Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fighters historically do you feel are underrated

Which fighters historically do you feel are underrated and why

Micheal Spinks....

When talking atg lists, he never gets mentioned, and he is arguably the greatest lightheavy of the modern era, reigned over probably the deepest lightheavy era in history, gold medalist, and beat a true heavyweight champ, basically retired undefeated...

But the poor guy will always be remembered as the dude that tyson knocked out in 30 seconds

Comment

Maybe historically, but I usually see him ranked at the top or top 5 at least at light heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Micheal Spinks....

When talking atg lists, he never gets mentioned, and he is arguably the greatest lightheavy of the modern era, reigned over probably the deepest lightheavy era in history, gold medalist, and beat a true heavyweight champ, basically retired undefeated...

But the poor guy will always be remembered as the dude that tyson knocked out in 30 seconds
        You beat me to it LOL... i posted up this topic to talk about Michael Spinks but what more can i add that you haven't already said. He is vastly underrated, i dont believe there is many fighters in history, who would have lasted past the opening round against the Mike Tyson who Spinks fought that night.

Comment

CHUVALO.
          because i read his book and can see his how he thought in the ring etc.
          some may sound like excuses, but seems legit still

Comment

Angel Manfredy

Comment

Primo Carnera.

This is one guy from the old days who actually looks MORE impressive when you see him on Film. People try to pass him off as a false circus freak but when you see how fluidly he glides at 6'6 260, and how he physically knocked Sharkey airborne off an uppercut, you realize he couldve been champ in any era.

Klitschko before Klitschko pre steroid era

Comment

Vicente Saldivar

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  Vicente Saldivar
                  He's widely renowned as one of the best southpaw of all time, great fighter. Don't think he's underrated, or at least I haven't heard any who have. He's ranked high in history, where he should be

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    Primo Carnera.

This is one guy from the old days who actually looks MORE impressive when you see him on Film. People try to pass him off as a false circus freak but when you see how fluidly he glides at 6'6 260, and how he physically knocked Sharkey airborne off an uppercut, you realize he couldve been champ in any era.

Klitschko before Klitschko pre steroid era
                    i dont often agree wit you on much, but i agree with you on Carnera. i have always thought of him as a decent fighter whose mobility is fantastic. like you point out. Carnera actually scored more KOs than any other heavyweight champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X