Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was the hardest hitting light heavey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Agreed on Moorer. Very talented fighter

Foster was the most dominant puncher of the group mentioned.
    won't argue against Foster too much, man had huge balls too. He went up and faced Ali and Frazier, it'd be like Kovalev going up and facing Wlad and ...well yeah Wlad.

Comment

Bob Foster is the hardest punching lightheavy in my lifetime. Killer power and terrific timing. Michael Moorer beat the worst bunch of lightheavies ever and can't be taken seriously.

It's too soon to tell, but Kovalev is worth keeping an eye on. He obviously has very heavy hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Bob Foster is the hardest punching lightheavy in my lifetime. Killer power and terrific timing. Michael Moorer beat the worst bunch of lightheavies ever and can't be taken seriously.

It's too soon to tell, but Kovalev is worth keeping an eye on. He obviously has very heavy hands.
        Moorer has incredibly good technical ability and he did redeem himself against holyfield, i know because I won a whole bunch of money on that fight haha. Sometimes competition is not a good test for ability. Moorer also had "gym cred" i.e. at Kronk's he was very well regarded.

And while i might disagree that his comp should take him out of the running, i do agree his comp is a mark against him.

Comment

Moorer has incredibly good technical ability and he did redeem himself against holyfield, i know because I won a whole bunch of money on that fight haha. Sometimes competition is not a good test for ability. Moorer also had "gym cred" i.e. at Kronk's he was very well regarded.

And while i might disagree that his comp should take him out of the running, i do agree his comp is a mark against him.
          Moorer was a very good fighter and he has a respectable resume at heavyweight. But I was speaking strictly about power and it is more than the weight gain (Moorer starved himself to make 175) that showed his power was average at best for a top heavyweight. If he had fought decent competition at 175 his power wouldn't be mentioned with Foster, Spinks, Moore, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Let's not forget Michael Moorer, the guy won a title in his 12th fight and destroyed everyone in his way. Yeah he is known for his heavyweight run but the guy was a killer puncher at 175, sadly he never got a marquee fight there.
            Agreed on Moorer. Very talented fighter

Foster was the most dominant puncher of the group mentioned.
            Michael Moorer was a good puncher at LHW. Only thing is, he didn't beat anyone.

The obvious answer is Bob Foster.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Might end up being Kovalev in a decade or so, when it's all said and done. The guy is going through and is willing to fight everyone. I'm kind of hoping Stevenson has an upset loss so Kovalev can beat that guy and unify the title.
              I like Kovalev's power at LHW too. Definitely one of the hardest I've seen.

I just think his power is more clubbing and not explosive.

Explosive power is always harder in my opinion.

Comment

If I had to pick one it would be Foster.

Comment

I would go with Saad Muhammad before Moorer. He had game changing power in both hands and knocked out top fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    I would go with Saad Muhammad before Moorer. He had game changing power in both hands and knocked out top fighters.
                    That's true. Good pick and good fighter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Moorer was a very good fighter and he has a respectable resume at heavyweight. But I was speaking strictly about power and it is more than the weight gain (Moorer starved himself to make 175) that showed his power was average at best for a top heavyweight. If he had fought decent competition at 175 his power wouldn't be mentioned with Foster, Spinks, Moore, etc.
                      I think one punch power at light heavyweight goes to foster hands down but moorer was a damn beast at that weight altho admitedly the opposition was weak. unlike moorer,, foster didnt have a thick enough frame to absorb a heavyweight shot and he was cannon fodder at that weight. moorer was one of the biggest light heavyweights ive ever seen and he just couldnt maintain that weight but he didnt have that one punch snap that foster posessed

Comment

Working...
                      X