No announcement yet.

Boxing History Debate Contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    The same Elroy who said that Alex Lepai would KO Ali and Derrick Chisora would KO "featherfisted" Joe Frazier?

Yeah, he's credible.
    Well you have to look at the match ups,maybe ?Maybe not?I know a big 240 plus guy has the ability....just ask this what happened at one moment in the mid 60's when Ali got caught by a 180 pounder from Britain? No banana dancing will change that answer...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      I don't know what you guys are debating...
      There will be set questions, not trying to trip anybody up with this. I just thought with a bit of structure and competition we could get some good debates/discussions going.

I don't know any posters on a personal level other than the knuckle heads but really one in Elroy,who truthfully I think is the only legit guy on this site other than joe,stephen and a few others that I don't remember off hand...no offense......I would recommend though I don't know this poster...New England.
      Anybody is welcome to join in. You can participant if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        There will be set questions, not trying to trip anybody up with this. I just thought with a bit of structure and competition we could get some good debates/discussions going.

Anybody is welcome to join in. You can participant if you wish.
        well to be honest my boxing is limited to what im interested in HW diviosn or certain eras or fighters...it depends on the topic im not going to pretend like I know what im talking about like the majority here ,weather ppl agree or disagree with me........yea i'll participate why not?...seems like im in rthe small minority anyways I don't take sides I just take whats there.....lol

Comment

well to be honest my boxing is limited to what im interested in HW diviosn or certain eras or fighters...
          I'm the same and I would guess that everybody else is too. Specific weight classes and eras they are particularly knowledgeable on.

it depends on the topic im not going to pretend like I know what im talking about like the majority here ,weather ppl agree or disagree with me........
          I've got questions ready which I think everybody will have the ability to debate and contribute to.

The voting side is not just about whose opinion the judge sides with, as some questions will inevitable force one participant to argue a case they may personally disagree with - it'll also be on whose rebuttals were stronger, strength of the opening and closing statements, ability to field questions - several variables much like boxing itself.

yea i'll participate why not?...seems like im in rthe small minority anyways I don't take sides I just take whats there.....lol
          Thanks. Added.

Comment

I'm the same and I would guess that everybody else is too. Specific weight classes and eras they are particularly knowledgeable on.

I've got questions ready which I think everybody will have the ability to debate and contribute to.

The voting side is not just about whose opinion the judge sides with, as some questions will inevitable force one participant to argue a case they may personally disagree with - it'll also be on whose rebuttals were stronger, strength of the opening and closing statements, ability to field questions - several variables much like boxing itself.

Thanks. Added.
            O.k check back later...

Comment

Well you have to look at the match ups,maybe ?Maybe not?I know a big 240 plus guy has the ability....just ask this what happened at one moment in the mid 60's when Ali got caught by a 180 pounder from Britain? No banana dancing will change that answer...
              He stopped him in the very next round. And then beat him even easier in a rematch.

But MAYBE Chisora beats Frazier and Lepai beats Ali? Well you asked for it...

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                i have already ruled myself out, due to the headless chickens who infest this site like yourself. Who know very little about boxing or debating for that matter.
                amen tadat
                Last edited by Rockin'; 04-18-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  He stopped him in the very next round. And then beat him even easier in a rematch.

But MAYBE Chisora beats Frazier and Lepai beats Ali? Well you asked for it...
                  What did I ask for ?...Every one here is on some good drugs or really good drugs...the fact I gave REAL accurances ...shows that anything and less skilled /bigger fighters MAY cause problems,,,,,again check yourself...coming at me will do you little to no good...im a bit smart in the fighting world.

Comment

im a bit smart in the fighting world.
                    You do a fabulous job of disguising it as ignorance.

Comment

This is a thread to gauge the level of interest if a Boxing History Debate Contest was run.

The contest would be in the form of a knockout tournament. Two members debate with one another a set question before a winner is voted for.

The manner of debating would allow each an opening statement before having the chance to ask up to three questions querying their opponent's statement which must be answered.

The thread would then be open for any board member to ask one question each of either participant.

After answering the questions both members then give their closing statements to end the debate.

Voting for the winner will be done publicly by those who express interest in being judges.

--

A quick example would be a set question;

"Who was more to blame for the never to transpire contest between Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis in 1992?"

One member will be selected to go first, giving them the option of which side to argue, Bowe or Lewis and lay out their argument. The other member then gives their opening opposing statement.

It would then continue as explained above.

--

Would need at least eight members to participant and at least three to judge to try this.
                      Anything to encourage critical thinking here would be great.... I don't know about the perception of objectivity considering how certain posting behavoirs annoy me but whatever I can do and whatever capacity you think correct I would be willing to volunteer. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X