Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, but this boxers were /are incredibly overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, back in the day I wasted too much of my mental energy and WAY too much of my time going round and round with morons and douchebags. I'm not phucking doing it anymore. This is a whole new Poet. I really don't give a shlt what anyone thinks of me anymore. I post what I think: If someone likes it, great! If someone doesn't, they can phuck off and die. The wasting my time on trying to talk sense to nuthuggers and engaging in flamewars with azzholes are over. I'm not doing it. If someone wants to start shlt with me, I'll give them one chance to back their azz off, then I'll make them disappear. Now bigots and/or racists and fascists are automatic: I'll make them disappear the moment I see them. Don't like this post? Too phucking bad. I know who my friends are, and I'll find out real quick who my friends aren't and I'll deal with them accordingly.
    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post

Oh! So you say you need help phucking off like instructed? Say no more! Boom! You're officially out of my sight. Toodles, Sweetie
      Bravo bravo...a hero...Although to think you could help anyone to do anything, when you can't help yourself.....poor deluded crapper...Usually cretins are good natured, but you must be an exception..

I've met a lot of "crumbs", in the boxing game, but you are a whole loaf ...just obviously missing a few slices. Not your fault , blame it on your ancestors' too close inter-marriages...if they ever were married. And you shouldn't let your tongue hang out loosely and dripping, like that, it might be inferred that you are...well you know what...!

Maybe that's too subtle for you. So creep off and don't fall in.
      Last edited by edgarg; 02-17-2022, 08:37 PM. Reason: I changed moron to cretin..'though it's the same difference Just sounded more suitable to the subject-let's say.object..

Comment

• I thought I told you two to stop? Don't make me pull this car over and come back there, because I will and you'll both be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
          I thought I told you two to stop? Don't make me pull this car over and come back there, because I will and you'll both be sorry.
          Oh he's ignored. He can prattle on and I won't see shlt

Comment

• Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post

Oh he's ignored. He can prattle on and I won't see shlt
            - - Oh, no, U looking at U shlt by U lonesome all day long...pricelessssss!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              To be overrated, there has to be a large contingent of fans, media or colleagues who place you on some mythical pedestal without truly breaking down their career and accomplishments.

Ali, Mayweather and Hopkins top my list of most overrated. That doesn't mean I don't acknowledge their talents. They are talented fighters in their respective divisions, but their resumes, skills and accomplishments don't measure up to the credit and praise they are given by fans, some media members and themselves.

Ali was a media sensation. Love him or hate him he got ratings, put asses in seats and really stirred things up. He came along at a time when boxing's popularity was waning. He was a good fighter but not great. He did a lot of things wrong in the ring...fought with hands at his sides, leaned back from punches, rarely through body punches, dropped his right to far when throwing an uppercut, etc. But, he was big and fast for a HW and he could get away with using his reflexes, footwork and speed against slower, lumbering HWs. He also fought a lot of opponents who were much smaller. He was a big HW and had clear size advantages over opponents such as Patterson, Moore, Jones, Cooper, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bonavena, Blin, Coopman, Foster just to name a few. He was the beneficiary of two fixes versus Liston, got gifts against Jones, Norton, Young, and Shavers.

Hopkins hid out at 160 so he could pad his record and break Monzon's title defense streak at 160. Fought guys like Robert Allen three times and a bunch of long forgotten never-was no-hopers, never fought overseas to face Benn, Collins, Calzaghe or Eubank, his biggest wins came over blown up WW in Tito and DLH. His best career win was Tarver. But, he fought into and beyond middle age and the media gave him accolades for competing at such an advanced age. He stunk it up in the rematch with Jones trying to draw fouls and hoping for a DQ win with his acting antics. He was dirty, somewhat boring and his reign at 160 has a lot of holes. He avoided the move to 168 so he wouldn't have to face a prime Jones in a rematch or James Toney.

Mayweather is the ultimate smoke and mirrors champion. Never fought one ELITE level fighter in their prime or at their best. Waited out opponents until they weren't at their best, retired when things got hot at 147, and admitted that he avoided Pacquiao in his prime by "marinating" the fight for a few years in order to make it a bigger PPV success. Had JMM come up two weight classes for a catch weight he demanded, then doesn't make weight. Rarely fought guys bigger than him and always put them at a disadvantage so they wouldn't be at their best. Similar to Ali, he chants he is TBE to the casual media and the moniker sticks among his fans and non-boxing sportswriters. He has created this era of money first, titles second, and cherry-picking in order to preserve that "0" that is ever so popular today. He got gifts versus Castillo I, DLH and Maidana I.

Let the hate flow, I can already hear the angry fingers on the keyboards typing up hostile replies. Ha!

Agreed, Coming back to this as it's been bumped, and there's plenty more details that can be added to these three individuals.

GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

• Comment

• So much exaggerated bull crap regarding Marciano. He was one armed Frazier’s superior by a mile and Joe gave Ali hell for three bouts. Watch the following video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cyYjsLtLc

Comment

• I've got Olympic gold medalist Joe Frazier over Marciano, who he would have had a15-20 lbs weight advantage over.

Only two people ever beat Frazier in the pro ranks, Muhammad Ali and George Foreman. And only Foreman could say he was superior by a mile.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-24-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      I've got Olympic gold medalist Joe Frazier over Marciano, who he would have had a15-20 lbs weight advantage over.

Only two people ever beat Frazier in the pro ranks, Muhammad Ali and George Foreman. And only Foreman could say he was superior by a mile.
                      Weight difference is meaningless. Joe only had his hook. He completely lacked left to right hand coordination. Frazier was the only heavyweight champion to never knock an opponent down with his right hand. Joe although had quick hands his feet were very slow. He would tend to languish at distance rather than quickly move in close.

Aside from two fisted punching superiority Marciano had a much more varied defense than Frazier. The video I posted illustrates this nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X