Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Duran, Hearns and Leonard all had to jump multiple weight classes to fight this coward. All put on great showings! Why Hagler is even mentioned amongst these multi-division warriors baffles the hell out of me.

Hagler's legacy is camping out at Middleweight waiting for small welters to pounce on.
    lol and let me guess you rate Joe Calzaghe above Hagler????

Slappy is a joke

Eubank win was meh...(Eubank way past prime)

Kessler win was good(life and death with a straightforward high guard with just above average power, slugger)who had nobody of note on his resume either

Bernard Hopkins(went life and death with way past prime Hopkins,Hopkins took the absolute piss out of slappy and made him look amateurish,got robbed for racist remark I guess)

Roy Jones win.... lol Slappy love bragging about beating this legend ,pity the legend was practically a fossilised myth by the time he fought him

Oh but the other 40ish tomato cans were great wins ,some stopped ever so brutally

Comment

Smh..........

You are a troll and should be banned for this post. Moron! WTF is wrong with you? Let me guess. Floyd is your favorite fighter? Wait. It's Roy Jones? Or wait. It's Hopkins?? Smh. Hagler is the REAL greatest Middleweight ever. Not Robinson and certainly not Hopkins. He was built to fight Middleweight his entire career. PERIOD. The same way Terry Norris, Vargas, and Winky fought at 154lbs. There is nobody today that beats Hagler at 160lbs, man. NOBODY. He lost one time really and that was to SRL. Have some respect you new aged idiot! Red K for starting this thread.

Comment

Duran, Hearns and Leonard all had to jump multiple weight classes to fight this coward. All put on great showings! Why Hagler is even mentioned amongst these multi-division warriors baffles the hell out of me.

Hagler's legacy is camping out at Middleweight waiting for small welters to pounce on.
        What stupid comments. There is no shame in staying in top condition and remaining in the same weight class. All the fighters you mentioned moved up just one (really a half) division to fight Hagler. Yeah, poor little Tommy Hearns.

This will serve as a good landing ground for everyone with an agenda though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boba Fett View Post

Slappy is a joke

Kessler win was good(life and death with a straightforward high guard with just above average power, slugger)who had nobody of note on his resume either

Bernard Hopkins(went life and death with way past prime Hopkins,Hopkins took the absolute piss out of slappy and made him look amateurish,got robbed for racist remark I guess)

Roy Jones win.... lol Slappy love bragging about beating this legend ,pity the legend was practically a fossilised myth by the time he fought him

Oh but the other 40ish tomato cans were great wins ,some stopped ever so brutally
          Love a British stoppage!

Comment

Originally posted by Boba Fett View Post

Slappy is a joke

Calzagge is the greatest of all time, what other boxer won and retired undefeated with 2 messed up useless broken hands? I rest my case.

Also we and all boxers know he can hit hard when he thinks its worth the risk to his buggered hands/ and before he broke his hands, for example the knockdown of Eubank who has an absurdly strong chin that took the best of nigel benns shots who was p4p one of the hardest hitters of all time.
            Last edited by AlexKid; 08-27-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Its the equivalent of Joe Calzaghe beating Pacquaio, Marquez and then losing a close decision to Mayweather to end his career.

If you are a non-heavy and want to show your greatness you need to prove yourself in multiple weight classes. Sugar Ray Robinson wouldve been 200-0 if he camped out in one division like Hagler did.

Comment

Hagler couldn't hold 175 at 5'9" and be in his normal great condition.
                Most fighters stayed in one division unless they entered boxing at a young age and naturally grew out of the weight class.
                haglers record right from the start is one of the BEST records in Middleweight history. Just because the OP doesn't know the men on it doesn't mean its not quality. Try studying the men on the list and understand Hagler fought men who plenty of other Middleweights avoided.
                I'm not relisting his opponents I just did it a few weeks ago, his record is outstanding and his competition was excellant!
                Ray

Comment

Its the equivalent of Joe Calzaghe beating Pacquaio, Marquez and then losing a close decision to Mayweather to end his career.

If you are a non-heavy and want to show your greatness you need to prove yourself in multiple weight classes. Sugar Ray Robinson wouldve been 200-0 if he camped out in one division like Hagler did.
                  That is your warped perception and isn't shared by most serious fans. Nothing wrong being a career middleweight, especially when the next step is 175.

Calzaghe finished his career at lightheavy and comparing him fighting small welters to Hagler is idiotic.

Comment

I could not agree with you anymore. Thank you for saying it. Hagler gets way too much credit. They were all smaller and look at the facts.

Leonard made him look like a fool.

Duran outboxed him, making him look like a fool and according to Larry Holmes, won the fight.

Hearns cut the hell out of him and had him on his way out had he not broken his hand.

Him being in the fab 4 is fine, but he's definitely at the bottom. Plus, rematches? Never wanted one with Hearns or Duran and his bitterness over Leonard showed what a jerk personality he has.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      I could not agree with you anymore. Thank you for saying it. Hagler gets way too much credit. They were all smaller and look at the facts.

Leonard made him look like a fool.

Duran outboxed him, making him look like a fool and according to Larry Holmes, won the fight.

Hearns cut the hell out of him and had him on his way out had he not broken his hand.

Him being in the fab 4 is fine, but he's definitely at the bottom. Plus, rematches? Never wanted one with Hearns or Duran and his bitterness over Leonard showed what a jerk personality he has.
                      I am a fan of all four men with duran being my favorite but Although he fought well Marvin earned the victory. Larry Holmes and duran were and still maybe very good friends.I think if the politics were different Marvin may not have lost to Ray and could have rallied in a 15 rounder. Having said that I think he is behind duran and leonard p4p and the loss to leonard is why I justify that

Comment

Working...
                      X