byrd and wlad dominated byrd and wlad reclaimed the throne

Then wlad got beat by sanders n brewster and vitali had a war with lennox and stopped sanders and became considered the best..

Then vitali retired and wlad for the past decade has stayed active and champion and by far has surpassed vitali in terms of resume..

I still think vitali is better h2h

Comment

.............."Big Bro was far more dominant."...........

Chris Byrd and Lennox are the best fighters Vitali fought, not to good!
        Brewster & Sanders stop Wlad as under dogs, not to good!
        So Ross Purity is the deciding factor for the Brothers? hahahaha
        Maybe Chris Byrd who couldn't break broken eggs? Seriously?

Try to consider the reality that these two men haven't fought ANYONE
        with top flight credentials.
        Were they dominant over all? Yes!
        Was their competition high level? NO!
        Look at their skill levels the jab, combinations, movement, defense, ring generalship, willingness, able to adapt? Threy have some of these qualities but they do nothing at a high level.
        Skills and techniques are taught, they know very little. Manny taught Wlad how to stay out of trouble and fight tall. The reason is valid, chin isn't there. Just watch him when he gets hit by minimal shots, he has panic in his eyes.

I give both their props for being in good shape and trying their best but their best isn't great when you compare their skills to past greats.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          vitali has the better chin and is more unpredictable with his combinations and movement but wlad has a much better jab/hook and is the far more sharper puncher. vitali does better against certain styles espescially sluggers while wlad does better against the slicker quicker guys such as chris byrd. im still one of the few that think wlad would have stopped vitali in a head to head matchup but at least good veteran trainors like tommy brooks and freddy roach agree with me on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            .............."Big Bro was far more dominant."...........

Chris Byrd and Lennox are the best fighters Vitali fought, not to good!
            Brewster & Sanders stop Wlad as under dogs, not to good!
            So Ross Purity is the deciding factor for the Brothers? hahahaha
            Maybe Chris Byrd who couldn't break broken eggs? Seriously?

Try to consider the reality that these two men haven't fought ANYONE
            with top flight credentials.
            Were they dominant over all? Yes!
            Was their competition high level? NO!
            Look at their skill levels the jab, combinations, movement, defense, ring generalship, willingness, able to adapt? Threy have some of these qualities but they do nothing at a high level.
            Skills and techniques are taught, they know very little. Manny taught Wlad how to stay out of trouble and fight tall. The reason is valid, chin isn't there. Just watch him when he gets hit by minimal shots, he has panic in his eyes.

I give both their props for being in good shape and trying their best but their best isn't great when you compare their skills to past greats.

Ray
            You will remember "Charles Atlas" Ray because you are closer to my generation! So in essence what you are saying is we are scouting talent for the local weight lifting contest and we come upon two ninety eight pound weaklings getting sand kicked in the face...and we are deciding on which one has the better lats.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              The names on Bowe's resume are so bad, you can barely tell what era the guy fought in, Holyfield being the one lone exception.

Early 90s was STACKED: Douglas, Mercer, Holmes, Morrison, Lennox, Bruno, Ruddock, moorer, Tucker, foreman, Tyson,

^^^even an average 90s fighter is gonna end up facing at least one of those guys by Mistake or sheer happenstance, Bowe didn't fight a damn single one! It's insane how he earned all those Holyfield fights without ever digging into the meat of the division.

Yes, His best win is far greater than Vitalis best win. but Vitali's resume #2-#10 absolutely crushes Bowe. So overall it's a toss up IMO
              tbf, Bowe didnt just get in the ring with holy, he beat him..twice.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Bowe never fought Morrison...rumor has it he sparred him twice and quit because Bowe couldn't take his body punches and walked out of the ring,this is confirmed by a close friend to the Morrisons on you tube. I don't believe he fought Briggs or Cooper either.
                Morrison was not allowed fight Bowe by his promoter.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-06-...1_rid****-bowe

Vitali's resume is absolute garbage. And he lost his biggest fight. Bowe won his.

Vitali's best wins Arroela and Peter were barley as good as Jesse Furguson.

Bowe had to fight Ferguson after he beat Ray Mercer in an eliminator . Mercer also was better than Arrolea and Peter.

Donald was prime and undefeated with Bowe shut him out. He was a very good mover in the early 90's. His legs were gone against Vitali 8 years later and he had already picked up a loss to Kirk Johnson.
                Bowe has a win against a top ATG in his prime and thats a rarity in HW boxing.

Its laughable to suggest Vitali has a better CV.

Comment

honestly Golata 96, that bowe fought twice is probably better fighter than anyone vital beat

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    honestly Golata 96, that bowe fought twice is probably better fighter than anyone vital beat
                    I have no problem with thinking that bowe has better wins as some here do, but it beehoves one as critical thinkers to move past the refs decisions regarding these fights.

Bowe did not really Beat Golata. Those fights are probably best forgotten and never thought of again, except as a birth control method....To my mind if I saw a 25 year old Rachel Welch naked and it was no touch? I would take a cold shower while watching Golata pound Bowe in the bellend!!

Also, I am strictly in the camp stating that Vitali lost to Lewis and that Lewis was getting stronger. But it is fair to say that Vitali lost this as a close fight, and that Bowe won close fights from Holly (the two he won), so both guys essentially fought well against ATG/Borderline ATG comp (depending on how you feel about both guys).

Beyond that I have had some problems finding info on who Bowe fought...Some people say he fought Donald some say he didn't and Wiki says he fought morrison! Thank you Juggy for correcting me on these...BUT while both guys seem to have fought a similar amount of fights, Bowe fought a few more when he was not at his best, so Vitali was more consistant.

Of course Bowe fought better comp...

Comment

Originally posted by Burt Saxby View Post
                      Morrison was not allowed fight Bowe by his promoter.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-06-...1_rid****-bowe

Vitali's resume is absolute garbage. And he lost his biggest fight. Bowe won his.

Vitali's best wins Arroela and Peter were barley as good as Jesse Furguson.

Bowe had to fight Ferguson after he beat Ray Mercer in an eliminator . Mercer also was better than Arrolea and Peter.

Donald was prime and undefeated with Bowe shut him out. He was a very good mover in the early 90's. His legs were gone against Vitali 8 years later and he had already picked up a loss to Kirk Johnson.
                      Bowe has a win against a top ATG in his prime and thats a rarity in HW boxing.

Its laughable to suggest Vitali has a better CV.
                      im not sure on the promotion ,however you clearly do not know what constiturtes a better resume as anyone who voted for Bowe is included by obvious bias judgement....no one would ever have a better resume who fought only ONE top level HW of his era,the list is there for all to see in the early/mid 90's that Bowe avoided...the end!

the better question is why Bowe turned down a fight with Ruddock in replacement on a free fight worth usa network? This is the guy you are trying to sell over a guy never down or behind in a fight.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-04-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X