Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strategy do you think Tyson would have implemented with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Whose that in your pic with Andre The Giant? I might have a guess, but don't want to say.
    That is former featherweight champion Bobby Chacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Foreman was much more dangerous than Ruddock was. Can anyone imagine Ruddock walking through a prime Ken Norton like that? It's a lot more impressive than a KO over a faded Michael Dokes.
      I agree...I just think that Ruddock was better than most people think these days. But no, he is not on the level of Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Ruddock had a left hook ,and right upper cut ,,Foreman had a jab and clubbing right,they were both two handed fighters ......funny everyone baeses Ruddock one hande because Tyson made him into one.
        Watch the Lewis fight as another example....there are many. The problem with RR was that his money punch was easily avoided.

Comment

Hey, get yourself back into the picture, miss. What is this?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Watch the Lewis fight as another example....there are many. The problem with RR was that his money punch was easily avoided.
            Not really the speed of that punch is on,if that was the case Tyson would not have got hit either.Even at 51 that punch is very quick .Ruddock after Tyson was shot ,he never was the same ,the guy had miles on him and LL caught him with huge right hand ,taking punches from Tyson and Morrison one has to have a chin,he would have certainly beat Axel Shultz or Alex Stewart two guys who stood up to Foreman and arguably beat him ,in 91 i see no evidence from fighting a much smaller Holyfield that he wins ,Ruddock going toe to toe with Tyson for 19 total rounds is certainly ,more impressive .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-04-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Soon enough. I drop a little diversity occasionally. Glad you are a fan.

Comment

Tyson would have to get inside. There would be no other way for him to fight Foreman. If he tried to box and work his way inside Foreman would pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Tyson would have to get inside. There would be no other way for him to fight Foreman. If he tried to box and work his way inside Foreman would pick him apart.
                  Despite his height and physique, I always felt that Tyson was better from the outside. I see his best chance to beat Foreman would be potshotting from the outside, where his hand speed advantage may serve him well. The closest thing to an example would be the Morrison fight, although I'm not sure how effective that would be on a younger Foreman.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Mike often crouched before leashing his attacks.

Like another Cus D'Amato fighter, Floyd Patterson. In their 1st fight, Ingo was fully concentrated on throwing a hard jab or two as soon as he saw Floyd crouching, snapping him out of his attack.

Not much of an analyze here, but I could see ol' George having a similar fight plan. And a lot of holding in between.

Though we learned from fighters who sparred or fought them both that ol' George's punches hurt more, I can see Mike being too quick-fisted and gaining an undisputable decision.

That's the old version of George I'm talking about. I believe he would've had a much better chance than the younger George. But with guys like George and Mike, you never know. One punch can settles it.
                    Last edited by Ben Bolt; 07-04-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      Yeah, wrong thread to mention Bobby Chacon, but I don't mind.

His boxing years left him severly damaged, but remember watching him on telly in a post-career interview, saying the price was worth it and regretting nothing. And he was - despite his personal tragedy - humorous and seemingly easygoing.

His average day probably contained a lot of hell, but to us he didn't complain.
                      A totally admirable personality.

Comment

Working...
                      X