No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    I have never read of Lewis taking steroids before the Ruddock fight. However after Lewis lost to McCall in 94 there was speculation that he was 'juicing`...Lewis physique from around 97-2003 looks like he is juicing.

More speculation with no basis in reality what-so-ever. As a matter of fact plain wrong. Holyfield looked juiced, Lewis did not. Now....that does not mean Lewis categorically did not do steriods, toney took a substance as well and was not roided up. What it does mean is that the characteristics of a steroid user are such that Lewis hardly looked like a man using them.

http://www.pwnfitness.com/how-spot-steroid-user/

I can't put in images of lewis but if one googles his name and looks at the pics one can very plainly see that he has gained weight over time, his physique have none of the charcteristics....no development, no tit sag, Lewis looks like a guy who has gained some weight over the years and nothing else.

If anyone wants to tell me how to put images in I will show the images and compare them to Holyfield for example.

Comment

• - Just an reminder for those discussing in this thread -

Assumptions over time mistakenly can become known as facts.

So;

Challenging assumptions or facts is good.

Responding to challenges over assumptions or facts is good.

Those assumptions and facts are separate from the person stating them.

--

Try not to get personal.

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        - Just an reminder for those discussing in this thread -

Assumptions over time mistakenly can become known as facts.

So;

Challenging assumptions or facts is good.

Responding to challenges over assumptions or facts is good.

Those assumptions and facts are separate from the person stating them.

--

Try not to get personal.
        There is a real danger here when rumors do a great disservice to a fighter. For years people believed, as I was told as a kid, that Max Schmelling was a Nazi sympathiser. It turns out that Max fought reluctantly for Hitler and in fact, while still branded a Nazi by many fight fans, he was helping his dear friend Louis with financial problems.

Point being I would take heed of Joe and the Bums words.

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post

WBC

The WBC reaffirms position that winner of Holyfield-Bowe must agree terms with winner of Lewis-Ruddock within thirty days - failure to do so would lead to the title being stripped.
          Quite refreshing to see actual facts presented in this thread rather than the punch drunk-ramblings of a barely audible bowe trying to save face for a duck he committed 20 years ago.

Comment

The guy who was 40/1 who defeated Tyson in one of the most titanic battles of modern times, also hammered Oliver McCall from pillar to post prior to McCall poleaxing Lewis.
            And also got stopped by Tony Tucker, who only held a piece of the title. Doesn't change the fact that this is the same thing, Tyson lost to an opponent that was never that great a fighter just as Lewis did. Nobody considers Douglas an all time great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              And also got stopped by Tony Tucker, who only held a piece of the title. Doesn't change the fact that this is the same thing, Tyson lost to an opponent that was never that great a fighter just as Lewis did. Nobody considers Douglas an all time great.
              Maybe you should start a thread titled, "Buster Douglas was not a good fighter"...
              Douglas is regarded by almost every fighter who he ever fought, as the best that fighter ever faced. I have around 15 fights on film of Buster Douglas and he was incredible. Douglas had one of the greatest jabs in history, Bus knocked opponents to the canvas with his jab. Douglas defeat of Tyson was the opposite to Lewis two defeats to Journeymen fighters. Lewis was twice one-punched KOd. The referee who counted him out in Africa, could have counted to 30 or more. Tyson on the other hand, took a titanic shellacking from Douglas for 10rds before sucumbing to the onslaught... Douglas was a vastly superior fighter in ever department, than Rahman or McCall. His odds of 40/1 only go to show just how invincible Mike Tyson was thought to be at that time in his career. Even 12yrs later after spending over 4yrs incarcerated, being twice knocked out by Holyfield and battling drug-addiction. Mike Tyson still went off short odds to defeat Lennox Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Quite refreshing to see actual facts presented in this thread rather than the punch drunk-ramblings of a barely audible bowe trying to save face for a duck he committed 20 years ago.
                Are you claiming Riddick Bowe was telling lies?

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  There is a real danger here when rumors do a great disservice to a fighter. For years people believed, as I was told as a kid, that Max Schmelling was a Nazi sympathiser. It turns out that Max fought reluctantly for Hitler and in fact, while still branded a Nazi by many fight fans, he was helping his dear friend Louis with financial problems.

Point being I would take heed of Joe and the Bums words.
                  So Holyfield was juicing yet Lewis was not. Is that what you are claiming? lol

Comment

Maybe you should start a thread titled, "Buster Douglas was not a good fighter"...
                    Douglas is regarded by almost every fighter who he ever fought, as the best that fighter ever faced. I have around 15 fights on film of Buster Douglas and he was incredible. Douglas had one of the greatest jabs in history, Bus knocked opponents to the canvas with his jab. Douglas defeat of Tyson was the opposite to Lewis two defeats to Journeymen fighters. Lewis was twice one-punched KOd. The referee who counted him out in Africa, could have counted to 30 or more. Tyson on the other hand, took a titanic shellacking from Douglas for 10rds before sucumbing to the onslaught... Douglas was a vastly superior fighter in ever department, than Rahman or McCall. His odds of 40/1 only go to show just how invincible Mike Tyson was thought to be at that time in his career. Even 12yrs later after spending over 4yrs incarcerated, being twice knocked out by Holyfield and battling drug-addiction. Mike Tyson still went off short odds to defeat Lennox Lewis.
                    Tyson was not the favorite against Lewis!Thats the first fight actually he was the underdog in his entire career.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Tyson was not the favorite against Lewis!Thats the first fight actually he was the underdog in his entire career.
                      When did i state Tyson was the favourite?

Comment

Working...
                      X